• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglyTruth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2018
    • Send PM

St Louis Chargers at least sounds better than Los Angeles Chargers. That said, I’m not sure the Chargers won’t run into the same problem again.

Like someone else on the forum mentioned befire, the Chargers need to go after that Oregon market. Move em to Portland before some other team takes advantage of it.
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

St Louis Chargers at least sounds better than Los Angeles Chargers. That said, I’m not sure the Chargers won’t run into the same problem again.

Like someone else on the forum mentioned befire, the Chargers need to go after that Oregon market. Move em to Portland before some other team takes advantage of it.
      Do people really think anyone in St Louis wants the Chargers either? That is Chief's territory now.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

you guys made 8 pages out of this? well, ok then.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts54 View Post
          Agree fully Boltjolt and chargingbolts. All the "second rung" teams in So cal go through this. Go to an Angels-Red Sox game sometime. A friend of mine has Clippers season tickets and outside of holding onto the games he wants to see, he is convinced he has never resold a ticket to someone who buys from him to see the Clippers. The Chargers are the same given their history-people want to see the NFL, NOT the Chargers. I have season tix and what has always bugged me is how the Chargers moved here without trying to entice people to come to the games but more like "we're here, we don't care if you come or not." I was at so-called Fan Appreciation day last year and what did the Chargers do? $100 parking followed by free Pizza Hut and plastic license plate frames during the tailgating. Wow, if that doesn't show appreciation, I don't know what does. I think this all goes back to what the player Michael Bennett said on that Skip Bayless-Shannon Sharpe show-only 7 or 8 teams care about winning a Super Bowl. The other 20+ do not care because they will ALWAYS make money. The Chargers are clearly one of those 20. I always wondered how the Bengals ever sold their fans on anything the last 10 years. We are the Bengals, plain and simple.
          The thing I hate most about the Chargers is that winning has never been a priority. Never. Not even an afterthought. I did see a story about Alex Spanos' dream to become a billionaire though. Well, he probably succeeded there. But I'll always remember him as a Loser.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

The St. Louis Monsantos? The way the team is playing they'd have to change the state motto from show me to I can't watch anymore.

And Oregonians love when entitled-acting Californicators move on up to their state and act they own the damned place now.
            Sounds like a plan fit for a Spanos.

Comment

• RobH
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Tokyo, Japan
              • University English Lecturer
              • Send PM

The name change would be something like the Damn, when are you ever gonna show me Chargers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

If the Chargers move again and it isn't Vegas.....like it won't be, I'm out.

They are still close to SD and being in LA took a lot for me to stick with them. I'm sure as hell not doing that as the St Louis Chargers or Portland Chargers.
                I just hope they rebrand and I'll be done with them and I'll just hope SD gets another team....which they won't.
                The City officials are too stupid to have a team.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

As a Chargers fan I wonder sometimes if it'd be better to be a miserable Browns fan, no great players (ie. LT, Gates, Rivers), never expected to do anything (we were predicted by some "experts" to go far last year and this year).. sigh

I am a huge Duke fan for NCAAB and a huge Celtics fan for NBA ... at least I've seen my team win a championship so I don't get too upset when they don't

I'm actually very excited to watch the New Orleans Pelicans this year, ie. "Duke South" with 5 Duke players on the roster, I'm more excited to watch them than I'm excited to watch the Celtics, thinking of getting the NBA league pass.

I can't do this with football for some reason, I have 1 favorite team that I live and die with and hate the other 31 teams (some a lot more than others).

I wish I could like another or not care as much. I wish I could give up on the Chargers for my own mental health but I can't, it'd be like asking me or someone to stop loving their child or pet.

I thought I'd never see my White Sox win a W.S. and when they did in 2005 I stopped caring so much, I wish the Chargers would just win one and give me peace.

The hardest part is since it's not best out of 7 like all the other major sports the best team doesn't always win and we can't even get a cheap one luckily like when we haven't won being the best due to bad luck (McCree 2006, Kaeding 2009).

Being a Chargers fan for 30 + years has been mentally and spiritually tough.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    If the Chargers move again and it isn't Vegas.....like it won't be, I'm out.

They are still close to SD and being in LA took a lot for me to stick with them. I'm sure as hell not doing that as the St Louis Chargers or Portland Chargers.
                    I just hope they rebrand and I'll be done with them and I'll just hope SD gets another team....which they won't.
                    The City officials are too stupid to have a team.
                    I could see Mexico City before St. Louis.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I could see Mexico City before St. Louis.
                      I'll also question my NFL loyalty if they put teams in Mexico and London. I am really against that, big time.

Needing teams in LA was just a money grab for TV rights. People in LA didn't even support the Raiders very well let alone the Rams.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Being a Chargers fan for 30 + years has been mentally and spiritually tough.
                        Its hard being a Charger fan. Its sad actually. -- M. Lopez

And Sunday night against the Steelers may have been one of the saddest displays ever.
                        Last edited by jamrock; 10-14-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Needing teams in LA was just a money grab for TV rights. People in LA didn't even support the Raiders very well let alone the Rams.
                          I don't think the NFL needed teams in LA. And TV rights money wasn't the reason the owners of the Rams and Chargers wanted to move. They wanted to move to LA on the theory that they could make a lot more money for themselves by selling luxury suites -- which is the revenue that doesnt have to be shared in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X