• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Chiefs are one of the favorites to get Ramsey. They are all in. I wouldn't be surprised if TT didn't even pick up the phone. Would be glad to be proven wrong on this.

It would be interesting if the Chiefs get Ramsey. Kelce's contract is up at the end of the 2020 season; they won't want to wait until 2021 to negotiate with Mahomes; Chris Jone's contract is up in 2020. Their GM is in the same possession as Telesco.

Comment

• Protect17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It would be interesting if the Chiefs get Ramsey. Kelce's contract is up at the end of the 2020 season; they won't want to wait until 2021 to negotiate with Mahomes; Chris Jone's contract is up in 2020. Their GM is in the same possession as Telesco.
      So what your saying is We have zero excuse not to go all in then .

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

TT is not going to give away the future for Ramsey. Let it go, adjust emotionally to the truth. Start now so when he does get traded somewhere else, you are ready. Miami isn't giving any picks for MG or anyone. They are sellers, not buyers. zero chance there - again, begin your preparation now so you are ready to weather the non-news.

I hope KC gives up 2 #1s for Ramsey. Bury them for a couple years for "now" - he isn't going to change their season. He'll demand a new contract before the lights go on in 2020.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            TT is not going to give away the future for Ramsey. Let it go, adjust emotionally to the truth. Start now so when he does get traded somewhere else, you are ready. Miami isn't giving any picks for MG or anyone. They are sellers, not buyers. zero chance there - again, begin your preparation now so you are ready to weather the non-news.

I hope KC gives up 2 #1s for Ramsey. Bury them for a couple years for "now" - he isn't going to change their season. He'll demand a new contract before the lights go on in 2020.
            It boggles my mind how many fans would mortgage everything for some bling. Although, armchair / keyboard gm's are good for a chuckle. opcorn:
            Last edited by SuperCharged; 09-18-2019, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Ramsey is undoubtedly talented. And I'm not that worried about his attitude/locker chemistry. But right now, our pass defense isn't our weakness. The run defense worries me more. And of course you always have to worry about the cap. I'd rather see them spend that money to re-sign Bosa.

Next year, Ramsey will make $13 million in his 5th year. You could fit him under the cap by releasing Okung. But kind of hope that savings is used on Bosa re-signing. And even then, you'd have to really dedicate yourself to drafting a quality OT to replace Okung.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

It boggles my mind how many fans would mortgage everything for some bling. Although, armchair / keyboard gm's are good for a chuckle. opcorn:
                And that is the key term here: "mortgaging the future" -- sorry, two #1 picks is too steep--we've got too many holes to fill, starting with OT and CB...

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And that is the key term here: "mortgaging the future" -- sorry, two #1 picks is too steep--we've got too many holes to fill, starting with OT and CB...
                  2 likely low 1st rd picks for a very good & versatile starting CB now.

There is free agency, current player development, all the other draft picks.

And one 1st is what Ramsey would be in the draft and he would not last to a lower pick.

So the cost is really one 1st to get the deal done.

It is not mortgaging anything.

Ramsey & Fournette
                  For
                  2020 & 2021 1st picks & Gordon.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

A lot of fans are just shouting at a mirror to see what the guy on the other side does. The NFL has a salary cap. In that set amount a team has to pay an entire squad & in doing so, also try to lock up their best talent for multiple years. They cannot just sign &/or trade for anyone they want without a trickle down effect. An action results in an equal reaction.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

2 likely low 1st rd picks for a very good & versatile starting CB now.

There is free agency, current player development, all the other draft picks.

And one 1st is what Ramsey would be in the draft and he would not last to a lower pick.

So the cost is really one 1st to get the deal done.

It is not mortgaging anything.

Ramsey & Fournette
                      For
                      2020 & 2021 1st picks & Gordon.
                      I would rather pay Gordon then making that huge deal.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

A lot of fans are just shouting at a mirror to see what the guy on the other side does. The NFL has a salary cap. In that set amount a team has to pay an entire squad & in doing so, also try to lock up their best talent for multiple years. They cannot just sign &/or trade for anyone they want without a trickle down effect. An action results in an equal reaction.
                        Wait you mean Fans (fanatics) are emotionally invested and want great players to come to their team somewhat unrealistically?! :hello:

Seriously though sure its not always the best idea but many teams have done fancy maneuvering within the cap to get talented players. Will it end up hurting them 2-3 years down the line, sure but in 2-3 years this team won't have Rivers contract around their neck and will have money to get out of cap hell.

Rivers has 3 years left at most, after that we free up a ton of space. So making a few moves now to bolster our roster against the rash of injuries but also for the playoffs where the real football begins isn't a horrible idea.

In my opinion though if youre you're going to overpay you over pay for Trent Williams, you figure out how to pry him away from Washington. I like the idea of Ramsey but our OL could use the upgrade and watch the flip out if Okung and Williams ever see the field together.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

i'd rather the Chargers swing and miss with Ramsey then sit on their hands and "hope" 4th string CB can defend passes.

Show me you want to win

Comment

Working...
                          X