• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Im not talking about the last drive of each half...... This team needs some urgency to play for TD's EVERY possession like the KC, NE, and NO do...... if this team were averaging 30+ points our defense would suddenly get better, would get more sacks, and turnovers and therefore more scoring opportunities....

14 points in a half is NOT enough in today's NFL....... we should have lost week one also.....

The same bumbling mistakes are costing us these games and will cause us to lose or barely squeak by vs Miami.......
    When I read "when this team needs to hurry up" I didn't realize that meant all drives all the time. There are many areas where we are just plain sloppy, but I'm not convinced that we have an urgency issue.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

the Browns went 1-15.... @our expense.

we don't fare well in Miami.

we have bigger problems @wideout than peoples here are willing to admit.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Krazy_Legs View Post

Yeah, other than the Denver game...quite a few things broke our way last year.

We were good, but I think people got caught up in our record. 12-win teams compete for the SB. That wasn't a SB-caliber team. NE proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. I live in New England and a lot of sports radio guys up here predicted the Bolts to win and just about every Pats fan was nervous heading into that game. I just shook my head knowing what was likely about to go down.
        The team was a lot better last year. Do you see this team going to Baltimore and winning? Playing that team close?

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This part is not true. We drove down and scored right before the half in our last 2 games with around a minute or so left. At the end of the game yesterday we drove and and should have tied it but for Benjamins hands of stone. We also would have had a first down at the Houston 7 that with 30 seconds left but that pass got wiped out by a penalty.
          key penalties are killing this team. The interception on the questionable face mask; the hold by Feeney; the hold by Scott; there were a few others.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
            Team has to go out prepared and ready to play. If they don't cut down on the stupid mistakes this game could be a loss. The Fins put up a pretty good fight against the Cowboys yesterday and have nothing to lose.
            They lost 31-6. Nice fight, fellas.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree, its a must win game..... especially since we play in AFC west with undefeated KC...... who does not look like they will lose to anyone....so we likely have already lost any chance at the division title..... some of their backups are better than some of our starters.....

MIA scored 14 points against that great NE defense in NE......... Chargers are scoring the fewest points per game we have scored since that horrible post Fouts era...... before humphries.....

and Chargers historically play horribly flat in MIA in that heat and humidity..... especially if MIA is bad and winless.......

and Chargers are historically horrible when favored.... especially by a lot.....

This season the Chargers have played without any urgency and have acted like they were content with playing bad teams really close..... when we get in red zone we either play for FG's or lose yasrdafge via sacks, badly designed plays, and more usually penalties.....

Remember the Chargers were the only team to choke and lose to a winless cleveland team...... as heavy favorites.....

Every week, the coach and Rivers always say it was close but we made a few correctable mistakes...... and its a long season.....

The above reasons are why Chargers fans are nervous about playing MIA......
              Cleveland was actually favored by a point or two in that game. I remember betting on it.

Comment

• El_Tee
                I’m No Noob
                • Sep 2019
                • Disney World, FL
                • Send PM

Ok, so we have 2 of the top 5 on this list, yet we cannot score enough TDs to beat these types of teams. Eaither that, or our defense isn't doing enough. Or "D" all of the above.

I feel like our coacching isn't evolving enough. We seem to have the same tired approach, especially on D.

677648D2-C3FC-44E4-8704-D10E0E2897BB.jpeg

Comment

• AZBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

E=Electric Chicken;n833445]Bosa and Ingram have done nothing !!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Not true, Bosa has been very good, Ingram not so much. ,

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Bosa is doing what he can and Melvin looks a little lost so far.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I'm almost afraid to see our record after 6 games knowing that we probably should have been 6-0.
                      5-1 was quite realistic with a little discipline and average coaching. It's now evident will be very lucky to be 4-2 with the current squad run by our coaching staff.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

We all know the Dolphins are tanking, but a few stats may explain why we are 16.5 pt favorites:

The Dolphins offense is 31st in the league and has scored 16 total points and is averaging 222 yards of offense per game (177 yards passing and 45 yards rushing).

The Dolphins defense is 32nd in the league and has allowed 133 total points and is allowing 499 yards against them per game (291 yards passing and 208 yards rushing).

They have the worst giveaway/takeaway ratio in the league at -6.

I expect a total beat down by us as we take out our frustrations on them. We have struggled there in years past, but this team is not one that will give us much trouble.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          We all know the Dolphins are tanking, but a few stats may explain why we are 16.5 pt favorites:

The Dolphins offense is 31st in the league and has scored 16 total points and is averaging 222 yards of offense per game (177 yards passing and 45 yards rushing).

The Dolphins defense is 32nd in the league and has allowed 133 total points and is allowing 499 yards against them per game (291 yards passing and 208 yards rushing).

They have the worst giveaway/takeaway ratio in the league at -6.

I expect a total beat down by us as we take out our frustrations on them. We have struggled there in years past, but this team is not one that will give us much trouble.
                          Wish I had your faith.

Comment

Working...
                          X