POLL: Who should be the Bolts next head coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    Keep Lynn

If we fire every coach after 1 bad season then who would want to work here? what big name proven HC or up and coming college HC would take a job where a couple bad injuries and boom youre fired.
    The scarcity of the position itself will always garner interest.
    Salvaging an already decrepit reputation isn’t a good reason to hang on to a coach you don’t believe in.
    but you’re right, we need to compete with other franchises for the best qualified and working for the Spanos isn’t helping. No answer for that enigma outside of find a franchise qb at any costs.
    P1. Block Destruction
    P2. Shocking Effort
    P3. Ball Disruption
    P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Switch Rosters.

Give Lynn the Cheifs with their homefield advantage, with their speed on offense. With their MVP caliber mobile QB.

Lets see what Reid does with statue Rivers and the Chargers slow recievers.

Lynn is one of the bright spots.
      Worst homefield advantge in the league.
      Every game is a road game.
      A suspect roster. Suspect ownership.
      And Lynn is still 26-22. And 1-1 playoffs.
      One down year. Fire him? Really?

But Rivers can not win the AFC West for 10 seasons, yet lets give him every chance and every excuse.

I trust Lynn more than Spanos, Telesco or Rivers.
      Lynn was part of back to back Superbowl champion team as a player. He has been a part of a locker room that has won it all twice. I'll put my faith in him moving forward over anyone else in the organization.

I am not down with riding the coaching carousel.
      Keep Lynn.
      Good counter point
      Lynn has dealt with a lot
      I would argue that Reid is the real OC and while the Chiefs may still be a playoff team, I wouldn’t consider them nearly as good of a team if Lynn was leading.
      I think even the most critical Chief fans (of Reid) would agree that Reid puts his team in great position to win every game, and wouldn’t trade him for Lynn.

head coach is too vital a position to settle for average and that’s what I think of Lynn on his best day.
      perhaps if we had some elite coordinators, id have more faith.
      P1. Block Destruction
      P2. Shocking Effort
      P3. Ball Disruption
      P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

fairly certain that this is most all on John Spanos, as do think he was the main impetus behind the hiring of AL.... how does he feel about things as things now stand ??

coupla few things which I think come into play.... who are the Chargers ?? are we a running (backs coach) team ?? or do we have a regal history as a passing team ??

we are moving into a new stadium.... how messy is this situation ?? how do the fans perceive of things as they are seen for, and for better or worse ??

he stuck by Mebane, Square, MG3 and who else ?? he canned Whiz in favor of Stitch, and has recently had to deal internally w/the likes of Desmond, Denzel and Teamer.... how do we (really) perceive of the such ??

what other personnel moves has he been party to ?? Tyrod ?? Mike Williams ?? Thomas Davis ??

he hired Bradley and Stewart as his coordinators.... how attractive is Anthony Lynn going forward ?? to his fanbase, to the Spanos clan.... is Tom Telesco willing to risk his job/career for Loyal Lynn ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
          Please stop with these knee jerk threads.

Lynn will be the HC next season.

Deal with it !!!
          This. Note, this is not the same as me thinking he should be kept because I think a very large portion of the blame this year starts with the coaching staff, it’s just that even with this horrible season he is still 4 games over .500 as a coach which will give him a mulligan on this year.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

I dont hate Lynn but do any fans here truly believe he will lead this team to a Superbowl appearance let alone win.Really?REALLY?He is still having issues with clock management and such in year three folks.Im dog ass tired of mediocre let alone sucking.NEXT!

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              I dont hate Lynn but do any fans here truly believe he will lead this team to a Superbowl appearance let alone win.Really?REALLY?He is still having issues with clock management and such in year three folks.Im dog ass tired of mediocre let alone sucking.NEXT!
              Well, to be fair to Lynn, Reid is about the worst clock manager in the entire league and it doesn’t stop him from winning.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

oh, and… RR/HC.... David Shaw/OC, and....

liked the Andrew Thomas/Walter Jones mention.... dude is officially in my cluster, and no matter how unlikely.... P-I-C-K S-!-X
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Lynn has missed playoffs in every season as HC except for one. Why the hell is it basically looked at as guaranteed that he stays on as HC?

Other than the Spanos being too cheap to pay out his contract, there’s no valid excuse for why he should stay on. Injuries are a BS excuse because every team deals with it.
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

College coach? Dabo? Urban? Orgeron?

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

How about the Patriots “de-facto defensive coordinator” Stephen Belichick? He might want to branch out and try and make a name for himself (similar to Kyle Shanahan). He’s young but no younger than Sean McVay when the Rams hired him.

Obviously has great bloodlines and is actually pretty fantastic with Xs and Os (unlike the current Chargers HC).

Really good article on him

Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Jagged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Omaha, Nebraska
                        • Send PM

I don’t think AL is going anywhere, I would be shocked if it happened.. it’s not the “Charger” way and he’s had quite a bit of adversity to deal with the first couple of years. That doesn’t absolve him of some of the blame, it’s just the facts.

the bigger question for me is.... who would you like to see them bring in as coordinators that would make you comfortable with keeping AL next year? Seeing how overly loyal he can be, I would prefer he not be able to pick his own staff.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                          Not only is Lynn's clock management severely lacking at times, but I still maintain that his overall game planning and play design are extremely simple and predictable. I watched the second half of the Seattle-Niners game, and those are two real teams with some creative game planning and plays. Different fronts, different plays run out of different looks, misdirection, fakes, motion, and very successful. Lynn and Stich's idea of a creative play is for Rivers standing like a statue in the stinking shotgun and handing the rock off to Gordon for nada...so, so, predictable...

Comment

Working...
                          X