• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PMR9FAN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

So is Lynn going to call all the first down running plays now?

i always thought Lynn was the problem with his run-first approach.

Whiz coached Warner to the Super Bowl, and not by running the ball.

Lynn might have fired the wrong guy. Maybe should look in the mirror.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

first thing I thought about Lynn. Gus, no, because points allowed are good.

Would love to know what PR thinks of this move or if they conferred with him prior to making the decision.

Or is PR next on the chopping block?
        Total points allowed is good for our defense, but it's been fool's gold so far. We are near the bottom of the league in points per possession allowed. Our extremely slow style of play skews a lot of statistics.

And yeah, I sure hope this wasn't Lynn going rogue to save face. I guess we'll find out if the terrible offensive game plans were Whiz or Lynn come Sunday. Hope to god I'm wrong about Lynn and Whiz was really the one holding us back.

Comment

• El_Tee
          I’m No Noob
          • Sep 2019
          • Disney World, FL
          • Send PM

Look, we can afford 1-2 more losses TOPS.

If you think Whiz was going to get us there, then I respectfully disagree.

If we are going to go all in with Rivers, then FFS please go ALL IN with Rivers and let Philip do the most Phlippy of Philip things.

Let’s either step up, start to score some fucking points and make a run and knock off the scared, unaccountable bullshit or let’s all go down in flames and drown with the ship.

I’m grabbing my life vest. And my popcorn. GO BOLTS!!

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            I dont see how this helps us now. If Lynn hadn't taken over playcalling duties before this firing than he is being a idiot. Why wait so long?
            It certainly smells like Lynn throwing Whiz under the bus to save his own ass. But I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post

If we are going to go all in with Rivers, then FFS please go ALL IN with Rivers and let Philip do the most Phlippy of Philip things.

Let’s either step up, start to score some fucking points and make a run and knock off the scared, unaccountable bullshit or let’s all go down in flames and drown with the ship.

I like it. All in.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

first thing I thought about Lynn. Gus, no, because points allowed are good.

Would love to know what PR thinks of this move or if they conferred with him prior to making the decision.

Or is PR next on the chopping block?
                I assume lynn will promote the OL coach or his RB coach...... get ready to run even more......

The reasons our bad defense has given up so few points is not because we are good, its because:
                • Lynn spends all game running out the clock (using all 45 seconds and running or dumping off to backs as often as possible) so number of possessions for both teams is really low
                • teams know Chargers slow conservative low scoring offense will not put up very many ;points so no need to taking any risks....
                • Since teams can run at will on us, there is no reason to pass the ball, so offenses move the ball, slowly in us and run out the clock.... keeping total score down.....
                • weak schedule.... Chargers have been playing alot of bad or struggling teams and zero great QB's so far.... and even 2nd and 3rd string QBs who beat us......

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

I thought they would wait until off season to replace Whiz.

But I take this as a sign they think get back into contention.

And if they had beat Texans, I think at 4-4 they would be the 6th seed if playoff started today.

Lynn is trying to spark the offense.
                  I dont blame him.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I have very mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I thought our offense was stale, the play calling was predictable, and when you rush for less than 40 yards per game in 4 straight games (hasn't happened since 1946) than something needs to give. But, given the sad state of our offensive line and the likelihood that Lynn is going to call the plays, I expect even less creativity and a stubborn insistence on trying to run even more, even when it isn't working. How often do desperate, mid-season changes actually work out?

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post

Agree!....... lets go all in on Rivers...... while we are doing that, pleas trade Gordon and acquire Trent Williams..... move Okung too RT........ and aquire a run stuffing DT.......

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        I thought they would wait until off season to replace Whiz.

But I take this as a sign they think get back into contention.

And if they had beat Texans, I think at 4-4 they would be the 6th seed if playoff started today.

Lynn is trying to spark the offense.
                        I dont blame him.

our defense has been horrible but our offense has been even worse......

Comment

• Chargers33
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Offensive rankings (pts per game) last 3 years 2016-2018 were 9th,6th,13th - this year 23rd. Is that Wiz, or the dreadful O -line? Or are we saying he is part of that problem as well...?

Comment

Working...
                          X