• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
    To be honest, the city that makes the most sense to relocate is St. Louis. People would embrace the team in a second. There are many ties there.
    Nonsense. The Chargers have no ties to St Louis

Comment

• Chuckeezy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2019
      • Send PM

NFL should let dean have his own league nfl Europe part deaux, re brand, give the chargers name rights back to SD - problem solved . Not going to happen but maybe one day that scenario could come true.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

There is a crowd for the Chargers, and its about 100 miles south: San Diego. Easy to solve. NFL, sit down with city officials to make this work.
        The SD officials do not want the Chargers there. That's why they chased them out. San Diego worked for 15 years to get the Chargers out of SD. Sitting down with the NFL will mean nothing, yet so many fans blame Spanos for leaving. Incredible!

Comment

• assman3000
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Imagine what it would feel like to have to be sent to the US/ UK every other week and perform at 100% it would be pure hell.

It can never happen.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
            glutton for punishment
            • Jan 2019
            • Lake Arrowhead, CA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The SD officials do not want the Chargers there. That's why they chased them out. San Diego worked for 15 years to get the Chargers out of SD. Sitting down with the NFL will mean nothing, yet so many fans blame Spanos for leaving. Incredible!
            Spanos tried for well over a decade to stay in San Diego... City Officials and Lawyers stood in his way and a vote that would have cost citizens zero dollars to build a new stadium and expand the CC was woefully short of 50% [even though it needed 2/3]. Too many non-Charger fans in San Diego City proper... too many people that migrated there from other states/locations. Then, when you add in the fact that if Spanos didn't move the team to LA then the Turds could move then the whole thing was a no-brainer. And don't get me started on the TV Market share loss that occurred when the Rams moved to LA.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

I didn't realize until now that Fabiani posted on this board.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

Spanos tried for well over a decade to stay in San Diego... City Officials and Lawyers stood in his way and a vote that would have cost citizens zero dollars to build a new stadium and expand the CC was woefully short of 50% [even though it needed 2/3]. Too many non-Charger fans in San Diego City proper... too many people that migrated there from other states/locations. Then, when you add in the fact that if Spanos didn't move the team to LA then the Turds could move then the whole thing was a no-brainer. And don't get me started on the TV Market share loss that occurred when the Rams moved to LA.
                Someone who understands the situation and not whining with their emotions. You get it, I wish more people would, hell reading this forum and many other Charger forums it reads like Scott Kaplan has about 200 bot accounts and is just posting over and over.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

Spanos tried for a decade to screw San Diego taxpayers by trying to get them to pay for a heavily public financed stadium that would sit empty most of the year. San Diego taxpayers were too smart to fall for it. Spanos lacks the knowledge, gravitas or creativity to get a stadium deal done with the NFL that depended on no or little taxpayer subsidy. That's how he ended up leaching off of Kroenke.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    I didn't realize until now that Fabiani posted on this board.
                    lol...what a blowhard that dude is. I wonder how much money he took off the Spanos family.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Spanos tried for a decade to screw San Diego taxpayers by trying to get them to pay for a heavily public financed stadium that would sit empty most of the year. San Diego taxpayers were too smart to fall for it. Spanos lacks the knowledge, gravitas or creativity to get a stadium deal done with the NFL that depended on no or little taxpayer subsidy. That's how he ended up leaching off of Kroenke.
                      LOL speaking of Scott Kaplan nice to see you posting. Is this a bot account or your real one?

Funny thing is I dont even live in SD. Making the move to LA is better for me but I wanted the Chargers to remain in SD. I have followed the situation from the outside with no emotional attachment and can see what went on. It seems many here have substituted emotions for thought. I would recommend you go back and look at the situation without the tears and look at the facts. You will be surprised, I doubt you will change your mind though, too many emotions invested in it now to be honest about the move.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Tijuana
                        • Send PM

I'm still wondering how many Mexican Charger will show up in Mexico City, biggest Charger crowd in years? I know there will be at least 2, me and my GF.
                        I'm a mexican Chargers' fan, but I live in Tijuana, a looong way from Mexico City (it's a big country), there are a lot of football fans is Mexico City but they are, depending of their age, mostly Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots and 49ers fans

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

:umno:First off it would be years down the road. Second what player would want commute almost weekly between continents. NFL would be better off just creating a minor league over there. Move the Chargers back to San Diego where they belong. This is the 1st year I have found my interest level dropping. All the flags. Phantom roughing the passer calls. Players crying their way off of teams. Players demanding everything. Trying to take hard hits out of the game. Trying to make football into a non contact sport. You know, if they were so concerned with player safety why not make it mandatory to wear more padding and develop better equipment for the player safety. Develop playing surfaces that are not like playing on concrete.
                          The politics, NFLPA, the Competition Committee are making the best sport in the world into joke. :2cents:

Comment

Working...
                          X