• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    I never said anything about Lacy playing well or not. I thought he would be sharing more carries since he was coming off a concussion.
    So Lacy vs Doug Martin?
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Starting Foles lead to me getting the highest score of the season, scored 255 when previous high was 206. Had desean Jackson, gronk, Ty Hilton , Brandon Marshall, and Carolina defense.

What do you guys think of foles for the rest of the season? Have Brady and Ryan as well. He just a flash in the pan or the real deal?
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• BoltBalls
        Always keep eye contact!
        • Jun 2013
        • SD!
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
        Starting Foles lead to me getting the highest score of the season, scored 255 when previous high was 206. Had desean Jackson, gronk, Ty Hilton , Brandon Marshall, and Carolina defense.

What do you guys think of foles for the rest of the season? Have Brady and Ryan as well. He just a flash in the pan or the real deal?
        Out of those 3 I think Brady is your best QB. It's hard to say if Foles is going to consistently perform like that, but if you need to drop a QB I would say cut Ryan. It's surprising how far the Falcons have fallen, we all think things are tough right now as Chargers fans but that Atlanta team had very high hopes this season considering they were one game away from the Superbowl last year.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          So Lacy vs Doug Martin?
          At the time of the trade Lacy wasnt being used as much as he is because they had Cobb/Jones/Finley cutting into his workload. You scored no doubt. But dont try to make it look like you knew this would happen and that Martin would get injured. Fantasy Football is about luck and i think you got quite a bit of it the way the injuries panned out for you.

Now if the bolts had listened to me...stayed put in the 2nd and drafted Lacy we would have the stud on our team.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
            Out of those 3 I think Brady is your best QB. It's hard to say if Foles is going to consistently perform like that, but if you need to drop a QB I would say cut Ryan. It's surprising how far the Falcons have fallen, we all think things are tough right now as Chargers fans but that Atlanta team had very high hopes this season considering they were one game away from the Superbowl last year.
            Yeah, nice to see Brady put up some numbers. I traded Julius Thomas to get him since I had Gronkowski and was worried about Ryan tanking with all his weapons hurt. Saw Foles was available as a FA and my waiver budget is tapped, grabbed him and started him over Brady and Ryan and that worked out prett well.

I sure hope Foles starts this week since Brady is on bye and Ryan faces the Seahawks.

RB is whats been killing me, I had Spiller and David Wilson as my big 2 going in to the season. Still hoping Spiller will start beasting for the stretch run and playoffs but Fred Jackson has been my best back. I also got Andre Brown and James Starks. Maybe I should try and trade one of my QB's for a RB.

I am not sure which 3 to start of my WR now with Hilton going off and no reggie wayne in Indy, hard to bench him but I got Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, and DeSean Jackson as well.

Comment

• BoltBalls
              Always keep eye contact!
              • Jun 2013
              • SD!
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              Yeah, nice to see Brady put up some numbers. I traded Julius Thomas to get him since I had Gronkowski and was worried about Ryan tanking with all his weapons hurt. Saw Foles was available as a FA and my waiver budget is tapped, grabbed him and started him over Brady and Ryan and that worked out prett well.

I sure hope Foles starts this week since Brady is on bye and Ryan faces the Seahawks.

RB is whats been killing me, I had Spiller and David Wilson as my big 2 going in to the season. Still hoping Spiller will start beasting for the stretch run and playoffs but Fred Jackson has been my best back. I also got Andre Brown and James Starks. Maybe I should try and trade one of my QB's for a RB.

I am not sure which 3 to start of my WR now with Hilton going off and no reggie wayne in Indy, hard to bench him but I got Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, and DeSean Jackson as well.
              Not sure how much value you can get out of Matt Ryan but certainly Foles is tradeable as is Brady but its tricky due to the bye week. If Foles has another big game I would say trade Brady for a good RB and go for broke. It's good to have some depth at the RB and WR positions because when an injury hits you have a solid guy you can plug in right away.

Comment

• Wheels
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Fuck Brady. I've faithfully started him all season. Finally fed up with his lack of production, I benched him, and he blows up for 35 points. Same story with Ray Rice and CJ. These guys have gotten most of my starts, but their only big games are on my bench.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

I really want to win this week, ended up trading mat Ryan for Andre Ellington.

Have to decide on RB out of spiller, Fred Jackson, Ellington , and I got James Starks and Andre brown.

For wr I am thinking of starting Brandon Marshall, desean Jackson and Wes welker. If I do I have to bench Ty Hilton.

2 wr, 2 RB, and a wr RB flex

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

He shared just enough tonight to allow me to win my FF matchup by 1 point with Lacy on the other team. But yes, he isnt sharing much anymore though the Packers said they want him to have less carries.
                    Packers RBs coach Alex Van Pelt believes Eddie Lacy is fully capable of carrying the ball 30-plus times per game. "Obviously, you want to keep him down around 25-20, somewhere in there," Van Pelt said. "29 was a little high. Over 30 would probably be too high, but hey he might have to carry it 35 times. Who knows? The game will dictate that to us. Hopefully, that won’t be the case, but if it is, he’s fully capable of doing it."
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Packers RBs coach Alex Van Pelt believes Eddie Lacy is fully capable of carrying the ball 30-plus times per game. "Obviously, you want to keep him down around 25-20, somewhere in there," Van Pelt said. "29 was a little high. Over 30 would probably be too high, but hey he might have to carry it 35 times. Who knows? The game will dictate that to us. Hopefully, that won’t be the case, but if it is, he’s fully capable of doing it."
                      LOL, typical OIP. No idea why you felt the need to post that. I read after his 29 carry game that they wanted to have him carry it less than that so i mentioned it. Still says that in your post. So he is capable of doing more,........... but they said they want to limit his carries and 29 was too many. Whats your point here again?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

LOL, typical OIP. No idea why you felt the need to post that. I read after his 29 carry game that they wanted to have him carry it less than that so i mentioned it. Still says that in your post. So he is capable of doing more,........... but they said they want to limit his carries and 29 was too many. Whats your point here again?
                        Really? They wanted him to carry less than 29 times per game. I'm shocked.

Why wouldn't they want their RB to carry it 30 times per game? Isn't that the average rate for RBS?

You posted that he shared carries and that the coaching staff wanted to reduce his carries.

You failed to mention that his per game carries were higher than anyone else
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

And who gives a fuck. Im not keeping track of his carries per game and dont care. He wasnt getting carries he is now when i said that and like Fleet said, nobody knew Martin was going to get hurt so stop acting like you knew all this all along. His coaches said they dont want to use him that much and its probably so he dont hit the rookie wall .
                          And ill add Austin is doing pretty much nothing for you and has a YPC that is worse than many RB's.

Im really not interested in arguing about this.

Comment

Working...
                          X