X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
    This is the last week of coaching for the season for Philip Rivers.

Prediction: former N. Carolina St QB to the Carolina Panthers NFL week 9.

https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/...off-berth.html
    Carolina has about $13M in cap space per Spotrac, which is amazing as they have tons of dead cap players eating into their cap. At Rivers' previous contract rate, it would take just about all of their available cap space to sign him for half a season.

Another issue is that Carolina is not really a contender. They have 4 losses and still have to play the Bucs twice, the Cardinals and the Bills. They have another game against the Saints as well, which is certainly losable even though they beat the Saints earlier this season.

In looking at the teams in contentions, none are a good fit for Rivers, though Carolina might be the best fit.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Carolina has about $13M in cap space per Spotrac, which is amazing as they have tons of dead cap players eating into their cap. At Rivers' previous contract rate, it would take just about all of their available cap space to sign him for half a season.

Another issue is that Carolina is not really a contender. They have 4 losses and still have to play the Bucs twice, the Cardinals and the Bills. They have another game against the Saints as well, which is certainly losable even though they beat the Saints earlier this season.

In looking at the teams in contentions, none are a good fit for Rivers, though Carolina might be the best fit.
      I think at this time he is a better option than Ben is in Pittsurgh. But who knows if Phil wants to play. He likely isn't in football shape while being around the epic speed of High School football lol.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

3-4 and a game out of wild card status and will eventually get McCaffery back.
        give Phil $10M ($1.11M per game) hopefully they go 7-3 = 10-7 and get in.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think at this time he is a better option than Ben is in Pittsurgh. But who knows if Phil wants to play. He likely isn't in football shape while being around the epic speed of High School football lol.
          I thought I read he was staying in shape in case he got a call?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I thought I read he was staying in shape in case he got a call?
            Could be but he has to be a bit rusty. Still think he is better than Ben at this point.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

There would be something intriguing to PR in ending his career in Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

How are the Panthers going to finish 7-3 with their remaining schedule? It seems like too much of a longshot to tempt Rivers.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I know this won't happen, and probably shouldn't, but it would be nice for the Chargers to offer PR a coaching internship... maybe for defense.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

I had a dream about the Chiefs game in week 15. Herbert got hurt. I hope this doesn't become a reality and he misses games. If it does, I want the team to sign Rivers.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I think at this point Rivers has made around 200M in his career. If he came back he might do it for much less just for the love of the game although 10M seems reasonable.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

How are the Panthers going to finish 7-3 with their remaining schedule? It seems like too much of a longshot to tempt Rivers.
                        Philcember baby!

Look at the 2020 Colts with Rivers then look at the 2019 & 2021 Colts without.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Philcember baby!

Look at the 2020 Colts with Rivers then look at the 2019 & 2021 Colts without.
                          A difference of about 3 - 4 wins per season. Most Colt fans wanted him gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X