• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

I've seen other odds that have the chargers in a better position.... but even looking at these odds, they are the same as the Bills, Texans and Titans.. how's that? the chargers simply suck and have too many free agents...
    yeah dont understand that. Those teams would roll all over the bolts. and how is it that Seattle has lower odds than the "all over the place" cowgirls? Did Seattle have a mass exodus of players this offseason?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I've seen other odds that have the chargers in a better position.... but even looking at these odds, they are the same as the Bills, Texans and Titans.. how's that? the chargers simply suck and have too many free agents...
      Not everyone thinks the roster is utterly devoid of talent, the coaching staff all suck and the front office is incompetent. Remember, it was less than a year ago we were coming off a 12-4 season with a playoff win and people thought we had one of the deepest rosters in the entire league. We were looked at as a team that would go deep into the playoffs. Everything that could have gone wrong did, but the core is not nearly as bad as the over-reacting fans here tend to think it is and clearly Vegas sees this.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not everyone thinks the roster is utterly devoid of talent, the coaching staff all suck and the front office is incompetent. Remember, it was less than a year ago we were coming off a 12-4 season with a playoff win and people thought we had one of the deepest rosters in the entire league. We were looked at as a team that would go deep into the playoffs. Everything that could have gone wrong did, but the core is not nearly as bad as the over-reacting fans here tend to think it is and clearly Vegas sees this.
        I recall Vegas had LAC alot higher before last season, its not like they are Nostradamus over there. Vegas normally sets odd based on their expectation of how much money they can pull to the offered odds so a better question is who are all these people willing to bet their next Denny's combo on LAC SB 21?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I recall Vegas had LAC alot higher before last season, its not like they are Nostradamus over there. Vegas normally sets odd based on their expectation of how much money they can pull to the offered odds so a better question is who are all these people willing to bet their next Denny's combo on LAC SB 21?
          Understand all that, but did anyone here really see a 5-11 disaster coming this past season after what we did in 2018? There was a reasonable expectation that we would be a good team last year. Clearly it didn't happen for a lot of reasons. Depending on what the QB situation ends up, it is not unreasonable to think we can bounce back this year.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

But this time we dont have RB, QB, TE, OL, DL, LB.... and missing links in CB and WR.... I think its a little different this year.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

But this time we dont have RB, QB, TE, OL, DL, LB.... and missing links in CB and WR.... I think its a little different this year.
              All those players haven’t left yet, we have a healthy cap amount and high draft picks to fill those holes. Let’s see how that plays out before throwing in the towel!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Understand all that, but did anyone here really see a 5-11 disaster coming this past season after what we did in 2018? There was a reasonable expectation that we would be a good team last year. Clearly it didn't happen for a lot of reasons. Depending on what the QB situation ends up, it is not unreasonable to think we can bounce back this year.
                I don't konw why they are picked that high right now either, i apologize for lack of clarity. I just discount Vegas February prognostications, nothing more.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

All those players haven’t left yet, we have a healthy cap amount and high draft picks to fill those holes. Let’s see how that plays out before throwing in the towel!
                  Yes, we can go 5-11 with just about anyone in the backfield. We don't need Rivers with a crappy oline and this is not a slight on Rivers. It's just why spend big bucks on a qb when we need to sign players like Bosa who may play for 5+ years and rivers is done after 2.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yes, we can go 5-11 with just about anyone in the backfield. We don't need Rivers with a crappy oline and this is not a slight on Rivers. It's just why spend big bucks on a qb when we need to sign players like Bosa who may play for 5+ years and rivers is done after 2.
                    The only reason I think Rivers may be done after 2 seasons is his wanting to coach his kid .. but his kid will be playing on Fridays and he can coach him on Friday and still play on Sunday.
                    Otherwise I think it is foolish to think that Rivers can't play at age 38 as well as he did when he was 36 with the smarts he has. Also at age 39, 40, 41 the way Brees and Brady have.
                    In my perfect world Chargers give him a 5 year contract, draft OL and DL, get free agent OL and DL and get back to the winning ways of 2018 with Rivers, JJ, EK, Allen, resign HH, stay healthy, good D, lucky bounces, calls go our way, end up 19-0 per year for the next 5-6 years!:beer:

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

The only reason I think Rivers may be done after 2 seasons is his wanting to coach his kid .. but his kid will be playing on Fridays and he can coach him on Friday and still play on Sunday.
                      Otherwise I think it is foolish to think that Rivers can't play at age 38 as well as he did when he was 36 with the smarts he has. Also at age 39, 40, 41 the way Brees and Brady have.
                      In my perfect world Chargers give him a 5 year contract, draft OL and DL, get free agent OL and DL and get back to the winning ways of 2018 with Rivers, JJ, EK, Allen, resign HH, stay healthy, good D, lucky bounces, calls go our way, end up 19-0 per year for the next 5-6 years!:beer:
                      I think it's all about signing the young superstar players to build a future around and then what left over is what they can offer him (If still available). If he's not available I don't think they're going to lose any sleep over it!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2019
                        • Send PM

Can you imagine Lynn and Brady? Yeah me neither.

Comment

• ChargerBuckeye
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
                          Can you imagine Lynn and Brady? Yeah me neither.
                          I can imagine Brady and Ekeler. Thats like James White on Steroids but Ekeler ain't roiding. The greats know how to make anything work

Comment

Working...
                          X