• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Differences in Stitch offense vs. Whiz O:

1. More uptempo--several times Rivers got off a quick snap--something that rarely happened under Whiz--it makes me wonder if Stitch is getting the plays sent in a lot quicker than Whiz

2. More quick, short passes to RB's in flats. Very effective. I didn't see one single swing pass behind the LOS which I felt was getting to be too easy for opposing D's to defend for a TFL

3. Blocking was better--I wonder if Stitch simplified blocking assignments to make things more clear--all I know is it worked

4. Less long passes in obvious passing downs. Yes, there was that long completion to Mike Will--but that was on a running down--totally caught GB by surprise. So, most of our passes were short with nice YAC...a few mid-range throws, but not too many. Short passes reduce the possibility of a sack with our O-line still allowing some pressure and a couple of sacks. At least the pass rush was mitigated quite a bit by those short passes. I've been saying for WEEKS we need to go more short passes, and Stitch did a LOT better job of this than Whiz.

Great game planning!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Philip Rivers' offense won the time of possession battle 36-24

This might have been the best game plan ive seen from us in some time. Other than the Ravens PO game last year.
      I would say that eight and a half minute drive to start the game
      was the turning point of our season.

Anything but a missed Figgie there.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        In a couple of weeks, teams will start to have an idea about Steichen's tendencies. Then will have an idea of how to defend him.

As far as being "aggressive" I have no idea what that means. I hear a lot of people say NE is an aggressive D, yet their scheme is the most boring bend but don't break, play solid fundamentals and just play the situations D there is. It is not an aggressive scheme, yet people keep calling it that. Plus, every coach says they want an aggressive attacking.......... we've all heard it before, yet when it comes time to play the games, you have no idea.

Today we looked aggressive because we were able to execute at a higher level than GB did. We did it across the board. We just out played them, which when you come down to it is what people "really" mean by being aggressive.
        After Green Bay got a field goal to make it 19-3, the Chargers first play was the deep shot to MW. That’s an aggressive call.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I would say that eight and a half minute drive to start the game
          was the turning point of our season.

Anything but a missed Figgie there.
          That was impressive. Backed up in our own end to start the game. Green Bay dans were loud. No panic, just execution.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

The Chargers went with what Ekeler called a “half huddle” to increase tempo. They had a pretty even split with Gordon and Ekeler. JJ even got a few plays. Ekeler said they simplified the run game and ran 4-5 different run plays all game. They executed. All those things added up to “rhythm and flow”

Comment

• PMR9FAN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Shane is young, high energy, smart, articulate and on the same page as his HOF quarterback. Stale farts Whiz was declining in those areas while Shane is rising.

Lynn does some dumb things but he does have his finger on the pulse of this team and knows talent when he sees it.

Playoffs or not, if they keep playing like this, Lynn keeps his job, Shane gets the interim status removed and PhillyRiv gets a nice new contract.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                The Chargers went with what Ekeler called a “half huddle” to increase tempo. They had a pretty even split with Gordon and Ekeler. JJ even got a few plays. Ekeler said they simplified the run game and ran 4-5 different run plays all game. They executed. All those things added up to “rhythm and flow”
                And the Packers D never adjusted. Bizarre.

Comment

• Packfan19
                  Registered Packer Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Did we have many fans at the game out there? I heard it would be like a home game for us.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Packfan19 View Post
                    Did we have many fans at the game out there? I heard it would be like a home game for us.
                    LOL. 75-80% packers fans

Comment

• Packfan19
                      Registered Packer Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

LOL. 75-80% packers fans

Comment

• Packfan19
                        Registered Packer Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Tough loss for us. We have SF coming up out there. Can you say Ouch.

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

I think Deano did something.. that's what I think it happened, to be honest. Finally.

Comment

Working...
                          X