That Was Ugly. Seriously, Where Do We Go From Here?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You are correct Sir !

Mobility. Leadership. Winner.

The next QB will be entirely different than PR.
    There were two scoring drives Stick led in the PS where I thought he showed a lot. Made a few short to intermediate throws, extended plays with his legs, and most importantly, didn't force anything long into coverage. If that's a preview of things to come, I'm in...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

better option than London. Same time zone with big home field advantages.

LAC to MCC
      What about that field, though? Pretty poor condition...

Comment

• Tol
        From Accounting
        • Mar 2019
        • Carlsbad
        • Send PM

Stick doesn't need to be the "heir" or rookie P.Manning, he just needs to run the offense and throw fewer picks the Rivers. Easy. Plus you get the added benefit of him possibly running for TD's in RedZone. There is literally nothing to lose by starting Stick, and nothing to gain by starting Rivers. Got the BYE the week to sort it all out and give him reps with the 1's. Doubt it'll happen, but it needs to.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Mexico City Chargers has a much nicer ring to it than the Los Angeles Chargers. I could definitely get behind this move. Vamos Cabrones!
          I'd be done. MEXICO City Chargers would be awful. Playing in a stadium built in 1966 with the worst turf in the league and worst air quality.

Not to mention I heard just as many cheers for the Chiefs. Just happened to be a home game for us. It wouldn't be any different.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There were two scoring drives Stick led in the PS where I thought he showed a lot. Made a few short to intermediate throws, extended plays with his legs, and most importantly, didn't force anything long into coverage. If that's a preview of things to come, I'm in...
            Against 3rd string vanilla defenses. Gotcha....based on that he is a future star.

Oh wait, he also looked terrible in PS.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
              Stick doesn't need to be the "heir" or rookie P.Manning, he just needs to run the offense and throw fewer picks the Rivers. Easy. Plus you get the added benefit of him possibly running for TD's in RedZone. There is literally nothing to lose by starting Stick, and nothing to gain by starting Rivers. Got the BYE the week to sort it all out and give him reps with the 1's. Doubt it'll happen, but it needs to.
              Yep. It's addition by subtraction. If Stick plays disciplined ball, simply NOT forcing the rock into coverage for picks, AND extends drives with his legs, that's TWO plusses. Why not?

Comment

• pacstud
                Black Belt Poster
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Our offense will be worse if/when we bench Rivers. The reality is that while he made many poor plays, game deciding plays, he also still makes throws that no one on our roster can make.

He is a top 20 QB still.

We may not have late game INTs, but that will be because we're down 17 and getting smoked.

I'm also not saying we have to stick with Rivers, though I would most likely do so until the season is over.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  Against 3rd string vanilla defenses. Gotcha....based on that he is a future star.

Oh wait, he also looked terrible in PS.
                  Playing with third stringers in a third string vanilla offense.

Just clarifying the full picture.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Playing with third stringers in a third string vanilla offense.

Just clarifying the full picture.
                    Good point...apples to apples...

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good point...apples to apples...
                      Yep, but if he is throwing balls right at 3rd stringers, why would anyone expect a different result going against starters? If you guys think Rivers turns the ball over too much, I fear heads would explode with Stick.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yep, but if he is throwing balls right at 3rd stringers, why would anyone expect a different result going against starters? If you guys think Rivers turns the ball over too much, I fear heads would explode with Stick.
                        Won't Stick be more of a "game manager" or even a "Check Down Charlie ?"

Rivers has issues with field vision and decision making,
                        to say nothing of the issue of cap relief.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Won't Stick be more of a "game manager" or even a "Check Down Charlie ?"

Rivers has issues with field vision and decision making,
                          to say nothing of cap relief.
                          The only thing I can judge him by are his preseason stats, which don't match that description: in 4 games he was 27/44 for 244 yards 1 TD and 4 interceptions for a 46 QB rating for the preseason. That is actually a worse QB rating than Rivers had vs the Chiefs.

Comment

Working...
                          X