What Type of QB Do You Want The Chargers To Draft When The Time Comes?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

6’ 5” 230#, 3+ year starter, 3 years of 60%+ completetions, 2 to 1 TDs/INTs, strong arm, very mobile but not a “runner”, tough, and has performed very well with marginal team talent.

What is not to like? Other than he has gotten a bit beat up this year with that shitty Oline he has.
    At least he’ll be prepared coming in.
    He should fit right in with the Bolts O-line...

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

So if anyone watched the Ducks vs Cougs game tonight then you would see why Justin Herbert should be our future QB. He was outplayed the entire game by Gordon of Wash st but when it mattered most he marched his team right down the field to score the winning fg. That's the kind of QB we need.

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I for the life of me can't figure out why some people would want Tyrod Taylor as our future franchise QB. No, just no. Now if Rivers somehow doesn't sign an extension then he knows that the Chargers will most likely be drafting his successor in the 2020 NFL draft. The only thing I can see them doing with Tyrod Taylor is using him as a one year stop gap if they want to wait until 2021 to draft a new QB. In which case I can see us having a 2-14 or a 3-12 record. Lets be honest Tyrod Taylor is not gonna win you many games.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Um Steve Young beat us in the SB. How can we forget that?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
            I for the life of me can't figure out why some people would want Tyrod Taylor as our future franchise QB. No, just no. Now if Rivers somehow doesn't sign an extension then he knows that the Chargers will most likely be drafting his successor in the 2020 NFL draft. The only thing I can see them doing with Tyrod Taylor is using him as a one year stop gap if they want to wait until 2021 to draft a new QB. In which case I can see us having a 2-14 or a 3-12 record. Lets be honest Tyrod Taylor is not gonna win you many games.
            Unfortunately we dont have smart fans. But its typical in all forums. The Stick hype for some posters here reminds of Broncos fans thinking Chad Kelly was going to be their franchise guy and kept wanting him to get put in games and were furious when he wasnt lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

So if anyone watched the Ducks vs Cougs game tonight then you would see why Justin Herbert should be our future QB. He was outplayed the entire game by Gordon of Wash st but when it mattered most he marched his team right down the field to score the winning fg. That's the kind of QB we need.
              He didnt play that great a game. Its Pac 12 football and he didnt shine against Wash st but yes, they won.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                He didnt play that great a game. Its Pac 12 football and he didnt shine against Wash st but yes, they won.

It's not always how you start it's how you finish. I just believe that Herbert can make throws that other players can to only difference is Herbert connects on his. If Herbert had a top notch wr he would be even better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

It's not always how you start it's how you finish. I just believe that Herbert can make throws that other players can to only difference is Herbert connects on his. If Herbert had a top notch wr he would be even better.
                  OK. Not saying he sux. Just think he isnt the best in the draft. Herbert needs a lot of work still but they all do. Just think Burrow has more upside. Whoever we draft, sitting will be good for them.

We will have to trade up for either depending on where we finish....even if its top 10.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                    East Coast Chargers Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                    • Send PM

My vote is for Trevor Lawrence and my homer pick Sean Clifford

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
                      My vote is for Trevor Lawrence and my homer pick Sean Clifford
                      Lawrence isnt available for the draft in 2020. Of course they can wait till 2021 but if we drafting top 10 or close, its best to get one in the next draft and not spend draft picks to move up if we dont have to.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

I definitely want a QB with mobility.
                        That is a far cry from a "running quarterback."
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Joy Division
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I want one that has all day to throw back there (yes, like Brady).

28 of 32 starting NFL quarterbacks can find an open receiver and deliver
                          with that kind of time.

So yeah, get a stud o-line and start Easton Stick for all I care.

Comment

Working...
                          X