• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BayAreaBoltz
    Chargers Hall of Fame
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Super happy about this.

But, without a known replacement at this moment, uncertain if it helps us in any way this season.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Rivers was seen livid on the sideline during the game. I dont know who he was pissed at. I thought Allen at first. But the last tie Rivers unloaded was on Lynn a couple years ago. And then he went on a rampage. He was literally calling plays at the line. The way we have looked on offense i wonder if they were trying to take more control of Rivers. Ive always felt that he should be running his own plays. An OC can help script but really there is no better diagnostician on the field than PR.

Here is what will happen....Rivers is going to retire and take over OC.
      Great observation. This coaching staff has definitely held us back by not allowing our HOF QB to do what he does best. I assumed it was Lynn, but now I really hope Whiz was the problem. Imagine if Philip starts commanding the offense for the entire game like he does in the no-huddle...and then what if Derwin comes back?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        I've read nothing on who will calls plays either. Seems to me, Pat Meyer, currently the Offensive Line Coach and Run Game Coordinator for the Los Angeles Chargers seems best bet.
        He sucks as an OL coach. Maybe he can call plays better and we get a better OL coach

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Trade Gordon next! Drop the hammer Telesco and save your job.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
            Ok if Gordon gets traded then we’ll know Telesco’s nuts have dropped. Come on Tom trade his ass.
            A man can dream.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The Los Angeles Chargers today announced that Ken Whisenhunt has been relieved from his duties as offensive coordinator.

“This is not an easy decision and definitely not one that I take lightly,” said Head Coach Anthony Lynn. “You win as a team, and you lose as a team. It’s never about just one person. At the end of the day, however, I simply felt a change was needed at this time. I want to thank Ken for his years of service to the Chargers organization and wish him nothing but the best moving forward.”

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                The Los Angeles Chargers today announced that Ken Whisenhunt has been relieved from his duties as offensive coordinator.

“This is not an easy decision and definitely not one that I take lightly,” said Head Coach Anthony Lynn. “You win as a team, and you lose as a team. It’s never about just one person. At the end of the day, however, I simply felt a change was needed at this time. I want to thank Ken for his years of service to the Chargers organization and wish him nothing but the best moving forward.”

Damn it was Lynn’s call. Fuck Gordon probably gets more fuckin carries now. :facepalm1:

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Lynn trying to save his ass.

rivers is the new OC.

gus you’re next buddy
                  first thing I thought about Lynn. Gus, no, because points allowed are good.

Would love to know what PR thinks of this move or if they conferred with him prior to making the decision.

Or is PR next on the chopping block?

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Rivers was seen livid on the sideline during the game. I dont know who he was pissed at. I thought Allen at first. But the last tie Rivers unloaded was on Lynn a couple years ago. And then he went on a rampage. He was literally calling plays at the line. The way we have looked on offense i wonder if they were trying to take more control of Rivers. Ive always felt that he should be running his own plays. An OC can help script but really there is no better diagnostician on the field than PR.

Here is what will happen....Rivers is going to retire and take over OC.
                    PR was mad they didn't call PI or contact beyond 5 yards when KA fell down. I think Lynn was trying to corral PR to prevent a penalty.

But tuff to know ....

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

I dont see how this helps us now. If Lynn hadn't taken over playcalling duties before this firing than he is being a idiot. Why wait so long?

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I’m glad even without knowing who the replacement is simply because I agree with the premise, a significant change had to be made.
                        I posted earlier how I wish we would give PR the “Peyton Manning OC/QB position “
                        tonight, I have hope.
                        these are pivotal decisions that can steer an entire season and franchise around.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                          I dont see how this helps us now. If Lynn hadn't taken over playcalling duties before this firing than he is being a idiot. Why wait so long?
                          Because Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                          X