• Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Spotrac shows Fournette at 7.4 this year and 8.6 next year. Ramsey is 7.4 this year and 13.7 next year. Neither of those play into us watching out for Bosa, Rivers and the other contracts we have to pay out for in 2020 & 2021, etc. Now trading Benji would be fine by me. That's 8 mil over 2 years that could be SO much better spent!!!

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Nobody is going to give up two first round picks for Ramsey. That's crazy talk. But what about convincing Miami to give up their 2020 2nd round pick for Melvin Gordon, then offering that pick and the Chargers' own 2nd round pick for Ramsey. Miami's 2nd round pick is likely to be No. 33 overall. And it would be just deserts to trade Gordon to the team that all its current players want to bail on. I don't know if you could convince Miami to give up what will certainly be a top 35 pick for Gordon though.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Get creative.

1st rd pick in 2020
        1st rd pick in 2021
        Gordon

for

Ramsey & Fournette

Are the Chargers going to get better players with those future picks. Maybe, maybe not.

Will they get 2 talented guys right now while they are a contending team with a very good veteran QB.
        Yes.

Will adding these 2 bring energy to both sides of the ball. Yes. Big time.

that may be a good trade....... maybe James can help keep ramsey under control?

the big question is can we sign ramsey, bosa and Rivers?

all 3 will deserve top money for their positions......

since Chargers have made no effort to trade for OL help, or the Miami S/CB who Pitt just traded for, or reading for any real LBer's to shore up our horrible LBer group, i doubt we will trade for him.....

anyone listen to Lynn's post game press conference? Lynn was asked about our bad run defense and he said he though we did a good job stopping the run and only gave upon 3.8 yards per carry???..... does he not realize when its, 3rd and 1 or 2 yards that giving up 3.8 yards gives them a first down??? not sure where that 3.8 comes from cause all i remember is they backs breaking tackles and gaining extra yards on many play that was not run at Bosa who stuffed them..... only 2 stupid decisions by Stafford kept the game close.....
        Chargers coaches seem to be happy with this team playing bad teams very close ......

Chargers will get routed by NE or KC, or any team that can score points...... if we go into game with
        Texans playing like we did first 2 games we will get blown out...... and Whiz had better start using all of our offensive players instead of only using Allen and Ekler.........

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Nobody is going to give up two first round picks for Ramsey. That's crazy talk. But what about convincing Miami to give up their 2020 2nd round pick for Melvin Gordon, then offering that pick and the Chargers' own 2nd round pick for Ramsey. Miami's 2nd round pick is likely to be No. 33 overall. And it would be just deserts to trade Gordon to the team that all its current players want to bail on. I don't know if you could convince Miami to give up what will certainly be a top 35 pick for Gordon though.
          How's does one go about "convincing" Miami of a trade that is not in their interest?
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

How's does one go about "convincing" Miami of a trade that is not in their interest?
            Miami's top RB is Kenyan Drake, who has 10 carries for 31 yards and 7 receptions for 44 yards. The Dolphins have been blown out 43-0 and 59-10. Their RBs have yet to score after two games.

Can you think of a team that could use MG III more?

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

:que:
              Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Miami's top RB is Kenyan Drake, who has 10 carries for 31 yards and 7 receptions for 44 yards. The Dolphins have been blown out 43-0 and 59-10. Their RBs have yet to score after two games.

Can you think of a team that could use MG III more?
              Any team that is not in full on rebuild/tank. With their shit ton of of picks me thinks they can get a stud rb in a loaded draft for a LOT less than 13MM per and 26 y old next year.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

I'd rather trade for OJ Howard. Rivers misses a TE to go to.. LOVE Gates & certainly won't cry if we re-sign him, but someone younger & faster would be ideal.

& apparently he's struggling a bit. Maybe a change of scenery & a HOF QB is just what the doctor ordered for both of us.
                Last edited by JOJAX85; 09-17-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• I am surprised by the negative discussion so far in this thread about Ramsey.

Please consider the following groups of players:

A. Shaq Thompson, Breshad Perriman, Byron Jones, Laken Tomlinson, Phillip Dorsett, Damarious Randall, Stephone Anthony, and Malcolm Browm.
                  B. William Jackson, Artie Burns, Paxton Lynch, Kenny Clark, Joshua Garnett, Robert Nkemdiche, Vernon Butler, and Germain Ifedi
                  C. Jabril Peppers, Takkarist McKinley, Tre'Davious White, Taco Charlton, David Njoku, T.J. Watt, Reuben Foster, and Ryan Ramczyk.
                  D. Haven Hurst, Calvin Ridley, Rashaad Penny, Terrell Edmunds, Taven Bryan, Mike Hughes, Sony Michel, and Lamar Jackson.

These players represent the final 8 picks made in the first round of each NFL draft from 2015-2018, which is where our proposed two first round draft picks would likely fall as far as a Jalen Ramsey trade is concerned. Of the 32 players selected in the 4 years in question, exactly two have been named as Pro Bowlers. None are as accomplished as Ramsey. Even seeing how the 32 players have turned out (a hindsight benefit we would not have if the picks are kept) and being able to select from the entire group of players (which we would not be able to do unless we finished with the 25th pick each season), there are not any two players in the entire group of 4 drafts taken together that I would keep over Ramsey.

Ramsey's familiarity with Bradley's system is a huge plus, not a minus, as is his familiarity with James and friendship with Hayward.

Who cares if Ramsey promotes himself through off of the field statements and conduct? He is a great player at a position of need who has never missed a game in three plus seasons. He is at least as valuable as Bosa and given his lack of injury history, I would argue that he is more valuable than Bosa. Would you give up two late first round draft picks to get Joey Bosa? To get Derwin James? I would in a heartbeat and Ramsey is on that level.

Imagine a late season defense that features Bosa, Tillery, Jones and Ingram up front; White (taking over for Davis), Perryman and Nwosu at LB; and Hayward, Ramsey, James and Adderley in the secondary (with King as the nickel CB). That defense would be very tough. The secondary in particular would be amazing. It would have a chance to be the kind of defense that could win a Super Bowl even with an average offense and ours is better than that.

Give the Jags the two first round picks. It's worth it.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                    :que:

Any team that is not in full on rebuild/tank. With their shit ton of of picks me thinks they can get a stud rb in a loaded draft for a LOT less than 13MM per and 26 y old next year.
                    With their picks they could pick up a Josh Jacobs equivalent.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Facyson was the biggest weak link in the Lion game.
                      all the more reason to acquire an elite CB sooner rater than later
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Welp, I'm sold.TT........pay the man!

Comment

• Biggestfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Because it appears not to make sense, it actually makes sense. Maybe the guy needs a change. The guy has the skillset to help the defense immediately. I'm sick of this team never making moves to help us win now

Comment

Working...
                          X