***OFFICIAL Bolts vs. Titans Game Day Thread*** (Wk 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pacstud
    Black Belt Poster
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
    The Patriots way is and always will be some of the best coaching and the best QB ever. They’ve needed both to compete.

I don’t think Lynn is the problem. I truly don’t. I think Telesco is.

And we still dont know who hired Gus and Whiz. Or keeps them around I guess I should say. Do we somehow think that their “name value” matters?

Because we had Frank Reich in the front office and didn’t think he was worth keeping.

It’s all Telesco. I’m serious. Dude can’t draft, he avoids the OL, we keep having catastrophic injuries and our coordinators undeniably suck.
    For the record, Reich was HATED by the fanbase and EVERYONE wanted his sorry ass fired. Worse than Whiz. It was fucking terrible.

Revisionism by ANYONE who is full of shit enough to lie and say they liked him/wanted him around. That's some grade A bullshit (not saying that's your claim LT, but many have been waxing nostalgic over Reich of late).

Scheme blamers, simple question: So this current roster is high level? (Hint: Answer is NO!)

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
      The Patriots way is and always will be some of the best coaching and the best QB ever. They’ve needed both to compete.

I don’t think Lynn is the problem. I truly don’t. I think Telesco is.

And we still dont know who hired Gus and Whiz. Or keeps them around I guess I should say. Do we somehow think that their “name value” matters?

Because we had Frank Reich in the front office and didn’t think he was worth keeping.

It’s all Telesco. I’m serious. Dude can’t draft, he avoids the OL, we keep having catastrophic injuries and our coordinators undeniably suck.
      Could be. He seems to be in over his head. Problem is, the Spanos spawn are in the key executive positions. I have no faith in them to make a right decision.

Comment

• pacstud
        Black Belt Poster
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Could be. He seems to be in over his head. Problem is, the Spanos spawn are in the key executive positions. I have no faith in them to make a right decision.
        TT has attempted. He hasn't ignored anything. He's just been unsuccessful.

If you clean house, you get rid of everyone and this is Rivers last year. We could be Cleveland.

So then we'll have the QB talk on top of the GM/HC talk. It'll be 2005 again!

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

If you clean house, you get rid of everyone and this is Rivers last year. We could be Cleveland.

Is the old adage, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

well, lack of success is usually the metric for firing in the NFL.

Cleveland? We're Carson now. We have a handful of fans left. I'm wondering whether I will be the only one at the Green Bay game in a 2 weeks.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

well, lack of success is usually the metric for firing in the NFL.

Cleveland? We're Carson now. We have a handful of fans left. I'm wondering whether I will be the only one at the Green Bay game in a 2 weeks.
              Dang. That place will be overrun with cheese
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

For the record, Reich was HATED by the fanbase and EVERYONE wanted his sorry ass fired. Worse than Whiz. It was fucking terrible.

Revisionism by ANYONE who is full of shit enough to lie and say they liked him/wanted him around. That's some grade A bullshit (not saying that's your claim LT, but many have been waxing nostalgic over Reich of late).

Scheme blamers, simple question: So this current roster is high level? (Hint: Answer is NO!)
                '05 was a great year...
                I remember it well...
                Warhammer was in vogue...
                Years ahead of its time...
                The genesis of modern defensive football...
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

Yes. This. So much this.

So much focus on "OL is the worst ever assembled" and "OMG rivers had sever bad passes! He's washed up " or "The DL sux so bad"

This team is good enough to be 5-2 or at least 4-3 despite injuries. Deservedly or not, that's the bottom line.

The losses were not because this team was incapable of winning, or were not ever in a position to take control of a game.

The roster is not as talented as people think. Which is why the team is 2-5.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

"Iron man Rivers", the only QB in the NFL who refuses to run the QB sneak inches from the goal line.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The roster is not as talented as people think. Which is why the team is 2-5.
                      true. but they have lost games that were in their grasp by making bone-headed mistakes. That isn't due to a lack of physical talent.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

On the CMB forums, you used to think firing Norv Turner and Mike McCoy was an overreaction as well.

Mike McCoy is currently unemployed and likely will never find another NFL job after his disastrous short run as coordinator with the Cardinals following his departure from the Chargers.
                        Lynn lsnt going to get fired. They don't have the players and every week some go on IR.

Norv and Milktoast deserved to get fired. Team had no fire under Milktoast
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-21-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

true. but they have lost games that were in their grasp by making bone-headed mistakes. That isn't due to a lack of physical talent.
                          yep. Every game we have won or lost this season (other than Miami), has been by 1 score. Even with the injuries/talent level, we have been in every game.

That was the weak part of our schedule. I am curious to see if the case will be the same when we face the strength of the schedule.

Comment

Working...
                          X