That Was Ugly. Seriously, Where Do We Go From Here?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The only thing I can judge him by are his preseason stats, which don't match that description: in 4 games he was 27/44 for 244 yards 1 TD and 4 interceptions for a 46 QB rating for the preseason. That is actually a worse QB rating than Rivers had vs the Chiefs.
    We are definitely at a fork in the road.

Stick is prolly talent deficient
    and would need more development.

Jamrock wants Teddy...expensive.

How about Andy Dalton? ...will be cheap .
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I'm throwing a name out there. I wanted Josh Gordon too. But y'all would rather have Rivers chucking it up to Jason Moore and Patton.

A lot will depend on draft position. Lynn says we're not tanking, yet that's exactly what we have done at Detroit, at Tenn, at Oakland and against KC. We tried to tank at Chicago too but they tank better. Tanking without trying.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        The KC game was winnable. Multiple defensive stops in the second half. But our O just couldn't take advantage. The way Rivers keeps heaving up the rock deep, when he has players open short, is just heartbreaking. I feel sorry for his teammates, because he keeps letting them down with silly mistakes. Rivers now has SEVEN picks in back to back games. Where do we go from here, the rest of the season?
        Where are we going? We are going bye bye from the playoff picture during our bye week,,,,

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I'm throwing a name out there. I wanted Josh Gordon too. But y'all would rather have Rivers chucking it up to Jason Moore and Patton.

A lot will depend on draft position. Lynn says we're not tanking, yet that's exactly what we have done at Detroit, at Tenn, at Oakland and against KC. We tried to tank at Chicago too but they tank better. Tanking without trying.
          LOL. Tanking without trying.

Organization under seige. Deano not exactly walking tall @ Mexico City.

I am torn...but a large part of me wants
          a mobile game manager,
          and cap space to get 1 Olineman +
          continue to build the D.

Gotta say that.

I'll mark you down for starting by trading it all for Joe Burrow,
          and frankly I can live with that.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yep, but if he is throwing balls right at 3rd stringers, why would anyone expect a different result going against starters? If you guys think Rivers turns the ball over too much, I fear heads would explode with Stick.
            See this right here is why we have this panic discussion. People do not know the difference between a third stringer WR and their route running ability or making the right read ability compared to a starter. In the Raider game many people were all butt hurt over Rivers throwing long to Patton on a particular play. Patton was open for a very well thrown ball but Rivers over threw him by a couple of steps. Yet when I watched the route on the replay that Patton ran he, slowed did a high step and a shuffle then ran full speed again. Had he ran the route like he should have and run full speed the ball would have hit him in the hands but because he did his little showboating and shuffle he was a couple of steps to slow on the route. Everyone blames Rivers but I guarantee you in the receivers film room they were telling Patton what the hell were you doing? Run your damn route! Its little things like this that leads to ints and incomplete passes. When TW was here he used to meander out of his breaks and round off his breaks. Again people would blame Rivers for the ints but nothing leads to an int faster than lazy route running yet most people say QB messed up. This is not to excuse Rivers, he is playing like he is just going through the motions now but a lot of these ints by all QB's can be attributed to the WR as well but they get off scott free in the fans eyes.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

HELL NO!

No to Mariota as well.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

HELL NO!

No to Mariota as well.
                Tannehill ???

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

See this right here is why we have this panic discussion. People do not know the difference between a third stringer WR and their route running ability or making the right read ability compared to a starter. In the Raider game many people were all butt hurt over Rivers throwing long to Patton on a particular play. Patton was open for a very well thrown ball but Rivers over threw him by a couple of steps. Yet when I watched the route on the replay that Patton ran he, slowed did a high step and a shuffle then ran full speed again. Had he ran the route like he should have and run full speed the ball would have hit him in the hands but because he did his little showboating and shuffle he was a couple of steps to slow on the route. Everyone blames Rivers but I guarantee you in the receivers film room they were telling Patton what the hell were you doing? Run your damn route! Its little things like this that leads to ints and incomplete passes. When TW was here he used to meander out of his breaks and round off his breaks. Again people would blame Rivers for the ints but nothing leads to an int faster than lazy route running yet most people say QB messed up. This is not to excuse Rivers, he is playing like he is just going through the motions now but a lot of these ints by all QB's can be attributed to the WR as well but they get off scott free in the fans eyes.
                  Agree. QBs throw to a spot and why Rivers had an INT when Henry fell down.
                  You hear all the time Brady drilling in his WRs heads that they need to be at a certain spot in their routes and why Chad Johnson didn't play much there. He wasn't getting the routes down.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Tannehill ???
                    Titans probably keeping him, letting Mariota go. Lynn has his vet in Tyrod, time to draft the heir if Rivers isn't coming back but I bet he has 1 more season with us, and they go big with the OL and draft a QB high.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

See this right here is why we have this panic discussion. People do not know the difference between a third stringer WR and their route running ability or making the right read ability compared to a starter.
                      I certainly understand it. Third string WRs do not run nearly as good routes, don't have the hands and don't have timing down with the QB. But Stick was also playing against 3rd string corners and safeties which are not very good either. And the way he was staring down receivers would get him killed against a good DB in this league. If Rivers can still be fooled or baited, it's not like I expect Stick to somehow be better than that. He may develop into a good QB someday but from what I saw in the preseason he has a long ways to go.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I want to see what Stick can do,,, I like this qb

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Titans probably keeping him, letting Mariota go. Lynn has his vet in Tyrod, time to draft the heir if Rivers isn't coming back but I bet he has 1 more season with us, and they go big with the OL and draft a QB high.
                          Got it. TY. My prediction is two year contract for PR,
                          with an out after one year.

Comment

Working...
                          X