• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

personally speaking, eye suspect that John Spanos will be tasked w/a very tall/tough decision re: his HC.

my personal suspicion is that AL was primarily a John Spanos selection, and not sure how excited TT was w/that prospect ??

am also fairly certain that communication between AL and our FO is not overly/overtly comfortable, and wondering if there is some dis ease between parties there ??

it also did not go without notice that Coach Lynn relies on his vet "locker room presence" players to help communicate w/the younger players on the roster, hence perhaps his fondness for retaining vets like Brandon Mebane and Square ??

is Coach Lynn a bit too much for young Tom ?? how does young John fare in dealings w/his HC ?? does AL feel @ease in addressing his team's needs when meeting w/his FO (scouting) staff, and how comfortable is he in addressing his team, players 1-53 ??

am fairly certain that Anthony Lynn the man is a true warrior, knows what it's like to be in an NFL huddle, and knows first hand what it is like to be body slammed by multiple 300+ behemoths, looking to take your head/helmet off.

that said, am not so sure there isn't a disconnect somewhere ?? was firing the Whiz his best move ?? and what is (really) going on w/this recent spate w/Denzel, Teamer and now Desmond ??

is he feeling a lack of support from our FO ?? does it come down to a choice between PR and AL ?? can AL handle another year w/Phil @the helm ??

are we comfortable w/the same coach in a new stadium, w/a new unproven rookie QB, not to mention holding onto guys under contract such as Mebane, Okung, Pouncey and Thomas Davis ??

for myself, the cleanest decision is to move on from Coach Lynn.

obviously 'tis unfortunate for him, and perhaps an undeserving fate considering the all of things ??

albeit again for myself, moving on from AL, would @least in my mind, make it easier and more reasonable to move on from the likes of Tyrod, Mebane, Square, Thomas Davis and Russell, and for better or worse.

my main concern would be his replacement, as plenty of peoples think/thought that AL was @the helm of a pretty well coached team ??

if I'm John Spanos, I already know my relationship w/Ron Rivera, and am also fairly certain that he has a pretty good feeling for how things might go w/David Shaw.... but how to get him out from under his Stanford obligations/contract ??

per usual unto young John, is to stay the course, of which eye suspect that we will improve next season, if not drastically, albeit how long will things teeter and totter in years after that, and if and when AL is given the chance to hire his own coordinator(s), will he be any better than his hire for STs ??

John Spanos at the time of Lynn's hiring said he was the right hire @that time.... have times changed, and what does young John have under his hood.... can he change the fortunes/past history of Chargers football by making a football operations decision in the best interest of all ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Anthony Lynn
      3rd year.
      26-20 combined regular season record. (All road games.)
      1-1 playoff record.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Anthony Lynn
        3rd year.
        1-1 playoff record.
        Spot on.
        That with injuries to star and depth players alike.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Kingcrimson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Anthony Lynn
          3rd year.
          1-1 playoff record.
          I respect his resume on paper.. but on the field, the self inflicted wounds has got to stop. A good amount of our losses are due to self inflicted wounds. Thankfully, that’s something that can be fixed. You can’t consider us “well-coached” if we continue to beat ourselves.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Lynn has to do what HC's commonly do after an underachieving season when your job comes into question; fire all the coordinators. Gus D, Pat Meyer, Shane, etc.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Lynn has to do what HC's commonly do after an underachieving season when your job comes into question; fire all the coordinators. Gus D, Pat Meyer, Shane, etc.
              Name a HC who fired ALL his coordinators after a down season. Maybe they fire one.

We were 12-4 last year with the same coaches.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Name a HC who fired ALL his coordinators after a down season. Maybe they fire one.

We were 12-4 last year with the same coaches.
                he already fired one.

gus d is next

Comment

• REH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

He'll probably be retained but there's nothing special about Lynn. It looks likely that the Chargers will go 0-6 in an unremarkable AFC West this year. Firing him should at least be on the table.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I think he is retained and I think it will be a mistake and wasting another year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Who will put together the offense or next year? I have no faith in Lynn & Streichen looks like a fill-in.

Who could Lynn attract? Whiz's mid year firing would unsettle many (its a small community) and they might be
                      accepting a position for a head coach who might be gone by next year.

If Telesco does the hiring, that's even worse.
                      Last edited by powderblueboy; 12-22-2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

It would be easy to say Lynn is coaching through a lot of adversity with the whole stadium thing however so is Gruden. Which team came ready to play and which team has packed it in?

Way too much talent on this team for what we saw this year. Also Melvin Gordon and his agent can fuck off that had a huge impact on our season.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                          It would be easy to say Lynn is coaching through a lot of adversity with the whole stadium thing however so is Gruden. Which team came ready to play and which team has packed it in?

Way too much talent on this team for what we saw this year. Also Melvin Gordon and his agent can fuck off that had a huge impact on our season.

Didn't Gordon do the same rookie mistake last week where he takes his eyes off the ball during a reception to look upfield and then drops it (maybe it was the week before during the 4th quarter)?

Even a decent RB coach should at least be able to get a pro bowl RB to not make rookie mistakes, or hold him accountable when he does.

Comment

Working...
                          X