• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Chargers lack “swag”. Derwin has it. Sometimes Ingram does. Bosa occasionally. We don’t have that one guy that galvanizes the team and raises everybody’s game

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Gordon is trying to increase his reps HOPING he can perform better so he can get a bigger contract next year. Dream on.
      Classic ME Move, this isn't about the team it is about Melvin Gordon.

Melvin grossly over-valued his asking price and I don't care what his agent was telling him, it is obvious we didn't see him at more than 10 mill a year and no other team came knocking on the door trying to get him.

Melvin missed valueable time from the team and the phyical condition that can only be obtain in training camp and practice, all that bs he was doing posting him working out on instagram and what not means nothing especially for a running back, that is time missed on knowing your o-lines strenght and weakness especially with this line so his chemistry is all off with the o-line.

Melvin needs to earn his reps I am not saying don't play him, but he has done nothing that has warrant him to start or demand more carries.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        It's all about Rivers.
        He has to protect the rock and move the chains, he has to protect the rock & get to the next down if defense defeats the play, and he has to protect the rock. There will he opportunities to make plays and score. If he turns it over 2 times, it will swing the game. Chargers defense will need to get 3 turnovers back to win the battle.

While I agree that the turnovers have been a problem, I believe they are a symptom of our offensive woes, not the cause.

We are getting 2 yards per carry right now. THAT is what it's all about. No teams win when they run the ball this poorly. We can pretend that Rivers should somehow overcome the worst o-line and the worst running game in the NFL, but that just isn't the reality of the situation.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Classic ME Move, this isn't about the team it is about Melvin Gordon.

Melvin grossly over-valued his asking price and I don't care what his agent was telling him, it is obvious we didn't see him at more than 10 mill a year and no other team came knocking on the door trying to get him.

Melvin missed valueable time from the team and the phyical condition that can only be obtain in training camp and practice, all that bs he was doing posting him working out on instagram and what not means nothing especially for a running back, that is time missed on knowing your o-lines strenght and weakness especially with this line so his chemistry is all off with the o-line.

Melvin needs to earn his reps I am not saying don't play him, but he has done nothing that has warrant him to start or demand more carries.
          Yes, Melvin Gordon did a huge mistake... I partially blame his agent as well.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Clearly Gordon's holdout is turning out to be a disaster for him. He has seriously diminished his value. He has done nothing since returning to the roster, and the team was doing OK while he was holding out. But I don't necessarily think his asking for more touches is a "me" move. I think he is right. Running backs like Gordon do need a lot of touches to maintain their mojo. He knows that. The mistake that Whisenhunt and Lynn are making is they are trying to make a committee out of Ekeler and Gordon, and it's not working for either of them. Ekeler was the top 2 or 3 back in the league before Gordon started taking snaps away from him. They need to make one of these guys their primary back and ride him. I vote for Ekeler, because he didn't hold out and the was performing at a high level until Gordon started taking away snaps. (The fact Ekeler was my top fantasy producer until a few weeks is not influencing my opinion. :rofl

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Clearly Gordon's holdout is turning out to be a disaster for him. He has seriously diminished his value. He has done nothing since returning to the roster, and the team was doing OK while he was holding out. But I don't necessarily think his asking for more touches is a "me" move. I think he is right. Running backs like Gordon do need a lot of touches to maintain their mojo. He knows that. The mistake that Whisenhunt and Lynn are making is they are trying to make a committee out of Ekeler and Gordon, and it's not working for either of them. Ekeler was the top 2 or 3 back in the league before Gordon started taking snaps away from him. They need to make one of these guys their primary back and ride him. I vote for Ekeler, because he didn't hold out and the was performing at a high level until Gordon started taking away snaps. (The fact Ekeler was my top fantasy producer until a few weeks is not influencing my opinion. :rofl
              LOL Eckler was my top fantasy producer, but it is just a fact Gordon needed to work his into the starting line-up. I don't know if this is Lynn or TT say lets start Gordon to show no harsh feelings from the hold out, but he isn't in sync with the O-ooh ooh terible O-line at all.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Perhaps with Mebane and Jones banged up, we get to see some TY McGill this weekend. Pairing square and Tillery as starters on the inside scares me.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Perhaps with Mebane and Jones banged up, we get to see some TY McGill this weekend. Pairing square and Tillery as starters on the inside scares me.
                    we're desperate. get used to it.

people wanna see Ty McGill? Jason Moore? That's what it's come to.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

opcorn::rofl:
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

There is nothing to get used to. Any longtime Charger fan is quite accustomed to the next man up MO by now. It is what it is.

McGill is hopefully an upgrade over Square (who is terrible), and Moore can't be any worse than Benjamin who was a waste of space.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

There is nothing to get used to. Any longtime Charger fan is quite accustomed to the next man up MO by now.

McGill is hopefully an upgrade over Square (who is terrible), and Moore can't be any worse than Benjamin who was a waste of space.
                          Suh was available. AB84 is available

Comment

Working...
                          X