That Was Ugly. Seriously, Where Do We Go From Here?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

All I can say is that Rivers is forcing things a bit this season. If we had an oline I guarantee that we'd have a winning record. The question is can we fix the oline before Rivers says Phuckit!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That isn't what really bothers me about Taylor - it's the lack of big plays. He may not turn the ball over much and can scramble, but takes way too many sacks and just doesn't put up any points. I don't think he can read defenses well and panics and starts to scramble.
      taylor is not the answer....nothing to gain by starting him. I don't understand the enthusiasm for replacing a borderline hall of famer with a journeyman qb.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I've nothing to add other than we've all felt every single one of them.

Time for this franchise to trade up and pay Cincinnati in draft picks for the rights for the 1st overall pick to draft a blue chip QB in April of 2020.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Before one more word is said, I love Philip Rivers. Always will.

Rivers.png

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Tyrod Taylor highlights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqS8TKACWpg

More Tyrod Taylor highlights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlN_9UnHv8Q

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of this in lightning bolts.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Not even Michael Jordan or Larry Bird made all of their game winning shots, they had bad games too.

It's a shame because Phil is such a good person that these bad breaks happen to him and it seems like Brady is a jerk and gets all the spoils.

Life is so backwards.

It's like Fouts who had such a similar career was so bitter and jaded cursed Rivers to have a similar yet worse tragic career.

It sure sounds like it when he does a Bolts game.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

The real question here is if the Chargers do trade up to draft a QB how many draft picks are they willing to give away? Honestly I think the Chargers will pick somewhere between 10-14. Personally I would stay pat and wait for someone like Herbert to drop to us and then I would draft O-line the rest of the draft. I have a question for my fellow bolt fans how many of you actually feel that Joe Burrow is the next Peyton Manning and if we go after him what are we willing to give up to the Bengals to draft him number one overall?

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                  The real question here is if the Chargers do trade up to draft a QB how many draft picks are they willing to give away? Honestly I think the Chargers will pick somewhere between 10-14. Personally I would stay pat and wait for someone like Herbert to drop to us and then I would draft O-line the rest of the draft. I have a question for my fellow bolt fans how many of you actually feel that Joe Burrow is the next Peyton Manning and if we go after him what are we willing to give up to the Bengals to draft him number one overall?
                  Why would the Bengals pass on him? They need a QB more than we do.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I would be fine with Herbert dropping to us so long as part of his psychological evaluation determined that football is a top priority
                    a solid offensive coordinator is going to turn that kid into a weapon
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Im with Rivers till the bitter end.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I've nothing to add other than we've all felt every single one of them.

Time for this franchise to trade up and pay Cincinnati in draft picks for the rights for the 1st overall pick to draft a blue chip QB in April of 2020.
                        And this team would have had twice the losses without Rivers. For too many years he played one on 22 and gave us a chance where none existed.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlackMamba
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                          Not even Michael Jordan or Larry Bird made all of their game winning shots, they had bad games too.

It's a shame because Phil is such a good person that these bad breaks happen to him and it seems like Brady is a jerk and gets all the spoils.

Life is so backwards.

It's like Fouts who had such a similar career was so bitter and jaded cursed Rivers to have a similar yet worse tragic career.

It sure sounds like it when he does a Bolts game.
                          At some point we just have to acknowledge that you make your own breaks, and there's a reason all this crap has consistently happened during Rivers' tenure (hint: he may have played some role in it). I believe in this case, correlation DOES mean causation.

Comment

Working...
                          X