• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Id fire everyone including the owner....

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
      Brother, if you could figure out how to make that happen, you'd be a hero!

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I wouldn't fire anyone but the owner. :More Q Please:
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

agree..... new ownership who cares about chargers, their fans, and winning and returning the team to SD where it belongs......

Then hire an aggressive take no prisoners offensive minded HC, who believes in scoring as many points as possible instead of slowing down offense and scoring to keep total score low and games close.... then hire a kick-a$$ aggressive DC whose goal is to shut other teams out and get as many turnovers as possible and despises prevent defenses.... ...... someone who scares QB's...... making them see ghosts and get rid of ball early......

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

All things considered, Lynn had a pretty good first year, rallying the troops from a confused and dismal start, to finish strong. He then followed up with a very good year at 12-4, with a revenge road win against the Ravens...then his coordinators got outcoached in NE.

This third year he has really faced adversity, with injuries, close losses, and a flurry of mistakes by players. I give him a pass. If we come back with the same team, plus some FA and draft adds...and he is unable to coach them up from what he has learned these past three seasons? Yea...then maybe he has hit his ceiling.

I like his leadership style...but I do want him to demand more from his playcallers, and continue with accountability...and make the hard choices/changes that may be needed this offseason. He may have to square off with TT a bit...but he definitely gets another season, in my mind.

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree..... new ownership who cares about chargers, their fans, and winning and returning the team to SD where it belongs......

Then hire an aggressive take no prisoners offensive minded HC, who believes in scoring as many points as possible instead of slowing down offense and scoring to keep total score low and games close.... then hire a kick-a$$ aggressive DC whose goal is to shut other teams out and get as many turnovers as possible and despises prevent defenses.... ...... someone who scares QB's...... making them see ghosts and get rid of ball early......
              every team is looking for that. its lightning in a bottle.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                All things considered, Lynn had a pretty good first year, rallying the troops from a confused and dismal start, to finish strong. He then followed up with a very good year at 12-4, with a revenge road win against the Ravens...then his coordinators got outcoached in NE.

This third year he has really faced adversity, with injuries, close losses, and a flurry of mistakes by players. I give him a pass. If we come back with the same team, plus some FA and draft adds...and he is unable to coach them up from what he has learned these past three seasons? Yea...then maybe he has hit his ceiling.

I like his leadership style...but I do want him to demand more from his playcallers, and continue with accountability...and make the hard choices/changes that may be needed this offseason. He may have to square off with TT a bit...but he definitely gets another season, in my mind.
                Why does he need to square off with TT? You think TT is drafting players with no input from the coaching staff? What if Lynn told TT that he could coach up Tevi, Feeney, Scott and the rest of the young offensive linemen and to concentrate on the D in the draft?

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why does he need to square off with TT? You think TT is drafting players with no input from the coaching staff? What if Lynn told TT that he could coach up Tevi, Feeney, Scott and the rest of the young offensive linemen and to concentrate on the D in the draft?
                  I have to think their big board dictates things more than anything. In 2017, when the Bolts picked offensive players with their first three picks (Mike Will, Lamp and Feeney), Bradley was reportedly chomping at the bit to draft defense, which we did with 3 of the next 4 picks. Then, in 2018, I'm sure Gus was jumping for joy with Derwin, then Nwosu, Jones and White, all in the first 4 rounds...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Easy...I said "might"...I am just saying I hope he gets another shot, with the players he needs...maybe the FA and draft choices we have made were all him...or maybe not.

I am saying he needs to identify the changes that are needed, be aggressive about making them, which means getting the front office on board...and then coach a winning football team.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Draft Day movie clips: http://j.mp/2mgowgCBUY THE MOVIE: http://bit.ly/2lTc9rgDon't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6prCLIP DESCRIPTION:Sonn...

I can't believe that not even with Black Panther this team hasnt been able to be a winning franchise...

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Anthony Lynn reminds me of all the coaches this team has had over the years... Norv Turner, Mike McCoy, Mike Riley... Average guys who are that.. average... Marty is the only exception, he took us one step further... I miss the guy, to be honest (With all his playoffs failures...)

Its that a coincidence? Dean Spanos seems like an average owner.... therefore he hires average HC....

Owners look like their pets...

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Anthony Lynn reminds me of all the coaches this team has had over the years... Norv Turner, Mike McCoy, Mike Riley... Average guys who are that.. average... Marty is the only exception, he took us one step further... I miss the guy, to be honest (With all his playoffs failures...)

Its that a coincidence? Dean Spanos seems like an average owner.... therefore he hires average HC....

Owners look like their pets...
                          Average owners across the league are offended by this take! The last Charger coach I was really impressed with was Bobby Ross.

Comment

Working...
                          X