• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
    The minute they hired Lynn I knew right away it was over .Telesco is a joke of A GM .

Comment

• Boltsfan70
      East Coast Chargers Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
      • Send PM

Love Rivers but save the cap space on him and gordon . Build the lines with the money. Draft a midround rb like a marion butts type. Roll with eck and jj. Maybe bring in a game manager type qb kinda cheap. Run it down peoples theoat. And stack the draft with more defense.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Dr. Phil says the definition of insanity is doing the same thing that's not working but doing it again expecting it to work. Are the Bolts doing that with the OL, .............. and Rivers too?
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Kingcrimson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          Dr. Phil says the definition of insanity is doing the same thing that's not working but doing it again expecting it to work. Are the Bolts doing that with the OL, .............. and Rivers too?
          Telesco worries about the future too much. Building for the future. That’s not gonna get you anywhere. I wouldn’t mind being in the AFC cellars for a decade as long as we win just one Super Bowl. Go all out. This year.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

Telesco worries about the future too much. Building for the future. That’s not gonna get you anywhere. I wouldn’t mind being in the AFC cellars for a decade as long as we win just one Super Bowl. Go all out. This year.
            I cannot agree more. Its great to focus on the future but it seems as though he is forgetting about the present.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

This would explain, at least in part, why Telesco hardly ever makes any trades. Why not trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a solid O-lineman? And TT doesn't like to sign FA's all that much any more. Maybe because Franklin didn't work out that good. But Okung did. I think we need to trade for one solid O-lineman, sign another via FA and draft two more. Voila! O-Line Makeover!

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

IMO rivers is done. drop him and you have TONS of cap space. You lose 1 guy to gain the cap you'd get by dropping those other guys, who you'd have to replace as well. You drop rivers it's 1 hole to replace versus 3 or 4 holes.
                And I am not in the notion to replace MG with an early round talent. we already have 2 pretty darn good RBs that were NOT early rd pix. we have much bigger needs than to pick a RB in the early rounds. maybe pick up a bruiser back in the late rounds or UDFA.
                not sure what your motivation is in retaining the likes of Mebane, Okung, Thomas Davis and even Tyrod ??

and what exactly has MG lent this O to push the needle in the right/winning direction ??

and is Hurts or whomever you replace Phil with an upgrade to the O ??
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

This would explain, at least in part, why Telesco hardly ever makes any trades. Why not trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a solid O-lineman? And TT doesn't like to sign FA's all that much any more. Maybe because Franklin didn't work out that good. But Okung did. I think we need to trade for one solid O-lineman, sign another via FA and draft two more. Voila! O-Line Makeover!
                  The Patriots are as beatable as they’ll ever be.. I think the AFC is as wide open as it’ll ever be. There’s no clear #2 after the Ravens this year in which you can argue they’ll regress to their 9-7 10-6 ways next year. Whatever TT is doing is consistently maintaining a .500 roster. Whether they underachieve or overachieve is a different story.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

The Patriots are as beatable as they’ll ever be.. I think the AFC is as wide open as it’ll ever be. There’s no clear #2 after the Ravens this year in which you can argue they’ll regress to their 9-7 10-6 ways next year. Whatever TT is doing is consistently maintaining a .500 roster. Whether they underachieve or overachieve is a different story.
                    Since Telesco was hired in 2013, the Bolts have one season well above .500; three seasons a hair above .500; and three seasons well below .500. I wouldn't call that "consistently maintaining a .500 roster."

image.png

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Since Telesco was hired in 2013, the Bolts have one season well above .500; three seasons a hair above .500; and three seasons well below .500. I wouldn't call that "consistently maintaining a .500 roster."

image.png
                      The roster is capable of being .500. The coaching, close losses, bad luck, injuries is out of his control.

there are plenty rosters in the NFL which you can say they aren’t .500 even at their best. We are never one of them. In other words, were mediocre. Year after year lol

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure what your motivation is in retaining the likes of Mebane, Okung, Thomas Davis and even Tyrod ??

and what exactly has MG lent this O to push the needle in the right/winning direction ??

and is Hurts or whomever you replace Phil with an upgrade to the O ??
                        point is you lose one guy, rivers and his large cap, instead of losing 3 or 4 guys with close to the same cap space. rivers is not taking the bolts ANYWHERE. he's proven he cant win in tight situations and plays too loose with the football.

losing MG wont be that huge of a dropoff, and we dont need an early round RB right now when we have Ek and JJ in the wings. There are SO MANY MORE important positions in the early rounds to fill other than RB.

honestly I dont know which QB to get, but I wouldnt wanna part with significant cap to bring back pr...and this is after years of rooting and tooting rivers. it's all about the return on investment...lose 1 guy or lose 3-4 guys for the same cap hit. I'm not saying to keep ANY of them. hell release all of them and have tons of cap space to bring in their replacements. i just dont see spending so much cap on a qb that'd rather give the other team the ball.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

point is you lose one guy, rivers and his large cap, instead of losing 3 or 4 guys with close to the same cap space. rivers is not taking the bolts ANYWHERE. he's proven he cant win in tight situations and plays too loose with the football.

losing MG wont be that huge of a dropoff, and we dont need an early round RB right now when we have Ek and JJ in the wings. There are SO MANY MORE important positions in the early rounds to fill other than RB.

honestly I dont know which QB to get, but I wouldnt wanna part with significant cap to bring back pr...and this is after years of rooting and tooting rivers. it's all about the return on investment...lose 1 guy or lose 3-4 guys for the same cap hit. I'm not saying to keep ANY of them. hell release all of them and have tons of cap space to bring in their replacements. i just dont see spending so much cap on a qb that'd rather give the other team the ball.
                          For all the $$$ we've been shelling out to Rivers this year, we're just not getting much ROI. Let him walk, frees up around $23 mil per year to invest in a solid OT and OG. Same with Gordon--use that $40 mil we almost foolishly gave him, and either sign a vet RB on the cheap, or draft one in mid to late rounds. Use the leftover $$$ to sign a decent FA DT and LB. Draft more O-line, CB, maybe a QB, and rebuild this team...

Comment

Working...
                          X