• Show
Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

:lol::lol::lol: We would be the first team in NFL history to move on from an old QB to an ancient QB. How embarrassing would that be.

Comment

• RollingThunder
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

This.

Bellicheck > Brady

Cassel 10-5 as starter
      Garappalo 2-0 as starter

Brady without Belly would have zero rings

Belly without Brady at least one due to cheating.

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

55 losses and 41 wins as a head coach in 5 seasons pre-Brady. Losing seasons in 4 of 5 years including the season before Brady arrived.

FACTS, they like to get in the way sometimes.

"During the AFC Divisional Playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts on January 13, 2008, Billy Volek replaced the injured Philip Rivers and led a fourth-quarter comeback over the defending champions."

Volek=more clutch than Rivers?

How is everyone feeling about the Brady vs. Belichik debate now?

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Tampa Bay is absolutely loaded around 'Brady. A qb couldn't be put in a better situation.
        New England lost a ton of players this offseason, and then 4 - 5 starters bailed out due to covid.
        The last Patriot Super Bowl winner wasn't all that talented in the first place.

Belichick has already proven that he can win without Brady: 11 - 5 in 2008

Bad timing for the evil genius.

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Tampa Bay is absolutely loaded around 'Brady. A qb couldn't be put in a better situation.
          New England lost a ton of players this offseason, and then 4 - 5 starters bailed out due to covid.
          The last Patriot Super Bowl winner wasn't all that talented in the first place.

Belichick has already proven that he can win without Brady: 11 - 5 in 2008

Bad timing for the evil genius.

Tampa bay Record 2018, 2019 = 5-11 and 7-9.

New England Record 2018, 2019 = 11-5, 12-4

Now all of a sudden Tampa Bay is loaded and New England is depleted. Quite a turn around in 1 year for both teams.

I wonder why the Bucs couldn't do anything with all that talent the last couple of years and all of a sudden NE is crap after going 12-4.

You make it seem like it's Kevin Durant going to an already stacked and all time great Warriors team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Winston threw 30 INTs lol.

Comment

• RollingThunder
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Winston threw 30 INTs lol.
              That's exactly the point. You need a good QB in this league to win consistently. Belichik got 20 years of one of the best ever and is glorified for it when it was really his QB that was one of the biggest catalysts for him.

According to most in this thread, Brady was done and had a weak arm.

Belichik also did squat with a pretty good Drew Bledsoe(who by the way, reminds me most of Rivers).

Comment

• Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Brady is overrated. At least he kept track of what down it was yesterday. He certainly did not look like the best QB on the field when the Bucs played against the Chargers.

He has been in decline for the past couple of seasons. The AFC East was weak for many seasons during Brady's time, which frequently allowed the Patriots to get a first round bye. The Patriots never reached a Super Bowl without a first round bye in Brady's time in New England.

Brady's current team is loaded--multiple good WRs, TEs, RBs, etc. His HC and defense are good as well. That certainly makes it easier for Brady.

Belichick is one of the best HCs of all time. His team is short on talent and several good players have opted out this season. Newton is not the right QB for what the Patriots have done over the years. Those things are likely to get fixed during the next offseason.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Brady is overrated. At least he kept track of what down it was yesterday. He certainly did not look like the best QB on the field when the Bucs played against the Chargers.

He has been in decline for the past couple of seasons. The AFC East was weak for many seasons during Brady's time, which frequently allowed the Patriots to get a first round bye. The Patriots never reached a Super Bowl without a first round bye in Brady's time in New England.

Brady's current team is loaded--multiple good WRs, TEs, RBs, etc. His HC and defense are good as well. That certainly makes it easier for Brady.

Belichick is one of the best HCs of all time. His team is short on talent and several good players have opted out this season. Newton is not the right QB for what the Patriots have done over the years. Those things are likely to get fixed during the next offseason.
                  Billy boy is also the GM.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

That's exactly the point. You need a good QB in this league to win consistently. Belichik got 20 years of one of the best ever and is glorified for it when it was really his QB that was one of the biggest catalysts for him.

Belichik also did squat with a pretty good Drew Bledsoe(who by the way, reminds me most of Rivers).
                    Winston was also sacked 47 times last year so im not sure what they did to their OL in the offseason but 47 sacks is a lot.

The Patriots havent had anything to speak of at WR for a couple years now....not counting this year. Brady hasnt had the type of playmakers he has now for a while. Sure he had Gronk but he didnt last year and he had Edelman but Edelman has missed games the past couple seasons with Brady. Hey id still take Bellichick as our HC in a heartbeat over Lynn.

Bledsoe wasnt as good as Rivers and id say he wasnt even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Drew Bledsoe is nothing like Rivers. That is a really bad comparison, other than both being 6' 5" white guys. Bledsoe had a stronger arm, but was nowhere near as accurate as Rivers. Statistically, Rivers is far better than Bledsoe ever was.

Bledsoe completed 57.2% of his passes for 44,611 yards, had 251 TDs and 206 INTs, had a career YPA of 6.6, and has a career QB rating of 77.1

Rivers has completed 64.8% of his passes for 60,869 yards, has 404 TDs and 204 INTs, has a career YPA of 7.7, and gas a career QB rating of 95.0.

Your comparison is like me saying that Jeff George reminds me of Tom Brady. The comparison does not fit outside of superficial size and skin color traits.

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Billy boy is also the GM.
                        I stated that Belichick is a great HC and did not comment on him as a GM.

As a GM, I would give him more of a mixed review. His drafting ability is pretty mediocre, but his draft strategy is solid (trades back a lot to acquire extra picks understanding that all GMs miss on picks) and his approach to letting free agents walk for compensatory picks has been useful at times. The Patriots do a good job in most cases of bringing in cheap and useful free agents and in picking up players for low draft pick value. I would say he is solid to pretty good as a GM, but great as a head caoch.

I think Newton is a horrible fit for the McDaniels' short, quick pasing offense, though, which does not allow them to get full value out of Edelman (turning a 100 catch WR into a guy on pace for about half of that).

And it is not Belichick's fault that some of the starters have opted out this year.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Patriots havent had anything to speak of at WR for a couple years now....not counting this year. Brady hasnt had the type of playmakers he has now for a while. Sure he had Gronk but he didnt last year and he had Edelman but Edelman has missed games the past couple seasons with Brady.

Yet the Pats still finished 12-4 with Brady as opposed to the trainwreck this year. Thank you for highlighting my point further.

We agree in that Belichik is better than Lynn and I never said Bledsoe was better than Rivers, I said they remind me of each other in terms of style and athleticism as well as the quick fall off towards the end of their careers.

If I had to describe Rivers, I'd say a hybrid of Bledsoe, a little bit of Marino and some Bernie Kosar.

Comment

Working...
                          X