• Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post
    As a fan, I prefer the Chargers in LA and the Raiders in LV, over it being the other way around. LV is actually not far enough away for my liking; I wish they'd have flushed the terds all the way to San Antonio. But I'll take what we've got.
    I agree, I wish the Raiders (silver and black) joined the Spurs (silver and black) in San Antonio and the Chargers went to Las Vegas (or even Anaheim).

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

People complain how many opposing fans are at the soccer stadium every game. In Vegas it would be ALL opposing fans. The Raiders will see this when they move in there, every week with be 40%-50% opposing fans.
      The locals will go. It's the brokers that will clean up on ticket sales from opposing fans. If you are a Patriots fan are you spending your vacation money in the 0 degree winter to go to Cleveland? Buffalo? Or Vegas? Patriots fans will invade that city and that stadium, same with Packer fans, Bears fans, Cowboy fans, Bronco fans, Steelers fans, etc.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

As long as they fill that stadium, Mark Davis won't care, internally. He does have to worry about the other Raider owners to say in power. The Charger owners? They have no such burden in their new digs... but I think it being close to LAX they might be able to have a quick in-n-out draw for other team fans..

4X4.png
        This theory checks out

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

4X4.png
          This theory checks out
          Lol there is also In-n-out in Las Vegas and the airport is close there as well.

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

As a fan, I prefer the Chargers in LA and the Raiders in LV, over it being the other way around. LV is actually not far enough away for my liking; I wish they'd have flushed the terds all the way to San Antonio. But I'll take what we've got.
            I was kind of hoping that the Bolts went to San Antonio if they were indeed leaving. I don't have a connection to San Diego & I still don't like that they left. But I am certainly not a big city guy so I would've liked to see them stay small market.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Lol there is also In-n-out in Las Vegas and the airport is close there as well.

Was a joke, but ok, I'll keep that in mind if I go watch the LA Chargers play @ LV Terds.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Was a joke, but ok, I'll keep that in mind if I go watch the LA Chargers play @ LV Terds.
                I'm glad you caught that in-n-out thing . The location just south of Westchester is an awesome plane spotting place, if you can find parking.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  The funny thing is that it would make a huge difference to some San Diegans. The bottom line is the team would be leaving no matter where they went, yet "selling out" to LA is viewed as blasphemous by man people I know and LV would be okay. I don't quite get it - they are here or they are not.
                  Funny you say that because all of family members who are now ex-Charger fans say they could have moved to Hong Kong and they would have been able to adjust
                  just not LA
                  they're likely in the minority but they tell me that all the time.
                  I just think Vegas makes sense as a fresh start with a new city that is as unique as Vegas.
                  lacking a home crowd would be expected
                  marketing would be so easy--high stakes gambling/offensive power.
                  Raiders and Rams belong in nasty LA in bed together

edit: I just re read your post, I agree, the LA part really is the deal breaker for some, even ex die hards
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• bartman83642
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Why stop at San Antonio? Maybe the could have gone real far away and been the London Raiders.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Why stop at San Antonio? Maybe the could have gone real far away and been the London Raiders.
                      Good point.
                      Goodell should think globally.
                      Saudi Arabia Riaders?

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Vegas is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. H. Thompson (adapted)
                        :freakout:

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

So, my happy place.

Comment

Working...
                          X