• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

But there is a trade between improved acclimation and the resulting fatigue associated with extended travel, longer flight times, time away from home, disruption to one’s routine, etc. If I were a player, I would rather rest up at home so I could be better prepared for whatever comes my way during the game.
    nausea, headaches and heart palpitations.:facepalm1:

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Last year when the team traveled east for the Cleveland game then stayed in the east to prepare for the London game, players described that as a bonding experience that helped them gel as a team. Maybe coaches were looking at this as a similar opportunity.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

This is much ado about i don’t give a fuck.

The season is disappointing. Idgaf about MexCity vs London vs whatever. Its hardly the point. Its about where the team is going this year, not where the players are going this week. Players expected more, they are disappointed. We expected more, we are disappointed. Onward we must all sludge on together, slathered in this sticky film of disappointment.

and nobody is getting a shower to wash away the stick for another couple months. At times like this i like to ponder the larger point of life - if this is our big worry in life, life must be pretty darn good.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The season is disappointing. Idgaf about MexCity vs London vs whatever. Its hardly the point. Its about where the team is going this year, not where the players are going this week. Players expected more, they are disappointed. We expected more, we are disappointed. Onward we must all sludge on together, slathered in this sticky film of disappointment.

and nobody is getting a shower to wash away the stick for another couple months. At times like this i like to ponder the larger point of life - if this is our big worry in life, life must be pretty darn good.
          Great description

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

"Sticky film of disappointment" That 's a good one ......As someone some of used to know liked to say......POTD!!!

Comment

• PMR9FAN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Last year when the team traveled east for the Cleveland game then stayed in the east to prepare for the London game, players described that as a bonding experience that helped them gel as a team. Maybe coaches were looking at this as a similar opportunity.
              Yes, Lynn said as much.

The difference here is that the players spend more time on a plane. The Cleveland deal saved them from having two flights across the country. The CO Springs trip adds flight time when they were already happy at home.

It will be interesting to see how it works ... I would think this will add fatigue which will make them less prepared. But I am just a guy with a keypad.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Don't give up hope ... it's not over yet. A W on Monday puts them right into the thick of things with reinforcements on the way (Okung, Tevi, DJ, AP).

I like our chances for the postseason actually if they can pull off a Mexico City miracle.

That said, your point here is 100% true:

"At times like this i like to ponder the larger point of life - if this is our big worry in life, life must be pretty darn good."

Comment

• El_Tee
                  I’m No Noob
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Disney World, FL
                  • Send PM

Right now we have a VERY slim shot at postseason unless we win out and we somehow beat the Raiders in the standings.

And im not really willing to even say that we can rattle off 6 wins in a row.

Will Okung be dependable/healthy enough to last? Will DJ come back and be an immediate impact player? Will be stop going into prevent and actually play to win on defense?

these and other question makes remain.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Andy Reid doesn’t believe in moving to a high altitude place to practice. He wasn’t gonna do it last year and he’s not doing it this year

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

When i try to hike up to 10,000 + feet, i'd prefer several days of acclimatization over a night.

Mexico City is 7,400 feet up.....

There have been no studies on the effects of altitude on 300 pound men playing football.
                      According to Pat Kirwin, the biggest effect is on the endurance of defenders..... especially pass rushers whose job burns more energy than any other on the football field...... it makes pass rush almost impossible..... meaning there will be a lot of deep wide open passes in this game..... Chargers will be trying to burn out the clock and run for 200 plus yards..... Chiefs will be trying to break 30 point barrier before halftime...... forcing Chargers to be in a must throw and throw deep mode...... leaving our bad OL against their pass rush which is much better than raiders who killed us.....

Offense knows where they are going so there are far fewer wasted steps...... defense is always reacting and chasing, so it requires far more stamina...... running the ball the way TEN did will help if our defense does not bite on short fakes.......leasvijg easy deep throws for mahomes.....

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Rivers sounds optimistic but tired.

I fear this CO Springs experiment is just adding to their fatigue level.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

According to Pat Kirwin, the biggest effect is on the endurance of defenders..... especially pass rushers whose job burns more energy than any other on the football field...... it makes pass rush almost impossible..... meaning there will be a lot of deep wide open passes in this game..... Chargers will be trying to burn out the clock and run for 200 plus yards..... Chiefs will be trying to break 30 point barrier before halftime...... forcing Chargers to be in a must throw and throw deep mode...... leaving our bad OL against their pass rush which is much better than raiders who killed us.....

Offense knows where they are going so there are far fewer wasted steps...... defense is always reacting and chasing, so it requires far more stamina...... running the ball the way TEN did will help if our defense does not bite on short fakes.......leasvijg easy deep throws for mahomes.....
                          What a difference it will be if the Bolts are 5-6 and the Chiefs are 6-5 after Monday.

The problem is that the 5-4 Raiders have a super easy end of year schedule, Bengals, Jets, (probable 7-4 going into) Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Chargers, Broncos (hopefully end up 8-8)

That is why that loss on Thursday was so damaging. HH doesn't fall down we win. I also feel if we had 7 days between GB and Oak we would have won.

I personally like that AL brought them to Colorado to get used to the altitude, genius, something I'd expect Reid to do, not us.

Comment

Working...
                          X