Who Takes The Credit For Our Offense Today?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    OL played pretty well, and the Watkins was a huge improvement over Teamer.
    Agree about Watkins. Makes the decision to go with Teamer even more questionable than before.

OL was great today.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

I just hope next time there is a close game we continue to play error free.

I was happy JJ got some carries, only 2 but he looked good and not rusty, like to see him get double vs. Oakland then double again vs. KC

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Great team Win. All position groups played well. Limited knuckle head penalties & took care of the ball. We better pay Bosa right now. He is hot as a dynamite firecracker. Tranquill could be a star in the making. We need to stay focused on a short week & lay the wood to the Raiders & we are right back in this thing.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

We've gotten a lot of players back the last few weeks. Badgley was huge for us, well, except for the lame kickoffs. Looking forward to getting James back. Maybe week after next?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
            The Packer run defense was atrocious. I hate to burst everyone's bubble, we were running the same stuff. Only difference I saw was the backs were a little more patient and willing to wait for cutbacks, but that may be more about the Packers weak run defense. Their front is designed to play with a lead, no good against a team they're chasing.

The offense was better between the 20s, but still bad to awful in the red zone.

The game ball, or whatever, goes to Bradley. Defense was unreal today. Glad we didn't fire him.
            It's Melvin's hammy.
            It's all about the killer combo
            of MI & Joey.
            Serious juice out there vs GB.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              OL played pretty well, and the Watkins was a huge improvement over Teamer.
              So much this. Watkins looked good.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• bartman83642
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Here is my thoughts. Credit the whole offense for three reasons. 1. No fumbles 2. No interceptions. 3. If I counted correctly only 3 penalties and none in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
                  We've gotten a lot of players back the last few weeks. Badgley was huge for us, well, except for the lame kickoffs. Looking forward to getting James back. Maybe week after next?
                  RE the short kickoffs...how many were returned past the 25 yl? I remember only one. If the kickoff coverage team is good enough to consistently prevent the returner from getting to the 25, that works to the advantage of short kickoffs.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

It's easy to play secondary when you have 2 beasts pressuring the QB.. that's what I heard anyway.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Almost started a new thread, but figured I'd just post my two cents here.

Yesterday was a hell of a statement by Anthony Lynn. Myself, and many others, were concerned about how our offense would look after the Whiz firing...specifically, worried that Lynn would try to run too much and neutralize our HOF QB. Well, he silenced all that noise. Not only was Rivers allowed to play his game, but dare I say - at least for one Sunday- Lynn actually fixed our running game. More rushing yards than the previous 4 games combined. Wow.

Way to go Lynn! Sorry I ever doubted you!

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

RE the short kickoffs...how many were returned past the 25 yl? I remember only one. If the kickoff coverage team is good enough to consistently prevent the returner from getting to the 25, that works to the advantage of short kickoffs.
                        i don't know why people don't realize this simple fact. It's one thing if you're goping against a top notch return man like a Cordarelle and want to make sure he doesn't get chances. Most of the time you are ok with a kick short of the EZ that they have to return.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Agree about Watkins. Makes the decision to go with Teamer even more questionable than before.

OL was great today.
                          Teamer, if healthy, will probably man the SS position again until Derwin comes back. Watkins doesn't have the best build to play SS long term. And the coaching staff likes his versatility in playing other positions to help the team.

Comment

Working...
                          X