Who Takes The Credit For Our Offense Today?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Nice combination of:

1. More uptempo with ball snapped quicker than usual many times
    2. Looked to me that Streichen dialed up more quick slants and dump-off passes, which really helped extend drives
    3. Our O-line looked a lot less confused on blocking assignments than before. Wonder if Pat Meyer and Streichen got together to simplify the playbook--but end result was better holes opened up for Ekkie and even Gordon...nice to see JJ back briefly
    4. On pass pro, looked like Rivers generally had more time, except for Scott allowing that sack--though he was subbing for an injured Tevi, so I guess we cut him some slack

Overall, huge improvement. Let's see if this continues next game!

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Probably the dark blue facemasks.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Green Bay's defense is not built to stop the run. They've had a great problem with that this year. I noticed the snap count thing too. I think varying that is really important to slowing down the pass rush. I liked using the motion receiver to help out in run blocking. I was really impressed with our pass rush. That's the best we've done all year.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Credit to the coaches and players. First complete game all year.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Scotty Boy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2017
            • Send PM

Steichen & Qberry at Center!!!

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Blocking. Insane.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Offense: 159 yards rushing on the ground, season high. Up tempo offense w/o Rivers prolonged reads at the line. Rivers had confidence in the protection. Rivers also threw a ball away in the redzone late, which Philip usually tries to turn into a positive. Philip gave up and went to the next play. Mature QB play and he is listening to his coaching. Win-Win

They were balanced run-pass too. Gameball - Shane Steichen

Defense: Melvin and Joey caused pressure all day. TIMELY sacks.

Special Teams: Blocked Punt

Complete Game. This was Anthony Lynn's signature win as a head coach.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

OL played pretty well, and the Watkins was a huge improvement over Teamer.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    OL played pretty well, and the Watkins was a huge improvement over Teamer.
                    Yeah our safety play seemed to be a lot tighter today. In your face instead of chasing you down from 5 yards away........

Comment

• pacstud
                      Black Belt Poster
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

The Packer run defense was atrocious. I hate to burst everyone's bubble, we were running the same stuff. Only difference I saw was the backs were a little more patient and willing to wait for cutbacks, but that may be more about the Packers weak run defense. Their front is designed to play with a lead, no good against a team they're chasing.

The offense was better between the 20s, but still bad to awful in the red zone.

The game ball, or whatever, goes to Bradley. Defense was unreal today. Glad we didn't fire him.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                        The Packer run defense was atrocious. I hate to burst everyone's bubble, we were running the same stuff. Only difference I saw was the backs were a little more patient and willing to wait for cutbacks, but that may be more about the Packers weak run defense. Their front is designed to play with a lead, no good against a team they're chasing.

The offense was better between the 20s, but still bad to awful in the red zone.

The game ball, or whatever, goes to Bradley. Defense was unreal today. Glad we didn't fire him.
                        Many Charger fans were glad to see Bradly remembered how to call a defense. Listening to quite a few posters they thought that Bradly should have been a package deal firing with Whiz. Its amazing what a good D can do when they get their other rusher back fully healthy and Tillery starting to play better along with competent safety play. I think Bradly will remember more coaching and call an even better defense when James is back and healthy.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Some times you just need a change.... I don't have anything really bad to say about whiz but it just seemed his offense in general went stale.

Comment

Working...
                          X