Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    I keep GusD.

He is working with 3rd-4th stringers.
    Sorry, there is some truth to that but Gus also switches defense to a super soft zone conceding all short passes at the end of each half...... whenever the opposition desperately needs to drive and score...... he is super conservative at times when he should be aggressive.....he and lynn dont seem to mind losing as long as there game is close......

only good thing about Lynn is that the team seems to play hard for him but Lynn needs to go too because remakes stupid strategic decisions like taking the ball first after winning the toss..... EVERY smart coach takes the ball to start the 2nd half........

Lynn also is obsessed with forcing this finesse passing team into becoming a power running team and her is obsessed with using all 45 seconds of every play, of running out the clock, reducing total number of possessions, thereby keeping the total score way down, which by definition, always keeps our opponents close and forces Chargers to play absolutely perfect mistake free for we lose.......that is a stupid game plan for a team that has so many flaws........ Rivers needs lots of possessions to have a shot at making up for our typical mistakes.......

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

We think, hope, that they have plan, if they do it hasnt worked.

The only thing Telesco has to worry about is building an OL, sign Rivers and if it doesnt work out we already have Lynn's desire (Taylor) just build a proper a line and see what happens. That's all you have to do Telesco, build an OL WITH decent depth.
      TT needs to find:

1. OL ....LT, RT, LG, RG, C....... should not be hard to improve on worst OL in NFL history......
      2. DT
      3. LBers
      4. CB
      5. WR's (at least 2-3 blazing speed merchants to be 3rd, 4th, 5th WR's......) please no more pathetically slow possession guys.....
      6. Not possible to draft QB of future until Rivers is done, and we suck to be in top 2-3 picks..... can't do that drafting 17-32......

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

When Gus has the players he feels can attack, he does so re the Ravens playoff game last year. But all DCs go soft when they gave a shit ton of backups playing, just trying to stop the bleeding.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Despite all, Philip Rivers leads the NFL. Just appreciate that.
          Cool, but he won't when we have our bye week. Dallas has had theirs.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Cool, but he won't when we have our bye week. Dallas has had theirs.
            So Dallas will be ahead by 200+ yards, it doesn't invalidate the difference in our offensive lines.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

So Dallas will be ahead by 200+ yards, it doesn't invalidate the difference in our offensive lines.
              Oh no doubt. I'd assume Rivers has more attempts than Dak though as their running game is better.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Oh no doubt. I'd assume Rivers has more attempts than Dak though as their running game is better.
                Rivers averages 36.4 passes per game and Dak 35.4

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

So we’re 5 pages in and I haven’t read the argument FOR keeping coach Lynn.
                  I asked this before with zero responses but I’ll ask again, what does Lynn do so well that we simply have to keep Lynn “no matter what”
                  serious question
                  what advantages does he offer over other coaches?
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    I asked this before with zero responses but I’ll ask again, what does Lynn do so well that we simply have to keep Lynn “no matter what”
                    serious question
                    There is zero chance the Chargers let Lynn go this season, so this is, at best, a theoretical argument.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

serious question
                      He had a lot of advantages over McCoy. We were 12-4 last season and have lost a couple we should have won. Why all the sudden we need to fire Lynn?

What does he do so bad that we need to fire him?
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-13-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

serious question what advantages does he offer over other coaches?
                        I agree with the premise of the thread, If someone wants to argue otherwise, I'll listen. Coach Lynn's record last year, and bringing a playoff win, is gold to the Spanos Family. They are the decision makers on this topic.

Why do I personally want Lynn to stay? He was on the New York Jet staff that defeated the Patriots in the playoffs. A rare, rare feat. He knows the value of the run game, something the Chargers need so badly. Lynn says running the football is an attitude. I want him to be to chief advocate for building the offensive line.

I never saw Melvin run better than last Thursday against the Raiders.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Sorry, there is some truth to that but Gus also switches defense to a super soft zone conceding all short passes at the end of each half...... whenever the opposition desperately needs to drive and score...... he is super conservative at times when he should be aggressive.....he and lynn dont seem to mind losing as long as there game is close......

only good thing about Lynn is that the team seems to play hard for him but Lynn needs to go too because remakes stupid strategic decisions like taking the ball first after winning the toss..... EVERY smart coach takes the ball to start the 2nd half........

Lynn also is obsessed with forcing this finesse passing team into becoming a power running team and her is obsessed with using all 45 seconds of every play, of running out the clock, reducing total number of possessions, thereby keeping the total score way down, which by definition, always keeps our opponents close and forces Chargers to play absolutely perfect mistake free for we lose.......that is a stupid game plan for a team that has so many flaws........ Rivers needs lots of possessions to have a shot at making up for our typical mistakes.......
                          gotta disagree here

Lynn is forcing the power run game because what has finesse football got us?
                          It not Lynn who is calling audibles, assigning O-line protections with the new audible and then repeating the call to WR/RB coz the stadium is so loud they cant hear it. Its not Lynn spastically clapping his hands with <5 sec on playclock, then taking 5+ step drops and throwing maybes into double coverage.

here is the big question: Did Lynn call only 4 rushes for Gordon in 2nd half or did Rivers audible out of those calls?

I will blame Lynn for not calling Timeout and keeping Rivers on short leash when he goes hero ball. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Comment

Working...
                          X