• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

This thing is rigged, I'm tellin' ya...it's rigged.

Krafty !
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Would not suck cuz the cheater would bring with him the refs’ favor.
      Need to check to see if Brady's favorite refs are moving to L.A. also...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Need to check to see if Brady's favorite refs are moving to L.A. also...
        I really don't want Brady to be a Charger but all things equal - would be interesting to see if he can do more than what Rivers does. Again, hard to actually quantify how Rivers or Brady would do with the same talent - but I guess, would be interesting to see. I just don't think its the right fit.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I really don't want Brady to be a Charger but all things equal - would be interesting to see if he can do more than what Rivers does. Again, hard to actually quantify how Rivers or Brady would do with the same talent - but I guess, would be interesting to see. I just don't think its the right fit.
          It is no longer far fetched to think that Brady and Rivers could swap teams.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It is no longer far fetched to think that Brady and Rivers could swap teams.
            I think Rivers under Belichick would improve his game at this point of his career. Not sure Brady under Lynn - but that would be an interesting place. I still think Rivers, if he leaves, goes to Indy.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Would not suck cuz the cheater would bring with him the refs’ favor.
              I thought the same thing with LeBron coming to the Lakers, I do not like the guy but was hoping he would bring the refs like he had in Cleveland and Miami but that has not been the case unfortunately.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Whomever. If we can just score in the red zone instead of throwing picks, we will win more games.

Comment

• RepBolt
                  All Bolt All Day
                  • Jan 2020
                  • Send PM

I think we can safely say that we all share the same hatred for Patriots/Belicheat/Brady, but I would much rather have a SB with Brady than 0 SBs in the next 3-5 years. Yeah, I said it. Out of Belicheat and Brady I hate Brady the least. I honestly respect him as a player and person, just hate that he always bested us.

That said, I don't think he'll be coming to the Chargers. And IF he does.... IF... I do believe that the players would play harder because it's Brady. And players don't care about rivalries like fans do. They would want to play with greatness.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by RepBolt View Post
                    I think we can safely say that we all share the same hatred for Patriots/Belicheat/Brady, but I would much rather have a SB with Brady than 0 SBs in the next 3-5 years. Yeah, I said it. Out of Belicheat and Brady I hate Brady the least. I honestly respect him as a player and person, just hate that he always bested us.
                    This. A SB with ANYONE is better than NO super bowl with your most favorite player(s). And those who say Brady cheated with the deflategate scandal...how did he do the 2nd half after the ball was reinflanted?

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I thought the same thing with LeBron coming to the Lakers, I do not like the guy but was hoping he would bring the refs like he had in Cleveland and Miami but that has not been the case unfortunately.
                      I was thinking of the same analogy with Lebron coming to the Lakers... But not so much with the refs, more with the demands Lebron had of the organization and the results.... It has only taken Lebron a season and an off season to turn the Lakers around. Whether or not it's enough for the Lakers to win it all this year, is another question altogether.

But If bringing Brady here means he runs the show and makes the owners hire people who actually know what they're doing, and fire the clueless. I'm all for it. We need a winning culture.
                      Last edited by SDBORN; 01-17-2020, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RepBolt View Post

That said, I don't think he'll be coming to the Chargers. And IF he does.... IF... I do believe that the players would play harder because it's Brady. And players don't care about rivalries like fans do. They would want to play with greatness.
                        Totally agree with this. I honestly used to have some unwarranted hate for Brady because he played for the Pats. And yes they always wooped our rivers led squad, unless it was Matt Cassle. But Brady seems like a decent dude. I would take a SB win with him over no Superbowl, no question about it.

Bellicheat coming here would bother me, but Brady wouldn't. You are probably right and Brady isn't coming here.

Ultimately, none of us know what will happen this offseason. But it really seems like the fan base is at an all time low and the team needs something, anything, a splash of some sort. If the spani clan really expect to roll with tyrod and stick, and this coaching staff next year, we are in for even worse morale. Brady would at least give some sort of spark and interest due to his history of winning.

It's either that or trade up for the best qb in the draft (assuming a team is willing to trade). Either way, I don't think the team can afford to roll with the status quo to open things up in Kronke land.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Totally agree with this. I honestly used to have some unwarranted hate for Brady because he played for the Pats. And yes they always wooped our rivers led squad, unless it was Matt Cassle. But Brady seems like a decent dude. I would take a SB win with him over no Superbowl, no question about it.

Bellicheat coming here would bother me, but Brady wouldn't. You are probably right and Brady isn't coming here.

Ultimately, none of us know what will happen this offseason. But it really seems like the fan base is at an all time low and the team needs something, anything, a splash of some sort. If the spani clan really expect to roll with tyrod and stick, and this coaching staff next year, we are in for even worse morale. Brady would at least give some sort of spark and interest due to his history of winning.

It's either that or trade up for the best qb in the draft (assuming a team is willing to trade). Either way, I don't think the team can afford to roll with the status quo to open things up in Kronke land.
                          Dollars equal -- Brad might be a better QB than Rivers in 2020. But I still think the defense needs NT/IDL and MLB upgrades; special teams needs to improve and finally the OL. Whether its Rivers, Taylor, Brady, Tua -- those other three areas need to be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                          X