• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
    It would of been nice to see what punishments if any of Mason successfully took off Myles helmet as he definitely attempted to do first and instigated Myles ripping off Madons helmet. Especially if Myles just then threw it away.

Also curious if Myles connected the top of the helmet on Masons head and he was really injured what would of happened, cops on field?
    The very late hit is what started the entire event.

Comment

• pacstud
      Black Belt Poster
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

So if he hits the QB in the bare head square on and the QB dies (certainly possible), then I assume you would be ok with murder charges being filed ...
      Sure, but that's a non-sequitur. If Garrett had a popped nut, gouged eye, or broken neck (certainly possible), then what?

Comment

• pacstud
        Black Belt Poster
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The very late hit is what started the entire event.
        Except it wasn't late, nor excessive. It was a soft take down.

[This is where you say defenders can't play football if they're winning and there is x time left]

Comment

• pacstud
          Black Belt Poster
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

The ridiculous claim you are making is that he tried to break Garrett's neck. Well, that and the racism angle.
          The "trying to break his neck" is simply analogous to those equating Garrett's helmet swing as "criminal".

Both are stupid, dangerous, non-football moves that should be penalized severely. Both.

The racism angle, well that's unprovable until Bosa gets a late hit on Lamar Jackson. Then I'd be curious as to the narrative.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

The "trying to break his neck" is simply analogous to those equating Garrett's helmet swing as "criminal".

Both are stupid, dangerous, non-football moves that should be penalized severely. Both.

The racism angle, well that's unprovable until Bosa gets a late hit on Lamar Jackson. Then I'd be curious as to the narrative.
            LMAO - you are so far out there it's funny. Thank God cooler heads prevailed and dished out appropriate punishment. For everyone.

Comment

• pacstud
              Black Belt Poster
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

LMAO - you are so far out there it's funny. Thank God cooler heads prevailed and dished out appropriate punishment. For everyone.
              Appeal on Wednesday, we'll see.

Tyreek Hill breaks a little kid's arm...no punishment.

Donte Stallworth commits manslaughter while drunk, suspension.

Ray Lewis...murder.

Garrett...KICK HIM OUT FOREVER!!!

The fact that you think since the NFL did it, it's appropriate, that's far out considering the NFL's track record. As many have noted, the punishment had little to do with what happened and everything to do with optics and PR. At least don't be disingenuous and act like you care about "justice".

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Appeal on Wednesday, we'll see.

Tyreek Hill breaks a little kid's arm...no punishment.

Donte Stallworth commits manslaughter while drunk, suspension.

Ray Lewis...murder.

Garrett...KICK HIM OUT FOREVER!!!

The fact that you think since the NFL did it, it's appropriate, that's far out considering the NFL's track record. As many have noted, the punishment had little to do with what happened and everything to do with optics and PR. At least don't be disingenuous and act like you care about "justice".
                I happen to agree that the punishment fit the crime. Not sure why you keep trying to make this something it isn't.

Comment

• pacstud
                  Black Belt Poster
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

I happen to agree that the punishment fit the crime. Not sure why you keep trying to make this something it isn't.
                  How can you agree with a punishment that hasn't even been established?

You do realize it's "indefinite". They haven't even made a final call yet.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

How can you agree with a punishment that hasn't even been established?

You do realize it's "indefinite". They haven't even made a final call yet.
                    I'm still at 6-8 games

Comment

• pacstud
                      Black Belt Poster
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I'm still at 6-8 games
                      I'd agree with a half season.

I'd say 1/4 season for Pouncey

Fine for other Brown

2 games for Rudolph

That's me.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

I agree that Mason should be punished for instigating the fight. This was not Charles Martin of the Packers slamming Jim McMahon of the Chicago Bears to the ground after the pass was gone in 1986!! (which was horrific, could of broke his arm or separated his shoulder, criminal!)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Maybe the NFL feels like Mason was punished from getting popped in the head, but if Garrett didn't hit him with the helmet would they of fined or suspended Mason for trying to rip off the helmet instigating a fight? Garrett and Mason should get one game each for ripping (attempted or successful) off of a helmet and Garrett should get an additional 8 games with mandatory anger management and he should also have to face criminal and civil charges for the assault and battery.

Comment

Working...
                          X