• Send PM

Can the student become the master?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
        I'm not condemning them at all in fact I think it's probably an upgrade. I just think Philip Rivers never really wanted to play for any coach other then Norv and has never wanted to run any system other than Norvs. This move eliminates Wisenhunt and brings 2 Norv disciples together to go back 100% Norval. The following are things I've learned from piecing together bits & pieces of interviews over the years:

1. When Norv was fired and McCoy & Reich brought in they all got together during the offseason with Rivers and created an offense. Rivers was a big contributor into the offense with regards to both scheme & terminology. Rivers knows as much offense as any OC in the league, probably more than most.

2. When Lynn was initially brought in '17 the offense initially struggled until he got his hands out of the offense and gave up more control to Wisenhunt & Rivers.

3. Steichen was also brought in as QB coach in '17. Every week for the last 3 years Steichen has met with Lynn and gone over the passing scheme for that week. In fact in the Tenn game last year the first offensive play was an ~80 yd TD to Tyrell Williams. Lynn said Steichen predicted that play during that meeting and knew it would be a TD.

4. Lynn eventually planned on moving Steichen up to OC anyway. Evidently he really likes Steichen. The struggling offense just gives him a convenient excuse to make the move now. Who knows how much of this was related to Rivers not being on board with what Wisenhunt wanted to do offensively? I imagine that had at least something to do with it.

5. With Wisenhunt out of the picture you bring 2 Norv disciples together with no outside interference. Steichen said he talks to Norv on the phone every day. Rivers learned from Norv & never wanted him gone.

To me that all adds up to Norv may as well still be coaching the football team.
        All reasonable until the end. Norv wasn’t a good HC whatever his talents are as an OC

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Can the student become the master?
          Exactly. As long as the master stays OC and not HC as you mentioned in your reply.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
            lol, well Topcat you get your wish!
            Yep...let's see what the kid can do!

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              I'm not condemning them at all in fact I think it's probably an upgrade. I just think Philip Rivers never really wanted to play for any coach other then Norv and has never wanted to run any system other than Norvs. This move eliminates Wisenhunt and brings 2 Norv disciples together to go back 100% Norval. The following are things I've learned from piecing together bits & pieces of interviews over the years:

1. When Norv was fired and McCoy & Reich brought in they all got together during the offseason with Rivers and created an offense. Rivers was a big contributor into the offense with regards to both scheme & terminology. Rivers knows as much offense as any OC in the league, probably more than most.

2. When Lynn was initially brought in '17 the offense initially struggled until he got his hands out of the offense and gave up more control to Wisenhunt & Rivers.

3. Steichen was also brought in as QB coach in '17. Every week for the last 3 years Steichen has met with Lynn and gone over the passing scheme for that week. In fact in the Tenn game last year the first offensive play was an ~80 yd TD to Tyrell Williams. Lynn said Steichen predicted that play during that meeting and knew it would be a TD.

4. Lynn eventually planned on moving Steichen up to OC anyway. Evidently he really likes Steichen. The struggling offense just gives him a convenient excuse to make the move now. Who knows how much of this was related to Rivers not being on board with what Wisenhunt wanted to do offensively? I imagine that had at least something to do with it.

5. With Wisenhunt out of the picture you bring 2 Norv disciples together with no outside interference. Steichen said he talks to Norv on the phone every day. Rivers learned from Norv & never wanted him gone.

To me that all adds up to Norv may as well still be coaching the football team.
              But...wasn't it Norv who ALSO mindlessly kept sending our RB's up the gut for nada...especially on first downs?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Fire his ass.
                Gimme a Kyle Shanahan disciple.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

After watching Shane's presser, I am all on board.

High energy, articulate, and, best of all says "shoot" just like PhillyRiv.

In fact, he uses a lot of the same expressions and mannerisms as PR. "Let's just go." Those two are peas in a pod.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post
                    After watching Shane's presser, I am all on board.

High energy, articulate, and, best of all says "shoot" just like PhillyRiv.

In fact, he uses a lot of the same expressions and mannerisms as PR. "Let's just go." Those two are peas in a pod.
                    All Shane needs now are 9 kids and a bolo tie...

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Let's give the new arrangement at least one game to show what it can or cannot do before we start the condemning, shall we?
                      You asked me last week before Whiz was let go....whats the problem and whats the fix......

I said, I don't know maybe Rivers no preseason action, the Gordon Holdout and some Chemistry issues and oline injuries.....but they need to get into a rythym.
                      Rivers, Allen, Henry, Ekeler, Williams, Gordon. They need to protect the rock and get into a rythym.

The new OC talked about getting into a rhythm.
                      I think Lynn mention rythym too.

It is normal coach speak to talk about flow balance and rythym. But its a real thing. The Chargers have not had any rythym to their offense this season and I think the results are missed blocks, poor running behind good blocks, misses passes and drops and turnovers.

Hopefully they find that rythym under the new young OC.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

The only shot LAC has at any kind of a playoff run here
                        is to get smoking hot on offense.

Use our weapons !
                        Any way we can !
                        KA. EK. JJ. MW. HH...

Increase scoring offense.
                        No more Red Zone inadequacies.

It's really that simple.

On defense...sacks...lots of sacks.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          The only shot LAC has at any kind of a playoff run here
                          is to get smoking hot on offense.

Use our weapons !
                          Any way we can !
                          KA. EK. JJ. MW. HH...

Increase scoring offense.
                          No more Red Zone inadequacies.

It's really that simple.

On defense...sacks...lots of sacks.
                          Agreed. Offense needs to score regularly cuz this defense cannot get off the field.

Go uptempo.

On defense I hope firing whiz lights a fire under Bradley. The guy needs to change things up on defense asap.

Comment

Working...
                          X