• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

He is right.So who do we blame?How does it get fixed?All business whether successful or failing starts at the top.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      He is right.So who do we blame?How does it get fixed?All business whether successful or failing starts at the top.
      When the game is on the line and Rivers is starting to melt down, yank him and put in Tyrod...

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

When the game is on the line and Rivers is starting to melt down, yank him and put in Tyrod...
        Rivers needs to be reigned in like he always has.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Rivers needs to be reigned in like he always has.
          I was being semi-facetious, but seriously, Lynn needs to have another talk with him about not slinging the rock into coverage for picks, OR ELSE! Whatever that else may be...

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

The refs shot us in the foot man.Ticky tac bullshit calls all game to reign our team in.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

The line between winning and losing in this league is just too small, to leave that many points off the board.

The 2 TD's called back hurt. The fumble by Ekeler really hurt. The 2 missed FG's.

And Rivers pick was just a terrible decision.

Lost a game they deserved to win, but it's their own fault.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

I think what makes this loss so frustrating is that this reminds me of Mike McCoy-era type of game. No discipline, lack of cohesion, stupid mistakes, etc. I thought we had moved past that the last couple of years but apparently not. Here is to hoping it gets tightened up and quick, cant afford to be 2 games back of KC only 3 games in....
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                    The line between winning and losing in this league is just too small, to leave that many points off the board.

The 2 TD's called back hurt. The fumble by Ekeler really hurt. The 2 missed FG's.

And Rivers pick was just a terrible decision.

Lost a game they deserved to win, but it's their own fault.
                    We did not deserve to win and didn't. Eliminate even just few of the mistakes and we would have won going away.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I thought the call on Inman was a ticky tack call. He has a hand on the DBs shoulder but he hardly touched him and didnt shove him at all.
                      He was called for holding, not an illegal block. It was weak as F.

Comment

• RedRamage
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Howdy, Lions fan visiting...

Just wanted to say that I find it refreshing to read a lot of comments here. There are similar sorts of things we're often saying about our Lions... the mental mistakes, the stupid errors that give away a game. It's nice to know that we're not the only ones who are down on our team about the dumb.

It was a ugly win, but I'll take the win. I never apologize for winning the NFL, it's not often pretty... especially in Detroit... but a win is a win.

This wasn't brought up here at all... probably it was discussed in the Game Day Thread... but what were your thoughts on the "flag" thrown on the one Stafford scramble? As soon as the flags went out I wasn't happy and I've VERY glad that they picked them up. I get that the league is all about protecting the QB, but that was a clean hit. Stafford was NOT sliding. He was kinda stumbling towards a slide, but he wasn't there yet and no reason for the defenders to pull up.

Too often the league wants the defenders to not only be able to read the mind of the QB to know what he's going to do in the next 1.5 seconds so they can avoid any hit, but also change direction in mid-air to prevent any collisions. I was happy to see this NOT called a foul.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RedRamage View Post
                          Howdy, Lions fan visiting...

Just wanted to say that I find it refreshing to read a lot of comments here. There are similar sorts of things we're often saying about our Lions... the mental mistakes, the stupid errors that give away a game. It's nice to know that we're not the only ones who are down on our team about the dumb.

It was a ugly win, but I'll take the win. I never apologize for winning the NFL, it's not often pretty... especially in Detroit... but a win is a win.

This wasn't brought up here at all... probably it was discussed in the Game Day Thread... but what were your thoughts on the "flag" thrown on the one Stafford scramble? As soon as the flags went out I wasn't happy and I've VERY glad that they picked them up. I get that the league is all about protecting the QB, but that was a clean hit. Stafford was NOT sliding. He was kinda stumbling towards a slide, but he wasn't there yet and no reason for the defenders to pull up.

Too often the league wants the defenders to not only be able to read the mind of the QB to know what he's going to do in the next 1.5 seconds so they can avoid any hit, but also change direction in mid-air to prevent any collisions. I was happy to see this NOT called a foul.
                          It this would have been Tom Brady, do you think the penalty actually gets enforced?

Comment

Working...
                          X