• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    One thing that is not being mentioned because we are so used to it and the team's performance is dominating the discussion: The number of opposing team fans. Al Michaels said it was 80 percent Steelers' fans. I don't remember seeing a good stadium shot showing the crowd. But if that is true, I would think the NFL has to do something. The Chargers are probably going to finish this season a bottom 10 team. Who knows if Rivers will even be back next season. The Chargers are alienating what small fan base they have in LA. The NFL can't have the Chargers in the newest, swankiest venue in the league with the stands half full, and the majority of the crowd cheering the road team. I wonder if there is going to be pressure to have the Spanoses sell the team. The league has to really regret allowing Spanos to move the team to LA. It's been a disaster.
    What will the NFL do? The Rams had a ton of Niners fans at their home game today too.

As for Tillery, he was making good progress imo. They doubled him some today and he just got blown out on a couple plays and DeCastro is also one of the better OGs in the game.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

The Al Michaels comments were way overdone, we got the joke the first 8 times Al. No mention of 80% 49er's fans in L.A. today either, it's amazing how the Rams get a free pass after jilting St. Louis (and Anaheim prior) but the Bolts don't get a pass with teams like the Jaguars and Cardinals having similar issues.

Everytime they went to a commercial break showing the food stands it seemed like more Charger fans than Steeler fans, perhaps it was a 67% 33% split?
      Based on how much cheering there was the for the Steelers and the relative lack of cheering for the Chargers, I'd say Michaels' observations were not far off.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Based on how much cheering there was the for the Steelers and the relative lack of cheering for the Chargers, I'd say Michaels' observations were not far off.
        The score may have something to do with that as well. I wasn't there, I am not sure but I'm sure it was between 51% to 75% Steeler fans as they are probably with the Cowboys the best traveling NFL team out there. I wonder what the SuperBowl Rams excuse was, 15k Steeler fans at the game and 50k 49er fans at the game yet all we hear is Chargers, Chargers, Chargers have no fans in L.A.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

The score may have something to do with that as well. I wasn't there, I am not sure but I'm sure it was between 51% to 75% Steeler fans as they are probably with the Cowboys the best traveling NFL team out there. I wonder what the SuperBowl Rams excuse was, 15k Steeler fans at the game and 50k 49er fans at the game yet all we hear is Chargers, Chargers, Chargers have no fans in L.A.
          It may be true, but it's annoying that they keep harping on it for us but not the Rams.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We certainly aren't getting anything out of this years draft. I won't bury Tillery after 6 games, but I am disappointed at the complete lack of anything from him. I'd have hoped we'd see gradual improvement and at least an occasional flash. Tonight he had zero tackles. I would have thought he didn't even play if Collinsworth hadn't called him out on that one run.
            I hate to say it but this was the knock on tillery coming out of college. He wasn’t consistently dominant and he flashed and then disappeared. He will likely flash a bit but will mostly be a non factor. Too bad we didn’t get a quality DT in fa and drafted a ot for depth if nothing else. I am happy we’re paying for the best backup QB in the league good insurance...

sorry i I just hated tts offseason and I’m still bitter. We left rivers to the wolves, even with Okung it wouldn’t be a great oline. We all know Rivers with a great oline is very very good.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I have two big issues with the OL today.

First, they screwed up their blocking assignments too many times and let untouched rushers with a clear path to the qb. That’s on coaching IMO.

Second, somebody on the OL has a tell. Watt was rushing on the snap before the OL moved way too often to be lucky guesses. He knew the snap was coming. I hadn’t seen this before so it had to be Feeney.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Oh, the intensity this team plays with is pathetic. I thought they looked defeated in the 2nd Q.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  I have two big issues with the OL today.

First, they screwed up their blocking assignments too many times and let untouched rushers with a clear path to the qb. That’s on coaching IMO.

Second, somebody on the OL has a tell. Watt was rushing on the snap before the OL moved way too often to be lucky guesses. He knew the snap was coming. I hadn’t seen this before so it had to be Feeney.
                  Maybe Derek Watt lost a bet to T.J. and game him the snap count! I swear the Steelers jumped offsides by a fraction of a second several times to no flags.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

The Al Michaels comments were way overdone, we got the joke the first 8 times Al. No mention of 80% 49er's fans in L.A. today either, it's amazing how the Rams get a free pass after jilting St. Louis (and Anaheim prior) but the Bolts don't get a pass with teams like the Jaguars and Cardinals having similar issues.

Everytime they went to a commercial break showing the food stands it seemed like more Charger fans than Steeler fans, perhaps it was a 67% 33% split?
                    I keep seeing you mention this about Al Michaels not mentioning the Rams thing in multiple threads. You realize that Al Michaels didn’t commentate the Niners/Rams football game today right? He did the Chargers/Steelers and he was actually at the Chargers/Steelers game so why would he give two shits about the how many Niners fans were at the Rams game?

If he was commentating a Rams game in which the stadium was overwhelmed with the opposing team fans like their game today against the Niners was then sure but why would he randomly bring up fans from another game?

And the Rams played the Niners. San Francisco is in California. Fans traveling from mainly SF to LA to watch their 5-0 team isn’t the same as Steelers fans traveling from mainly Pittsburgh to see their 1-4 team play.

The Rams are already doing amazing with selling season tickets and suites and all that for their new stadium while the Chargers are the ones struggling to pull their weight despite being asked to do far less.
                    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Comment

• chris9341
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

To think I haven't even watched the game yet. I know it's going to be painful but I need to see for myself the problems with this team.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Lynn is losing command

Comment

Working...
                          X