• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
    We ran 10/11 all day other than goalline. We ran more trips than usual. Blocking and play calling was far more similar than different, as can be expected. Big difference was our defense.

Offense struggled quite a bit in the red zone and simply didn't turn it over, which is a huge difference.

Reading into a "new offense" is both futile and incorrect.
    I think the blocking was better and the O played a little more inspired. As I said in a previous post I think the firing of Whiz was not so much of a change because in mid season the change will be very subtle but it was a wake up call and helped snap some players out of their funk more than anything.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I think the blocking was better and the O played a little more inspired. As I said in a previous post I think the firing of Whiz was not so much of a change because in mid season the change will be very subtle but it was a wake up call and helped snap some players out of their funk more than anything.
      Good point, but I did notice a few slight changes compared to the typical Whiz game. More uptempo, and sometimes PR even had a few quick snaps. Wonder if Stitch is getting the plays in to Rivers quicker than Whiz. Also, more short passes to RB's in flats instead of behind the LOS...better run blocking...

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Pretty impressive how just a few small tweeks can make such a difference, especially in the ground
        of course the D holding Rodgers to 3 through 3 quarters can’t be overstated
        Rivers looked vintage
        better amend my signature
        season nor dead yet
        So happy and thankful for the win right now
        bolted up
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Had those 5 FG attempts been 5 TD's we'd of won 49-10! Need more TD's!!

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

PR threw for 75 percent completion percentage.... Rodgers < 70 percent (first QB in awhile not to throw for over 70 on us).

MG ran for 4 YPC.... Aaron Jones < 4 YPC

no Pack WR > 50 yards.... MW + HH (nearly) = 200 yards.... if MW is in single coverage he is open, if he is doubled it's a contested catch (quote from former coach/player if I recall correctly ?)

and not sure how much a factor our new NT was, and.... our rush D was fab, and ditto for our rush O, as Ek made'm pay, we got JJ back, and Okung, Q and the OGs all had themselves a day.

no 3 & outs, made good on a long 4th & goal, and had zero TOs, and.... re: ToP…. we had the ball 40 percent more oft than they did.

Badgley was 4/5 (how'd he miss that last one and Ty Long had just one punt all day.

we still have work to do in the red zone and on prevent D, and.... what a difference a day makes.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

agree on the quick slants and split backfield.... (very) helpful.... not to mention we put better receivers on the field than our #3 slot receiving option.

Tranquill did it again.... dude is a playmaker and needs to be on the field (dimebacker ?)

and not so sure that we played any more inspired than of late, nor certain that we were in some sorta funk, as suspect the changes made were actually not so subtle....

would tend to agree that any uptempo, quicker snaps and throwing to our RBs in the flats (most always a good idea), def made a noticeable diff, among other things.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

very satisfying/gratifying win.... Packer fan friend said he was not surprised that the Pack had trouble w/PR.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

GREAT game today. Execution still not up to snuff yet as once again they had troubles scoring TDs in the red zone.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                    We ran 10/11 all day other than goalline. We ran more trips than usual. Blocking and play calling was far more similar than different, as can be expected. Big difference was our defense.

Offense struggled quite a bit in the red zone and simply didn't turn it over, which is a huge difference.

Reading into a "new offense" is both futile and incorrect.
                    Ha !
                    Just saw it.
                    Channeled my inner pac in the other thread.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

It was nice to see Rivers hit that long pass to Williams too. It wasn't a dart, but he got it there.

Comment

• pacstud
                        Black Belt Poster
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I would agree with this. The scheme was largely unchanged, but the O-line played better. I will add that the Packers looked like dog shit. Watch their lack of effort on some of our better run plays and TDs. It's pathetic.

I'll take it, it's the NFL...but the Packers were shit.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

The 159 rush yards and 442 total yards were the best output by the offense all season.

The talk by the staff was to simplify a few things so they could play faster. And to play more balanced. Get the run game going. They found a way.

I thought they had a bit more pace to the offense, and some good misdirection. On some plays, Rivers completed a pass and then got back to the line and hike it with 15 seconds on play clock handing it off to Gordon. Didn't give the opponent a chance to reset or time their get off on the snap. Was that happening in previous games? I feel like the rythym and tempo was different with Shane at OC.
                          Am I seeing ghosts?

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X