• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pacstud
    Black Belt Poster
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

I am not, nor have I, defended Garrett. Guy is/was a fool. I am attacking Rudolph who appears to be getting a pass while THREE other players are suspended.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Im with pacstud here, you guys are confused he is not defending Garret, Just saying that Rudolph is also part of the problem. And I agree Rudolph needs to be penalized suspended as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
        I am not, nor have I, defended Garrett. Guy is/was a fool. I am attacking Rudolph who appears to be getting a pass while THREE other players are suspended.
        All involved of discipline have seen the tape, and have heard or got feedback from what was said on the field....if that even matters.
        Rudolph getting fined is appropriate in my view. Those suspended earned it. The DL that got one game is deserving as you don't hit a QB or anyone with his helmet off from a blindside.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Nobody is giving him a pass. He was tugging on Garrett's helmet and a fine is an appropriate penalty for that. Other players got penalties appropriate for what they did.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            Im with pacstud here, you guys are confused he is not defending Garret, Just saying that Rudolph is also part of the problem. And I agree Rudolph needs to be penalized suspended as well.
            Your right.
            I am confused.

I think its the opinion of
            100% Rudolph fault...he started it..
            And the
            Garrett shouldn't have done it BUT its a reaction...
            And the race card

To me that reads like he is defending Garrett somewhat and the but its a reaction that
            reads like justifying somewhat.

Seems like a case can be made that Rudolph reacted to Garrett taking him down on a meaningless snap.
            That Garrett started it by taking him down on that meaningless snap, a football play unnecessary at that point in the game.
            Rudolph reacting to Garrett on top of him
            Rudolph reaacting to his helmet being ripped off

....its all subjective....

What is the rule
            Rudolph per rulebook committed a personal foul, not a flagrant foul
            Garrett's reaction to Rudolph personal foul per rulebook was 2 flagrant fouls.

Pouncey was flagrant.
            I think d lineman who shoved Rudolph down committed a personal foul, uneccessary not flagrant It was against a QB during an ugly scuffle so he got a game.
            Typical to over protect the QB. Nothing new here. That 1 game was expected.

If the argument is Rudolph action should be considered flagrant then yes he deserves 1 game too.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• pacstud
              Black Belt Poster
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

If the argument is Rudolph action should be considered flagrant then yes he deserves 1 game too.

Flagrant, 3-4 games (you're welcome Stealer fans). Bottom line is he kicked the party off.

Garrett tackling him there was more than acceptable and not at all roughing the passer. Rudolph threw a pissy fit because he'd thrown four pics and lost the game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Flagrant, 3-4 games (you're welcome Stealer fans). Bottom line is he kicked the party off.

Garrett tackling him there was more than acceptable and not at all roughing the passer. Rudolph threw a pissy fit because he'd thrown four pics and lost the game.
                Apparently the NFL does not agree with you.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

And yet the NFL suspended the dirty, out of control players that deserved it and not Rudolph.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And yet the NFL suspended the dirty, out of control players that deserved it and not Rudolph.
                    Yep. There was nothing surprising about how the NFL responded and seems fairly consistent with how they've been handling things IMO.

Rudolph is not without blame, but nothing he did would have warranted suspension based on the league's past rulings. He got his fine.

Comment

• pacstud
                      Black Belt Poster
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Apparently the NFL does not agree with you.
                      That strongly supports my argument

Comment

• pacstud
                        Black Belt Poster
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why all the Rudolph love? He certainly seemed "in control" ripping madly at Garrett's helmet and kicking him.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Why all the Rudolph love? He certainly seemed "in control" ripping madly at Garrett's helmet and kicking him.
                          I don't love Rudolph at all - I think he is a whiny bitch and not a very good QB. But your crusade to vilify him is just kind of funny because really very few people agree with you, yet you keep going on about he "tried to break Garrett's neck" and other way over the top stuff. He got fined, which IMO (and clearly the league's as well) is appropriate for what he did. IMO, the other players also got the penalties they deserved.

Comment

Working...
                          X