• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Ben Higgins is reporting - or hearing that Rivers and family is moving to Florida. Permanently. Sad day - he was a true San Diego Charger. Probably for the best to move on from him - its probably time. But sad days - heckuva player. Deserved better than Dean, AJ and Telesco gave him the last 10+ years on the football field with Turner, McCoy and some of those teams.

Welcome Tom Brady!

Comment

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Lamar is a better passer than Rivers today.
      defenses would have to also defend LJ much differently so you probably won’t see the Oline collapsing as much
      we’ve seen LJ make defenses pay for quick penetration
      WTF?! There is no way that Jackson is a better passer than Rivers.

Jackson would be a fumble machine behind our horrible OL as he was in 2018.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
        Ben Higgins is reporting - or hearing that Rivers and family is moving to Florida. Permanently. Sad day - he was a true San Diego Charger. Probably for the best to move on from him - its probably time. But sad days - heckuva player. Deserved better than Dean, AJ and Telesco gave him the last 10+ years on the football field with Turner, McCoy and some of those teams.

Welcome Tom Brady!
        I live less than 2 miles from Rivers house in Florida. They are not here.

now we are 5 1/2 hours from Jacksonville, 5 hours from Atlanta and 5 hours from New Orleans. 7 1/2 hours from Tampa.

he could take a small plane to work in Less than 2 hours to these city’s.
        Last edited by Sb4Rivers; 01-17-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

Difference. Rogers put up stats bringing the team back and winning. Rivers career is inflated by garbage time stats in loss after loss..
          False. First, teams win and lose, not individual players. The Chargers have had bad teams despite having an elite QB in Rivers. For a full decade now, Rivers has had a below average to terrible OL--in every season and without exception. Even with the awful support Rivers has had, the Chargers have won more than they have lost during his time as the starter.

If anything, Rivers' stats are worse than they should be because his HCs have always had Rivers just run the ball when the team has had big leads or they have pulled him altogether unlike other historically great QBs like Brady, limiting his stat padding opportunities.

Also, a lot of Rivers' negative stats have come late in games in desperate situations when the team is most likely going to lose anyway. Rivers' garbage time stats are actually a negative component of his overall performance.

Comment

• RepBolt
            All Bolt All Day
            • Jan 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

now we are 5 1/2 hours from Jacksonville, 5 hours from Atlanta and 5 hours from New Orleans. 7 1/2 hours from Tampa.

The new league year hasn't started yet, so PR moving to Florida because one of those teams voiced their interest would be a tampering violation. Teams can't contact PR or any NFL player until the start of the new league year on March 18.

BUT it is interesting to think nonetheless. Why Florida???

Comment

• RobH
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Tokyo, Japan
              • University English Lecturer
              • Send PM

Florida is where Rivers goes to workout and vacation. Last year, he and Henry worked out together because Henry went there on purpose to get together with Phil. So it's not a shock that he's in Florida.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
                Also, a lot of Rivers' negative stats have come late in games in desperate situations when the team is most likely going to lose anyway. Rivers' garbage time stats are actually a negative component of his overall performance.
                this can also be misconstrued as him not having the IT/clutch factor to bring the team back. I've noticed lately pr, save for those 2 GREAT games last year versus pitt and kc, has not been too clutch. when it comes down to the last 2 min drive rivers has to be one of the worst elite QBs doing so. but MAN those 2 games last year were SO AWESOME!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Welcome Tom Brady!
                  I'm starting to assume its true. Pulled kids out of school, sold house... very strange that he uproots the whole family in the middle of a school year. Of course, all this might be false and Ben Higgins is an idiot. Quite possible.

If true, than i agree with an earlier poster...the Chargers said they don't want him back. Very weird to burn your bridges at this point in time, but then again, this is a 6 - 10 franchise run by the Spanos. The Spanos seem to have gotten a wild hair up their butts for Rivers not being a passionate cheerleader for the team to the L.A. market and are currently getting a big hard on for Brady.

I cannot imagine Brady using the Chargers for anything but negotiating fodder. LIfe's a bitch for Brady to use the Spanos like that. If he leaves new england, Brady would want to win another Super Bowl and show up Belichick - that's the competitive bastard that he is. I hate the fucker, but acknowledge his tremendous drive. Ending his career with the Chargers would mean he thinks the team is Super Bowl capable. I can't believe he, or anyone, thinks that. Too much instability, too much idiocy, too much Spanos
                  Last edited by powderblueboy; 01-18-2020, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'm starting to assume its true. Pulled kids out of school, sold house... very strange that he uproots the whole family in the middle of a school year. Of course, all this might be false and Ben Higgins is an idiot. Quite possible.

If true, than i agree with an earlier poster...the Chargers said they don't want him back. Very weird to burn your bridges at this point in time, but then again, this is a 6 - 10 franchise run by the Spanos. The Spanos seem to have gotten a wild hair up their butts for Rivers not being a passionate cheerleader for the team to the L.A. market and are currently getting a big hard on for Brady.

I cannot imagine Brady using the Chargers for anything but negotiating fodder. LIfe's a bitch for Brady to use the Spanos like that. If he leaves new england, Brady would want to win another Super Bowl and show up Belichick - that's the competitive bastard that he is. I hate the fucker, but acknowledge his tremendous drive. Ending his career with the Chargers would mean he thinks the team is Super Bowl capable. I can't believe he, or anyone, thinks that. Too much instability, too much idiocy, too much Spanos
                    I agree about the ending of his career and Spanos. I just don't see Brady being desparate enough to play for the Spanos clan. He can't possibly believe they are anything but inept at running their football team.

Is there any proof Spanos are actually interested Brady? Sources?

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

Could take them several days to drive cross country.

What city are you by? Miami? They could use a QB

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They moved into a huge house they built in CT. They didn't move out west so... .....who knows. Would love to have Brady......5 years ago but at 42-43 with a bad OL...not so much.

I'd still love to have Rivers if Telesco can finally get him a good OL.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Could take them several days to drive cross country.

What city are you by? Miami? They could use a QB
                          Between Pensacola and Panama City. The area is called 30-A. The movie Truman show was filmed here. I call it The Hamptons of the South. Super wealthy vacation homes for people of the south. Just to name a few, Jerry Jones, Sean Payton, Witten, and big. Nashville influence.

Comment

Working...
                          X