State Of The Chargers - What/Where Now!?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Or we can just dump Rivers and keep everything else the same.

Go 0-16 and get the first pick in the draft.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Chargers33
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      A suggestion, try to break up into paragraphs. Its easier to read. Done deal...Thanks

Football operations are bad, but some of it has to do with injury at key spots... losing two pro-bowlers for lengths of time in the OL tends to screw things up, and face it, Derwin James in the D all season might have helped at least with energy in the secondary. Coaching has been mediocre at best, but I'm willing to see what Lynn does next season...he isn't going anywhere. We'll see about Rivers, I do think hes back for at least a season, they may pick a QB but no one obivious that will fall into their laps at #7. John Spanos has been a disaster as the real head guy, I'd wish he'd find some other thing to do. Telesco hasn't been great at building the OL for the long term.

Business wise, this move has been a disaster; though it may turn out profitable for the owners, the Chargers brand is at a all-time low. I think the first season will be ok attendance wise, but they will be like the Clippers in Staples when they first moved there.. tickets affordable for football fans who aren't into the Rams.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Or we can just dump Rivers and keep everything else the same.

Go 0-16 and get the first pick in the draft.
        I'm going Heavy D...Tenacious D...with some soft zone coverage.
        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

I just want a ring. Just one.

I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            If the bridges to SD are burnt forever the wise and corrective action to perform would be moving the team to STL. And that actually could work out for everyone, the Rams, the NFL and The Chargers. Without changing owners this could work out great for everyone.

The other corrective action is to sell the team to Bezos and then he can get the team back to SD and build a new stadium out of his own pocket. I like the sound of this, however the other thing to consider is that the stadium would still be half filled with opposing fans. That's a fact.
            I don't see why St Louis should even be considered, ever again. They lost 2 teams now, why should they get another? There are other cities more deserving than the city that has had 2.

In anycase, I'd be done with them moving out of CA except for coming to Vegas....which they already blew that one.
            Anywhere else, Fuck Deano & Sons...I'm out.

Comment

• Chargers33
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good points. Home field advantage is crucial...but, where else can they move the team?
              Not for sure on that - but do think we would have been better off giving Vegas a shot and letting the Raiders have LA. We could have been headed there now, at the very least it would have been more interesting than sharing LA with a million other teams...and we could have perhaps looked at making something work in SD if it didn't pan out.
              Last edited by Chargers33; 12-23-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• nomad1946
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2017
                • West Yellowstone, Montana
                • Retired
                • Send PM

How about Billings, Montana? :troll:

Comment

• Chargers33
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                  Too funny.... May have had just as many fans there as we will in LA

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                    sapnos pay your electric billings!
                    :dead:

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

State of the Chargers.

I don't expect Rivers to out-duel Mahomes next Sunday. Philip's dueling days are over. The Chargers will be swept by the division when this season concludes. When was the last time that happened, the Mike Riley era?

I go into next season looking for a blue chip starter at QB. I trade up six spots to #1, it will take next year's #1 and a 4th this year too. I wish Philip Rivers well and part ways.

QB Tyrod Taylor starts the season at QB before giving way to the kid. This draft is tackle rich, Chargers will land one. Then I let Melvin Gordon go in free agency and sign Cards RB Kenyan Drake in FA. Rivers is off the books and the Chargers can afford a true workhorse at RB: Kenyan Drake

Defense: Next season, Gus Bradley's going to install Nas Adderley as a true single high safety, and a healthy Derwin James as the eraser. I want to develop Jerry Tillery into the player he can be for Year 2. A true middle linebacker would be nice as Bradley's not found one yet.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

[Topic] "Where/Where Now"!?

Onward and (upward) sideways.
                        Last edited by Caslon; 12-23-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

TT and his ultra conservative approach to team building every year has been a disaster. 2 playoff seasons out of the past 7 - that his is stellar resume.

Bosa and James fell into his lap. Mike Williams looks like a glorified Malcolm Floyd. He has either ignored the OL or his picks haven't panned out. Either way, the end result is the same and he deserves the blame.

Ultimately this franchise is mismanaged from the top down. We have to accept the fact that they are one of the worst organizations in all of pro sports, and we should be happy with the random playoff season here and there. Squash any championship aspirations in your heart of hearts. Maybe Spanos will get involved in some sort of scandal and the NFL will force him to sell. It would be our only hope.

It has to be done either next year or in 2021 - but the next great QB search is upon us and I am certain we will not handle it well. So be prepared for probably another stretch similar to 1997-2003 as we wander through the QB wilderness. It's gonna get much worse before it gets better.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X