• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

should do what chip kelly did with the eagles a few years ago...from time to time.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

You have to realize its November fellas...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
        You have to realize its November fellas...
        Cannot wait for the next month, Philcember.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
          should do what chip kelly did with the eagles a few years ago...from time to time.
          lets not do much of anything chip did.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

I think the plays getting in quicker were a big deal... even on the ones Phil ran down the clock, he was getting to the line at 18 or 15 seconds instead of 8 or 9.

I did notice a lot more Trips with the WR's. Maybe it was me, but I thought it was. Also, more split backs.

I do think Okung's return has helped a bunch. He's a good player.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Phil made mention of that as well, that having two all pros back and getting them up to speed has made a difference.

Coach Lynn made mention of the no huddle O as an aide in the running game, and think a coupla peoples made reference to the O having a better flow.

Square was quick to point out the ToP differential, and that having the O on the field for a long eight minutes enables you to put a whole 'nother D on the field after that, 'specially re: their mindset.

someone also commented that Bradley sent five a time or coupla few as well.... all welcome changes/adjustments.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post
                Here's Rivers and the little ones take:
                Bizarre interview. Rivers was holding his kid like it was commonplace to do so.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Cannot wait for the next month, Philcember.
                  let's hope its meaninful

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    Well, this is more like it! These are the REAL Chargers, the talented team that overcame a quality opponent to win. A lot of us wondered how Stitch would do compared to Whiz, and sure enough, I noticed a more up-tempo offense, more quick slants and dump-offs to RB's and better blocking. One difference was the split backs formation, with Rivers in the shotgun:

image.png

I like split backs because they can either stay in to max protect, or one or both can go into the flats for a dump-off pass. In this case, both Watt and Gordon went out. Watt (red) was open early, but Gordon (yellow) was not. Rivers got sacked here. If you're going to send the backs out, it's preferable to hit them early, not send them in long routes.

image.png

Phillip must have seen our discussion about his run tell ...I did not notice it yesterday ... did play-action from the gun nicely.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Love these threads, TC. Especially after a dominating win too!

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2019/11/4/20947571/chargers-week-9-snap-counts

looking over the snap counts on O, have some queries.... would we be better off seeing less Patton on the field and more Ekeler ??

would Lance Kendricks and more double TE sets help us out in the RZ ??

Watt as the lead blocker on inside runs def helped out Melvin.... would a more Dontrellesque third wideout help out Phil some ??

and not sure, but did I see Feeney playing RG @all ??

on D, equally wondering if Jenkins played strictly FS and Jaylen SS ?? doesn't seem the best/optimum fit to me ??

big, big plus is playing more nickel and getting more Desmond on the field.... the more King, the better for our D.

Davis @what I call WILLIS got alotta snaps.... going forward am wondering how big a need that position might be as neither Kyzir nor Jatavis have seemed to crack thru as of yet ??

what are peoples thoughts on playing Drue @WIL ?? ….(personally think he is much more a WIL than MIKE ?)

and turns out Sly/McGill didn't get near as many snaps as Square 'n Tillery.... apparently we did alright w/our inside push.... would we do even better w/more Sylvester in there ??

looks like Rochell was a contributor as well, and that Gus employed a smaller quicker line more oft than not, and.... we still held them in check on the ground.

will also add that thinkin' one of the biggest factors was that we played D w/a lead.... for a change.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                          We ran 10/11 all day other than goalline. We ran more trips than usual. Blocking and play calling was far more similar than different, as can be expected. Big difference was our defense.

Offense struggled quite a bit in the red zone and simply didn't turn it over, which is a huge difference.

Reading into a "new offense" is both futile and incorrect.
                          The 3 big things that were different than under wiz were

- the pace of the offense was much quicker then before....

- and our offense was spreading the ball around far better than we have been....... making it much harder fir defense to figure out who to cover...... we've had other games this year where the game plan was about forcing ball to KA on almost every pass play even when he was covered by their best defender.....

- and this team finally came out with a do or die kind of attitude on offense and defense and ST's..... we were playing like guys were worried about being cut....... maybe the firing of wiz was more than x's and o's...... letting everyone know you could be next.....

Comment

Working...
                          X