Will Phillip Rivers Ever See The New Stadium Next Year?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
    Ah yes the annual Rivers thread. Careful what you wish for and when was the last time a storied franchise like the Dolphins had a QB? It can and does happen. Not saying we shouldn't start eyeing his replacement but if Phil wants to play in the new stadium he will. The only way he doesn't is if this line gets him injured.

The oline is not good and no running game and one healthy starter at WR and no TEs. He played like shit yesterday it happens.

They would have had Brees if they hadn't taken Culpepper instead, but point taken.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

What's your thought on this?

Mine... I think he will. Philip is loyal to the Chargers and wants to help them start in their new stadium. By the way, he spells his first name with one "L".
      If so, he better be willing to be team friendly.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

What's your thought on this?

Mine... I think he will. Philip is loyal to the Chargers and wants to help them start in their new stadium. By the way, he spells his first name with one "L".
        I would like 2 see Phill in the new stadium with all the starters not injured and a better o-line. Right now we are playing with half of the starters out and it looks like it also ,,, this team looks soft at the moment !! I can only hope AL doesn't loose the ship.

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Ideally, Rivers retires or the Chargers move on after this season. Then the Chargers select all OL and DL in the next draft. Name Tyrod Taylor the starting QB for next season to tank the full season locking in the #1 overall pick and select QB Trevor Lawrence in the '21 draft.

This would be the smart thing to do to ensure a quick rebuild and drafting Lawrence would bring in a lot of hype and fan support for the new stadium as well.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

This years draft is QB rich, so I would be looking for the QB of the future. Even if Rivers stays another year (and I think he does) there's too much QB talent in this years draft to pass on. I think the kid at LSU ends up being the #1 overall, but you still have guys like Herbert, Fromm and Tua (I'd pass) to consider. I don't think Rivers goes out in a soccer stadium. He's gonna play 1 year in the Temple of Kroenke.
            sigpic

Comment

• Kellyb72601
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

I think Rivers goes to Tennessee on a 2 year contract.

He'll say he doesn't want to leave but that's close to his home and he could put that roster over the top.

He's probably gonna be coming off a 5-11 type season here which will be a top 5 pick or close.

This team could put together a decent package, including Ingram, to move up in the draft and get one of the top signal callers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

He'll say he doesn't want to leave but that's close to his home and he could put that roster over the top.

He's probably gonna be coming off a 5-11 type season here which will be a top 5 pick or close.

This team could put together a decent package, including Ingram, to move up in the draft and get one of the top signal callers.
                His home is in SD.His kids are all set up in school and some in sports there. No way he leaves for Tennessee.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                  This years draft is QB rich, so I would be looking for the QB of the future. Even if Rivers stays another year (and I think he does) there's too much QB talent in this years draft to pass on. I think the kid at LSU ends up being the #1 overall, but you still have guys like Herbert, Fromm and Tua (I'd pass) to consider. I don't think Rivers goes out in a soccer stadium. He's gonna play 1 year in the Temple of Kroenke.
                  I'd pass on Herbert too.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Zero change this happens.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

His home is in SD.His kids are all set up in school and some in sports there. No way he leaves for Tennessee.
                      Agreed. He is not leaving so cal. And Rams ain't shopping.

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

I wouldn't be so sure that Rivers won't leave SoCal. He's out here all the time in the off season, maintains a house in Decatur and his family is out here and its closer to her family. He may not play for the Titans, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up out here. High school football is huge out here and if he wanted one of his boys to get exposure and play top level talent he'll come back.
                        sigpic

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

First reading the headline tag I was thinking of course Philip is coming back, it's my gut feeling that he loves the game so much and is doing so well, that he will play as long as Brady and Brees (and coach his kid on Fridays) but then I didn't consider the Chargers might not resign him to save a ton of money and it had me thinking about when the rumors were to get Mariotta. I could see TT going with Easton Stick as his Carson Wentz but I hope they remember that Rivers was 12-4 last year (should of been 13-3 due to the Broncos game) and you just don't find players like Rivers out there. I hope we get him back.

Comment

Working...
                          X