That Was Ugly. Seriously, Where Do We Go From Here?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

That Was Ugly. Seriously, Where Do We Go From Here?

The KC game was winnable. Multiple defensive stops in the second half. But our O just couldn't take advantage. The way Rivers keeps heaving up the rock deep, when he has players open short, is just heartbreaking. I feel sorry for his teammates, because he keeps letting them down with silly mistakes. Rivers now has SEVEN picks in back to back games. Where do we go from here, the rest of the season?
    Bench Rivers, start Tyrod
    10.81%
    Bench Rivers, start Stick
    10.81%
    Bench Rivers, give both Tyrod and Stick equal time until a clear starter emerges
    16.22%
    Keep Rivers in as starter
    56.76%
    Other--see my answer
    5.41%
    I vote against polls
    0%
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Where is the choice for "I vote against stupid polls"?

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

I don't have the same feeling about PR, that i had in 2012 or 2016....he seems finished mentally.

Move up if necessary and draft a qb in the 1rst round...that's what you do.

However, the streak must continue!

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

time to dam this rivers?
        No, if he's going to keep losing, we might as well let him and end up with a better pick.
        get stick some work if we're getting destroyed by somebody.
        :dead:

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Where is the choice for "I vote against stupid polls"?
          I'm honestly looking for answers here. I feel sorry for Rivers's teammates, especially the D. When the game was on the line and still winnable, they made several stops. Gave our O the opportunity to get back into the game. But no. Rivers keeps doggedly heaving the Hero Ball rock up deep, when there were open men short. Then, there were ALL those picks...just sad...this is not professional football...

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Its bye week.

Lynn has a decision. He needs his QB to stop turning the ball over. He may very well need to consider Taylor.

I would not play Stick as I think he is much more likely to turn it over than Taylor.

Lynn wants to finish 5-0 to have a shot at Wildcard.
            Does he think Taylor or Rivers has the best chance to so that?

The team won't intentionally tank for a higher pick.

I honestly would say there is a 50/50 chance Lynn plays Taylor.

Where you go is Joe Burrow. You trade up and take him.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Rivers play this season reminds me of Brees before we drafted Rivers. Gotta change.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Its bye week.

Lynn has a decision. He needs his QB to stop turning the ball over. He may very well need to consider Taylor.

I would not play Stick as I think he is much more likely to turn it over than Taylor.

Lynn wants to finish 5-0 to have a shot at Wildcard.
                Does he think Taylor or Rivers has the best chance to so that?

The team won't intentionally tank for a higher pick.

I honestly would say there is a 50/50 chance Lynn plays Taylor.

Where you go is Joe Burrow. You trade up and take him.
                Sounds like a reasonable plan. I have to think Rivers must be losing the respect of at least some of his teammates with his dismal play, especially all those silly picks he slings up. And not all of those are on our O-line. Our D busts their butts to make some key stops, but Rivers squanders away opportunity after opportunity with his Hero Ball antics....yes, bye week a good time to give Tyrod some reps with our first stringers to at least salvage some respectability the rest of this season...

Comment

• Protect17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

You have to be an idiot not to want to see Tyrod at this point .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Still see no reason to start Tyrod and especially Stick. It is what it is.

But if we want a top 5 pick them play Stick. Then at least you will see he isn't the future.

But, Let Rivers play it out and make his decision afterwords. Id sit him if we had his heir but we don't.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• SCRATCHBOLTNZ
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2017
                      • Send PM

Rivers has not been very good this year and he did make some questionable decisions today but I don't think he deserves as much criticism as hes getting for the performance today.

His O-line is terrible and only Allen and Eckler get open with any regularity.

His first interception was knocked out by the defender into the hands of another defender...his second was a great play by the Honey badger...the third was terrible! and the 4th was Rivers trying to force it into the endzone...not sooooo bad when you think about it.

Still...I think the Chargers should seriously be thinking of nabbing a top QB this year to sit behind Rivers for one more year seeing as thou we will have a reasonably high pick this year.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SCRATCHBOLTNZ View Post
                        Rivers has not been very good this year and he did make some questionable decisions today but I don't think he deserves as much criticism as hes getting for the performance today.

His O-line is terrible and only Allen and Eckler get open with any regularity.

His first interception was knocked out by the defender into the hands of another defender...his second was a great play by the Honey badger...the third was terrible! and the 4th was Rivers trying to force it into the endzone...not sooooo bad when you think about it.

Still...I think the Chargers should seriously be thinking of nabbing a top QB this year to sit behind Rivers for one more year seeing as thou we will have a reasonably high pick this year.
                        Not only was Rivers's second pick a nice play by Honey Badger, but Rivers KNEW he was throwing a long ball into tight coverage--plenty of time for a good defensive back to at least break up the play, and in this case, Badger jumped the route and got the pick...still think Rivers forced it...

Comment

Working...
                        X