• Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

I keep seeing you mention this about Al Michaels not mentioning the Rams thing in multiple threads. You realize that Al Michaels didn’t commentate the Niners/Rams football game today right? He did the Chargers/Steelers and he was actually at the Chargers/Steelers game so why would he give two shits about the how many Niners fans were at the Rams game?

If he was commentating a Rams game in which the stadium was overwhelmed with the opposing team fans like their game today against the Niners was then sure but why would he randomly bring up fans from another game?

And the Rams played the Niners. San Francisco is in California. Fans traveling from mainly SF to LA to watch their 5-0 team isn’t the same as Steelers fans traveling from mainly Pittsburgh to see their 1-4 team play.

The Rams are already doing amazing with selling season tickets and suites and all that for their new stadium while the Chargers are the ones struggling to pull their weight despite being asked to do far less.
    I NEVER said Al should comment about the 9er's fans.

He could mention the Steelers fans once or twice but not all night as it is what it is, the Steelers are perhaps the best traveling road team in the NFL and this happens to warm weather city teams.

I doubt a lot of 9er fans made the 14 hour round trip drive for the game, there are probably a ton of transplant 9er and Steeler fans in L.A.

It's the national narrative that this only happens to the Bolts that is played out and wrong when it happens to the Rams, Jags, Cards (next year Raiders), it's just overdone.

Comment

• UglyTruth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
      To think I haven't even watched the game yet. I know it's going to be painful but I need to see for myself the problems with this team.
      Start drinking right before the opening kickoff.
      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

And the Bolts laid that turd on SNF. Where’s their pride?
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Maybe Derek Watt lost a bet to T.J. and game him the snap count! I swear the Steelers jumped offsides by a fraction of a second several times to no flags.
          I saw this too. It was always their edge rushers but they kept timing it perfectly. I agree that the Chargers idiots up front are giving away when they snap the ball.

Feeney had all this experience playing C in pre season, training camp and even some snaps last season and he still looked so damn clueless out there.

Funny, I just read an article before the game how Telesco said he is actually grooming Feeney to be the Chargers C in the longterm. I swear Telesco must want Rivers 10 kids to live without a father.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I just sort of wish we had a little more creativity. Its not easy with a stationary pocket passer who is constantly under duress. The Saints really tried to ease Brees' load with the use of Taysom. I really thought we would see a handful of Tyrod in games.

I feel like we have a lot of good parts to make a strong engine. But the mechanics dont know how to put the parts together. We are a little on the conservative end of things across the board with Lynn, Wiz and Bradley.

I just wonder if the parts could use a little more creative thinking. I wanted Shanahan when we brought in Lynn. Strong D that gets after the QB and a strong run game with good TE play. I dont know how much 12 personell they are running but the niners look stout. 12 personell and a suffocating D will win lots of games. Id trade Gordon for Howard in a heartbeat to make that happen.

I just think we may have been figured out by teams. That these coaches are now not able to adjust to teams adjusting to them. We are stuck and the engine is poorly put together.

If we end up tanking this year i may be on the Bienemy train. Doubt we get a new coach. But this is the vent thread. And i want more creativity on both sides of the ball. The youth movement in this league is real.

At the very least we have got to fix the trenches. Im sick and tired of saying it every year.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
              The worse thing I can say about this team is their lack of pride and effort is making me not care. I have been a fan since the late 70’s through all those crap teams that followed in the 80’s and on with just a few highlights. Part of me just feels like if the players and coaches don’t care why should I? I would rather be raging pissed at this point honestly but I am not.
              They certainly look like they don’t care.

Jatavis brown’s effort on Conner was horrible. The whole team giving up on the Devon bush fumble recovery was embarrassing.

the Chargers looked like the worst team in the league for 2-1/2 quarters or so.

run the hurry up offense from the jump. Get in some kind of offensive rhythm.

this is a sinking ship unless a miracle happens

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

I keep seeing you mention this about Al Michaels not mentioning the Rams thing in multiple threads. You realize that Al Michaels didn’t commentate the Niners/Rams football game today right? He did the Chargers/Steelers and he was actually at the Chargers/Steelers game so why would he give two shits about the how many Niners fans were at the Rams game?

If he was commentating a Rams game in which the stadium was overwhelmed with the opposing team fans like their game today against the Niners was then sure but why would he randomly bring up fans from another game?

And the Rams played the Niners. San Francisco is in California. Fans traveling from mainly SF to LA to watch their 5-0 team isn’t the same as Steelers fans traveling from mainly Pittsburgh to see their 1-4 team play.

The Rams are already doing amazing with selling season tickets and suites and all that for their new stadium while the Chargers are the ones struggling to pull their weight despite being asked to do far less.
                Quoted for truth. Like I said in the game day thread it was 80-90% Steeler fans. It was discouraging walking into the stadium. it’s naive to think it doesn’t effect the players

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

my venting:

O-Line is not NFL calibre

players not giving 100% effort need to be cut tomorrow.

As for new ppl joining to cause trouble, ask them what they would do to fix it eg: which coach to hire, what players to get. We all hurting after this turd performance, maybe they just need to vent too.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

I'd like to see the organization make a statement by cutting players who aren't performing. Okay, I realize we can't cut EVERYBODY but if the coaching staff really wanted to send a message to these guys, they'd cut Jatavis Brown and Travis Benjamin first thing Monday morning. If you're a defender who can't tackle or a receiver who can't catch, you're just not football players.
                    The really sad part about this is that we're not as bad as the Dolphins or Bengals so will miss out on the top pick (not that Telesco would make that count anyways)
                    Just a complete and utter mess of an organization- no leadership, no direction, severely lacking in talent, and most painful for most of us, no home.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I'm ALL for getting a new OC but like someone else said p "turnover machine" rivers may be too old to learn a new scheme. WTH was that backwards pass to mg?! UNBELIEVABLE! glad I didnt stay up in the EU to watch this turd of a game. raiders may end up being tied for 1st after next week! try to believe that! cant make ANY headway when your division loses. ARGHHHH my frustrations with this team!!!

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                        The worse thing I can say about this team is their lack of pride and effort is making me not care. I have been a fan since the late 70’s through all those crap teams that followed in the 80’s and on with just a few highlights. Part of me just feels like if the players and coaches don’t care why should I? I would rather be raging pissed at this point honestly but I am not.
                        I'm not pissed either. I've spent 40 years as a fan of futility. Maybe it's my age or maybe I've had enough & just shrug it off as this is the way it's always going to be.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                          I'd like to see the organization make a statement by cutting players who aren't performing. Okay, I realize we can't cut EVERYBODY but if the coaching staff really wanted to send a message to these guys, they'd cut Jatavis Brown and Travis Benjamin first thing Monday morning. If you're a defender who can't tackle or a receiver who can't catch, you're just not football players.
                          The really sad part about this is that we're not as bad as the Dolphins or Bengals so will miss out on the top pick (not that Telesco would make that count anyways)
                          Just a complete and utter mess of an organization- no leadership, no direction, severely lacking in talent, and most painful for most of us, no home.
                          This.

Comment

Working...
                          X