• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And Wood, this is the pure essence of Rivers playing "hero ball"...instead of going for the higher-percentage throw to Mike Will, he FORCES the rock into double coverage for a pick...seen this so many times, and you would think he would learn not to force things...I'm guessing Lynn has a talk with 'ole Phil...
    So many NFL games come down to the last few possessions and even though it shouldn't have either week that was the case for the Chargers in both games. Against the Colts PR put together the OT drive to win it after throwing and end zone INT when we could have iced the game.

Against at the Lions he made the critical error that cost us. The D had the chance to make a stop with just under a minute to go but Davis was a step late on 3rd down and the Lions converted. That coming after Stanford threw a near perfect ball to take the lead on their prior possession. Stafford made the critical plays. PR didn't.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

So many NFL games come down to the last few possessions and even though it shouldn't have either week that was the case for the Chargers in both games. Against the Colts PR put together the OT drive to win it after throwing and end zone INT when we could have iced the game.

Against at the Lions he made the critical error that cost us. The D had the chance to make a stop with just under a minute to go but Davis was a step late on 3rd down and the Lions converted. That coming after Stanford threw a near perfect ball to take the lead on their prior possession. Stafford made the critical plays. PR didn't.
      I disagree with your last two sentences. Rivers made plenty of critical plays. If we could make a FG or not fumble on the goal line, it's a completely different story. Rivers put us in position to win that game multiple times, but unfortunately made a mistake at the end.

in classic Chargers fashion, Rivers has to play a pretty much perfect game for us to win. Meanwhile, Stafford can give the ball away multiple times and still win, because the rest of his team didn't crap the bed and leave 13+ points off the board.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

I disagree with your last two sentences. Rivers made plenty of critical plays. If we could make a FG or not fumble on the goal line, it's a completely different story. Rivers put us in position to win that game multiple times, but unfortunately made a mistake at the end.

in classic Chargers fashion, Rivers has to play a pretty much perfect game for us to win. Meanwhile, Stafford can give the ball away multiple times and still win, because the rest of his team didn't crap the bed and leave 13+ points off the board.
        The end when the game hangs in the balance is what matters.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

in the end if we scored at least those 13 points nothing matters with Rivers. I dont buy the 'when the game hangs in the balance' shtick. It wasnt him who fumbled, it wasnt him who dropped balls, it wasnt him who got called (bogusly) for ticky tack BS holds to negate TDs. PR didnt play a perfect game and there were quite a few overthrows on his part where if he threw it about a foot shorter it's completed. Haha overthrows and Rivers rarely go hand in hand! But he did make that TERRIBLE toss in the end when he coulda gone for something safer instead of latching onto Keenan. but to pin this loss on him is not fair, nor...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

Our O-line is bad at pass blocking. Near the bottom of the league. But they did not cause us to lose to the Lions.

​​​
            Pass blocking on that fateful INT was perfection. I don't suspect that stats back up the assertion "near bottom" so far. I agree with next poster - Phil wet the bed on this play. He knew it. It happens. on to the next.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
            X