Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It's because he knows it's the Rams who are behind the rumors, at a time when both teams are competing in the same fan base to sell PSLs and suites.
    That thought occurred to me last night. Kroenke seems to enjoy screwing with Dean’s head.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

I honestly hope its because he is tired of being the laughing stock of the league.. come on Deano.. show us some hot blood...

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Spanos tried for a decade to screw San Diego taxpayers by trying to get them to pay for a heavily public financed stadium that would sit empty most of the year. San Diego taxpayers were too smart to fall for it. Spanos lacks the knowledge, gravitas or creativity to get a stadium deal done with the NFL that depended on no or little taxpayer subsidy. That's how he ended up leaching off of Kroenke.
        If you want to be an NFL city you have to be willing to get screwed. San Diego has no appetite for it anymore. Hence we are not an NFL city. I’m not pissed off at the voters or anything, it’s just reality.

expecting god damn charity from the NFL to have a team here is naive. Unfortunately it’s what the bitter ex salty fans expect. And they always whine they should go back to SD. There is no where for them to fucking play here so why the fuck do idiots keep saying that shit on Twitter and stuff?

I wish SD loved the NFL and wanted to be an NFL city still but they just don’t. There is no movement will or traction of any kind by anybody in SD to get the NFL or any major sport back to this town. We will have the padres till petco needs to be replaced and then they are gone too.

migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

If you want to be an NFL city you have to be willing to get screwed.
          Unless the owner pays for himself....the people of said city pay higher taxes than surrounded neighborhood cities. Wonder how that works in Carson? Oh and extra expenses like security for games let alone the Superbowl?...paid by city residents.

Comment

• assman3000
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            I honestly hope its because he is tired of being the laughing stock of the league.. come on Deano.. show us some hot blood...

....Don't you ever F#^%&# call me Deano!

- Deano

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              Unless the owner pays for himself....the people of said city pay higher taxes than surrounded neighborhood cities. Wonder how that works in Carson? Oh and extra expenses like security for games let alone the Superbowl?...paid by city residents.
              Billionaires that demand a handout from taxpayers should be publicly flogged and have their fortunes redistributed.
              A major sports city should expect to pay for the transportation infrastructure. Security personnel for gamedays should be the ownership’s financial responsibility.
              Most politicians are just as, if not more, corrupt than the corporations/lawyers/executives/lobbyists (which is somehow legalized bribery) they deal with.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post

....Don't you ever F#^%&# call me Deano!

- Deano
                Sorry! If my suspicious are correct then I will start calling you Dean.

- A hopeful fan.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

They gone. Not if but when and after hearing Dean’s response I am convinced that yeah they gone.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                    London Chargers does sound exciting. A whole continent and all of europe should ensure the best home field advantage ever.
                    Any team that comes here will be accepted with open arms. Granted, not everyone here is an American football fan, but those those that are( and trust me, across Europe, there are MILLIONS of them!) will give them the royal treatment.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Can't they just bring back the Claymores and the Monarchs and call it a day instead?
                      I'll even throw in the Barcelona Dragons and Amsterdam Admirals to sweeten the deal.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post
                        Can't they just bring back the Claymores and the Monarchs and call it a day instead?
                        I'll even throw in the Barcelona Dragons and Amsterdam Admirals to sweeten the deal.
                        Not in 2019 dude! You can't name a team after a weapon or an imperialistic dynasty that oppresses people. And you certainly can't name it after a mythical beast that killed people or after a war monger!

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not in 2019 dude! You can't name a team after a weapon or an imperialistic dynasty that oppresses people. And you certainly can't name it after a mythical beast that killed people or after a war monger!
                          not even in europe... How about if we award a franchise to Viktor Orban?

we can also rename the monarchs the London Chocky Fingerz

Comment

Working...
                          X