• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Protect17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    Regardless of this particular trade scenario, I do wish this organization was a little more desperate/creative in the twilight of Rivers' career. Actually, the time for that should have been 5 years ago, probably.

When you have big dragons to slay (KC, NE), you sometimes need to make bold moves. I don't know if it's in this organization's DNA.
    Very well said .

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Surprise Player(s): Brandon Facyson

Due to a mix of injuries and strong preseason play, undrafted second-year player Brandon Facyson has worked his way into the defensive back rotation and played admirably thus far.

Per Sports Info Solutions, Facyson has allowed four catches on 13 targets, allowing just 4.4 yards per target while putting up 19 tackles. Don't expect him to become a world-beater, but Facyson has turned himself from specialteamer to contributor in his second season.

:cartman:

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's one game. Still got 8 in LA at home.
        Understand, and the teams in lower tax states still play game in higher tax states. No doubt about it that teams in California are at a disadvantage for enticing players to come here.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Regardless of this particular trade scenario, I do wish this organization was a little more desperate/creative in the twilight of Rivers' career. Actually, the time for that should have been 5 years ago, probably.

When you have big dragons to slay (KC, NE), you sometimes need to make bold moves. I don't know if it's in this organization's DNA.
          Desperation drove AJ Smith to sign Lazy Gaither to an ill-advised bloated contract, after he only played 5 games...how'd that work out for us?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            Surprise Player(s): Brandon Facyson

Due to a mix of injuries and strong preseason play, undrafted second-year player Brandon Facyson has worked his way into the defensive back rotation and played admirably thus far.

Per Sports Info Solutions, Facyson has allowed four catches on 13 targets, allowing just 4.4 yards per target while putting up 19 tackles. Don't expect him to become a world-beater, but Facyson has turned himself from specialteamer to contributor in his second season.

:cartman:
            I guess he's improving...

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I just think it's funny how some fans clutch their pearls when it comes to trading draft picks.
              Not just fans. Most GMs in general unless they are ultra desperate. A large part of it has to do with the salary cap. If there was no cap, then draft picks wouldn't be valued as highly. But you're basically getting someone for a low fixed price for decent amount of years. This became particular true after the most recent CBA in 2011.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Not just fans. Most GMs in general unless they are ultra desperate. A large part of it has to do with the salary cap. If there was no cap, then draft picks wouldn't be valued as highly. But you're basically getting someone for a low fixed price for decent amount of years. This became particular true after the most recent CBA in 2011.
                It is also not easy to assimilate into a complex unit on the fly, unlike more individual team sports like basketball, baseball etc. That is one of the most difficult aspects of in sesson additions at many positions in football. Not all positions, but many. For example, Tunsil has been a turnstyle and looked like crap at times, not because he is not a good player, but due to missed assignments and reads with his team mates from lack of reps.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

In the name of Tom Telesco, I have given you authority to trample on Chiefs and Patriots, and to overcome all the power of the enemy.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I read a rumor this morning on the Bleacher report that the Jags now want 2 first round picks ,,, TT wont ever do that if that is true
                    Last edited by Electric Chicken; 09-18-2019, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Til he saw the tax brackets
                      Yeah that's one of the only things I'm a little worried about. California's tax rate especially for a player making his salary is going to be ridiculous since he cares about that.

But he also talked about about how he wants to be somewhere that he can develop his brand or something (and I think he mentioned Vegas for this) but Los Angeles is even better. He can do his work in the offseason to build up his off the field ventures in one of the biggest markets in the nation.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yeah but this depends on how well you are at drafting.

Think of the '13 and '14 drafts for example, and this is all hypothetical but would you rather have Jalen Ramsey on the team or DJ Fluker and Jason Verrett?
                        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Can we actually email the organization?? Cuz ill do it in a heart beat. Eapecially if all ghe charger fans were doing it. 13 emails might get their attention
                          I've got these addresses - not sure how much help they'd be though.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X