• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Who will put together the offense or next year? I have no faith in Lynn & Streichen looks like a fill-in.

Who could Lynn attract? Whiz's mid year firing would unsettle many (its a small community) and they might be
    accepting a position for a head coach who might be gone by next year.

If Telesco does the hiring, that's even worse.

Unless they know some
    Lynn has already indicated he is bringing Steichen back as OC, didn’t he?

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Lynn bought a lot of good will with me for the big middle finger he gave KC last year by going for 2 at the end of that game.

That being said...he's about to go 0-6 in the division this year.

New year, new stadium, might as well clean house. TT at the least.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

My sentiment is that we are seeing Mike McCoy redux.
        You feel that you have to give the guy one more shot, given the success he had over the first two seasons; however, you know it won't end well.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

The move to LA is hurting them more than I thought. Guys are used to getting cheered in high school and college and then come to LA and the apathy is painful. Not sure why anyone would want to play for the LA Chargers.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

winning isn’t enough in LA
            you have to entertain
            and you do that with big names/splashes, storylines and staying modern (yes, I puked a bit too)
            Spanos needs to make a splash
            offer Urban Meyer something
            or even the devil himself (Saban)
            the time is right now with the stadium opening and the Rams looking like dinosaurs less than a year removed from a superbowl appearance
            mcvay looks like he got schooled, gurley is an overpaid bust, goff still has question marks.
            at least we didn’t pay our crappy rb early
            and arent on the brink of overpaying an over rated qb
            if we play this right, we can win LA
            and if you don’t think winning LA is important, get used to no free agents and continuing 16 road games a year
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post
              The move to LA is hurting them more than I thought. Guys are used to getting cheered in high school and college and then come to LA and the apathy is painful. Not sure why anyone would want to play for the LA Chargers.
              If the Spanos clan doesn't make a big move in a hurry, we will see our best players leave when they hit free agency. A big change of culture is needed. The time is now before the move into the new stadium.

Doubt the organization pulls the trigger though.

​​​​​

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

If the Spanos clan doesn't make a big move in a hurry, we will see our best players leave when they hit free agency. A big change of culture is needed. The time is now before the move into the new stadium.

Doubt the organization pulls the trigger though.

​​​​​
                Yep, I can easily see players like Bosa, KA, Mike Will moving on if they don't see some quick improvement in coaching and player personnel acquisition...

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep, I can easily see players like Bosa, KA, Mike Will moving on if they don't see some quick improvement in coaching and player personnel acquisition...
                  And I wouldn’t blame them one damn bit.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post
                    Because the checks still clear. There’s only 31 other NFL teams so if these players want to make millions of dollars for playing a child’s game 16 times in a 4 month span then their gonna wanna play for the Chargers.

If it’s either playing for the Chargers and being a millionaire or working at McDonalds (which is what many of these players would do if they didn’t have football as evident by the literacy, or lack thereof, in many of their interviews), their smart enough to pick playing for the Chargers.
                    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Way too much talent on this team for what we saw this year.
                      This team has a crap load of issues and failures. That's not what I expect from a team that has "way too much talent".

They don't have good enough depth, and there's some players that do not get you over the plateau. It's why the team has done so poorly, and it's why they'll be picking top ten in the draft. Lynn is holding on to some players, hence why he gets the moniker Loyal Lynn.

The team is also poorly coached. Lynn is proving to be no different than Mccoy.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

This team has a crap load of issues and failures. That's not what I expect from a team that has "way too much talent".

They don't have good enough depth, and there's some players that do not get you over the plateau. It's why the team has done so poorly, and it's why they'll be picking top ten in the draft. Lynn is holding on to some players, hence why he gets the moniker Loyal Lynn.

The team is also poorly coached. Lynn is proving to be no different than Mccoy.
                        The way Loyal Lynn kept playing Butterfingers Benji was just baffling...also, the way he STILL keeps sending Gordon up the gut for nada repeatedly is similarly inexplicable...

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The way Loyal Lynn kept playing Butterfingers Benji was just baffling...also, the way he STILL keeps sending Gordon up the gut for nada repeatedly is similarly inexplicable...
                          If Gordon was on the bench the entire time since his return and never made Elkie the #2 we would be in the hunt

Comment

Working...
                          X