• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You know between Kyzir (9 tackles/8 solo) and TDavis (14 tackles/7solo) had 23 tackles with 15 solo in game uno?
    Did they play perfect? No. Both missed reads and impact opportunities.
    - Kyzir was playing in just his 4th game and first as our Mike. TDavis in his first game action with this D system and new teammates.
    - Things will improve week to week and hit our stride in mid season.
    - Mid-late season we get some impact players back.
    I like kyzir White but where was Perryman.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

I like kyzir White but where was Perryman.
      Still recovering from injury/working through rust and he is not the impact talent Kyzir is.
      When Kyzir, TDavis, Denzel, & Drue are all healthy and have played the rust/inexperience off; we will see an impactful group. Give it a few weeks.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Still recovering from injury/working through rust and he is not the impact talent Kyzir is.
        When Kyzir, TDavis, Denzel, & Drue are all healthy and have played the rust/inexperience off; we will see an impactful group. Give it a few weeks.
        It's gonna be hard but I will try. With that said I do not want to see any big plays this game from the lions RB.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Well Mr Tranquil needs to show me he deserves to be a starter. I know he has potential but I'm tired of players having potential I want to see what they can do now.
          How would another draft pick be any different? We need to see failure in White, Tranquil, and continued injury issues with Perryman this season, before we make LB a wishlist priority.

Now...that doesn't mean if the best LB in the draft falls to us in the 26-32 range, that we don't take him if he is by far BPA? Sure...we could always use a star there...but I think we probably need a star CB or Olineman more...

But we still got 15+ games this season...what our actual needs will be, depending on who shines, who grows, who stumbles, and who fails...that may change quite a bit, I'll grant you.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Love the optimism but we aren't a squad that gets healthier as the year goes on

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

When is the last time we made a significant trade? Chris Chambers in 2007? Although it's nice to speculate, the Chargers almost never find themselves in trade talks.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

How would another draft pick be any different? We need to see failure in White, Tranquil, and continued injury issues with Perryman this season, before we make LB a wishlist priority.

Now...that doesn't mean if the best LB in the draft falls to us in the 26-32 range, that we don't take him if he is by far BPA? Sure...we could always use a star there...but I think we probably need a star CB or Olineman more...
                don't tempt me like that....

actually like a day three/fifth rounder for us @ILB in next year's draft.... https://www.draftblaster.com/2020-nfl-draft/evan-weaver-ilbolb-california/

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/49498/evan-weaver

will also add that I surmise Drue's true/best position would be as a 3-4 ILB, which for us would equate to a WILinebacker.... he's a coverage LB w/great lateral agility, lacking in head 2 head firepower.... he is a playmaker by the looks of things tho.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                  When is the last time we made a significant trade? Chris Chambers in 2007? Although it's nice to speculate, the Chargers almost never find themselves in trade talks.
                  When we traded Inman to the Bears for draft picks. Just two years ago.

The cornerback position is weak. The best guys we rely on are hurt, with one being injury prone. Lets see what Dontae Johnson brings to the table. If things don't get better in a month, something should be done to address the position before the trade deadline.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Don't know why we wouldn't do the trade, contract extension concerns maybe???

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Don't know why we wouldn't do the trade, contract extension concerns maybe???
                      We already have King in the slot and don't have pressing S needs IMO. Neither King or Mincah can play outside, so we really would not have addressed our need at all. I don't see a fit with Adderely having been drafted. If this were happening last year, i would do the deal in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

The Dolphins want a high draft pick for him, so they are going to trade him to us. They don't want a guy like Gordon, they want to add draft picks to rebuild the roster the way they want it, and don't want to wait 3 to 5 years to do it. I think he would help if we could get him, but we aren't going to give up the right combination of picks to get him.

The problem is that he has not played the outside CB position much in Miami. They use him in the slot and at both S spots. A lot of people don't like the fact that he doesn't have enough speed outside, but that is what they said about Hayward. Fitz would fit our D better than most because we play so much zone and man off coverage. He doesn't need the speed to run with elite deep guys, because we will give him a cushion and/or deep help. You just don't know for sure until he tries and the only way for that to happen is to give up a #1.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          The Dolphins want a high draft pick for him, so they (are) AREN'T going to trade him to us. They don't want a guy like Gordon, they want to add draft picks to rebuild the roster the way they want it, and don't want to wait 3 to 5 years to do it. I think he would help if we could get him, but we aren't going to give up the right combination of picks to get him.

The problem is that he has not played the outside CB position much in Miami. They use him in the slot and at both S spots. A lot of people don't like the fact that he doesn't have enough speed outside, but that is what they said about Hayward. Fitz would fit our D better than most because we play so much zone and man off coverage. He doesn't need the speed to run with elite deep guys, because we will give him a cushion and/or deep help. You just don't know for sure until he tries and the only way for that to happen is to give up a #1.
                          There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

Working...
                          X