What Type of QB Do You Want The Chargers To Draft When The Time Comes?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

RG3?? That's a terrible comparison, Tua isn't half the athlete RG3 was and doesn't seem to make routine mistakes like RG3. You say Tua's talented teammates are boosting him but don't mention that no Alabama QB is doing what he does. Saban has never opened a playbook like he has for Tua. Alabama had QBs who threw to Julio Jones and Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley and none of them looked like Tua.

The Biggest issue I have with Tua is his health concerns and if he can stay healthy for 16 game schedule
    Good takes. IMV Tua has enough mobility + he has mid range accuracy. He must learn to play in a manner that will not get himself killed at the. NFL level. The accuracy is a huge positive.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Sounds like you're comparing the RGIII the Pro to Tua the college QB. Coming out of college their skills sets are very similar. To say Saban has never opened the playbook for another QB is just wrong. He opened it plenty for AJ McCarron, but his skill set was different. Jalen Hurts ram the same play book that Tua is running now, but he couldn't throw and had to depend on his legs. Thats why he lost his starting job. The records that Tua is currently breaking, are AJ McCarrons! Tua is only the 2nd QB with this skill set that Saban has ever had, the first was Hurts, and thats why he "looks" different.

Oh, and I'll bet a paycheck Tua don't weigh 218 as listed. Bet its closer to 200 even. The combine will tell...if he goes. My money says he won't and risk being exposed.
      sigpic

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not impressed with him from what I’ve seen. He really yanked in the 4th quarter last night against SC. He had Philip Lindsey and now that receiver #2. 2 of the best weapons around.

my son goes to Boulder and hates him.
        was gonna volunteer pretty much the same thing.... how much is he propped up by his supporting cast of Lindsay 'n now Laviska ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
          I cant believe no one on page 1 mentioned Steve Young as a lefty who won a super bowl! But Kellyb72601...nice analysis. Give that to the FO and tell little johnny to look it over in-depth lol.
          Kellyb.... any thoughts on Eason, or anyone else for that matter that might be Charger compatible ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

I'm of the opinion that they are hoping that guy is Easton Stick.

If this season tanks, and we are picking in the top 10... maybe they gamble on a guy they can get high.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Someone like this:

https://twitter.com/Judson1360/statu...82538150768640

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Somehow I think Tua with an Andy Reid style coach would put up lots of points.

But Tua with a Jeff Fisher style of coach would struggle.

If Chargers go get Bieniemy from Chiefs in off season and make him assistant HC and OC.....then let him tell them which QB he likes best.
                I will be fine with Eric choosing the QB. Just think he will get the guy who can do what he wants done.
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

My point is simply that there is hype on both trains.
                  only one has ran a bit longer.
                  I don’t think anyone can objectively look at Tua and definitely opine that he is the next RG3 especially without knowing what system or team they’ll land in.

if you have accuracy, you have a chance to succeed as a pro imo.
                  and you can see accuracy even throwing to Jerry Juedy.
                  Tebow was accurate in college....till he had to fit balls into windows in the NFL against better DBs. Those windows are french doors for Tua. Just my opinion. I see his WRs wide open a lot and Alabama has played NOBODY this year and won't til they play LSU in 2 weeks

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tebow was accurate in college....till he had to fit balls into windows in the NFL against better DBs. Those windows are french doors for Tua. Just my opinion. I see his WRs wide open a lot and Alabama has played NOBODY this year and won't til they play LSU in 2 weeks
                    I see that a lot too, and I think, it stems from Tua running around behind the line buying time. Eventually someone will come open. I'll give him credit for keeping his head up and downfield during his scrambles. I'm starting to think he's more accurate on the move, than with his feet set in the pocket. That LSU matchup is in Tuscaloosa and its not going to be a cake walk like Bama's schedule has been so far this year.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tebow wasn't never seen a #1 pick. Tua may BUST but its false to say he and Tua are the same as prospects.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Tebow wasn't never seen a #1 pick. Tua may BUST but its false to say he and Tua are the same as prospects.
                        I didn't say they were the same as prospects.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

They won't need one:

Tom Brady to Chargers in 2020

Comment

Working...
                          X