• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
    What if Jax rolls us again in the first round? (I can see it, good running game, time of possession, Lombard retarded calls, etc)

We were a coin flip away from losing to AZ

Who have we beaten?

This place will go crazy and want everyone fired
    that last line is a given if we lose, no matter who play. all high fives and butt slaps around here will come to an end.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Can you see them winning at all? Or is one and done all you can see?
      the LAC team that played yesterday can beat any team in the playoffs
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I can see us winning in Tenn & KC & hopefully hosting the Dolphins in the AFCCG & beating them again too
        If you can see us winning against KC, then you should be able to envision us beating Jax. Our loss to Jax was an aberration. That was our "whatever can wrong will go wrong" game. We're a better team than them.

I'm not paying a 1st round pick for a guy that encouraged dirty hits on other players. He's done nothing without Brees.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If you can see us winning against KC, then you should be able to envision us beating Jax. Our loss to Jax was an aberration. That was our "whatever can wrong will go wrong" game. We're a better team than them.

I'm not paying a 1st round pick for a guy that encouraged dirty hits on other players. He's done nothing without Brees.
          I’m not so sure KC is better than JAX right now, but I agree with your point.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

What if Jax rolls us again in the first round? (I can see it, good running game, time of possession, Lombard retarded calls, etc)

Who have we beaten?

Jacksonville has beaten a lot of tomato cans down the stretch.
            One good game at home against Dallas.

These what if scenarios do not interest me.
            Of course people will go ape shit here if they lose to Jacksonville.

What if they lose 88 to nothing?

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Jacksonville has beaten a lot of tomato cans down the stretch.
              One good game at home against Dallas.

These what if scenarios do not interest me.
              Of course people will go ape shit here if they lose to Jacksonville.

What if they lose 88 to nothing?
              You can also say we haven't beaten anyone good in our 4 game winning streak. We thought the Dolphins were good, but that team has collapsed. The Colts, Rams and Titans are all pretty bad teams right now. In the end, it kind of doesn't matter as it is hard to win games in this league. We could lose to any team in the playoffs and we can beat any team in the playoffs.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

the LAC team that played yesterday can beat any team in the playoffs
                This^^^

and they were testing some different personnel on defense which partially affected their run defense in the first quarter…after they settled down, they only allowed something like 79 yards in the final three quarters…

I think our secondary is playing as good as anyone in the league right now…they gave up a couple of chunk plays but basically held their passing game to like 150 yards for the game:shock:
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

As I watched the Steelers (how great a coach is Tomlin?) and Ravens just kill each other last night, I thought about Lamar Jackson and how much money and guaranteed money he wants. I think it will be terrible for both him and the Ravens if they don't make a deal. Bad for the Ravens because they will have to totally change their entire offense, including the players and bad for Jackson because the team he goes to will either have to take the time to totally build the offense around him like the Ravens did or arrogantly think they don't need to and he will flame out. I don't think Jackson has the leverage he maybe thinks he does. He is great but is only great on that team. And he gets hurt a lot. Don't blame him a bit for wanting what Watson and Wilson got from their idiot teams. But he wont get it.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Who have we beaten?

What if a piece of a Chinese satellite breaks away and falls to earth crushing Patrick Mahomes? What if dogs rise up and take over the earth? How about if time travel is decoded tomorrow and someone goes back in time and takes all the Oreos out of vending machines?

Here is what happens if the chargers lose in the first round:
                    1. We will all be down hearted. How could we not?
                    2. Staley and Herbert learn a ton about the playoffs
                    3. The team gets over it and is excited about the future
                    4. Those in our board community who seemingly are never happy, always find the cloud in the silver lining, can’t get over the team leaving San Diego, think they know better than a seasoned front office and coaching staff will take over all the threads and be at their most unhappy happiest.

My advice? Just enjoy this friend. Chargers are relevant. Chargers are playing well at the right time. My brother is a Vikings fan. Feels very different about his team.

peace

TG

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Who have we beaten?

What if we're Super Bowl Champs?
                      We just beat the reigning Champ 31-10.
                      You might say "that was a different team".
                      If you take into account personnel, then who has beaten this Chargers team? Ans: No one.
                      And we're getting better.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2021
                        • Carlsbad, CA
                        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                        • Send PM

The NFL is a parity league driven by the salary cap. The better teams that sperate themselves from the average teams have great QB's . We have one. Enjoy the ride! And, BTFU.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

What if a piece of a Chinese satellite breaks away and falls to earth crushing Patrick Mahomes? What if dogs rise up and take over the earth? How about if time travel is decoded tomorrow and someone goes back in time and takes all the Oreos out of vending machines?

Here is what happens if the chargers lose in the first round:
                          1. We will all be down hearted. How could we not?
                          2. Staley and Herbert learn a ton about the playoffs
                          3. The team gets over it and is excited about the future
                          4. Those in our board community who seemingly are never happy, always find the cloud in the silver lining, can’t get over the team leaving San Diego, think they know better than a seasoned front office and coaching staff will take over all the threads and be at their most unhappy happiest.

My advice? Just enjoy this friend. Chargers are relevant. Chargers are playing well at the right time. My brother is a Vikings fan. Feels very different about his team.

peace

TG

All of these are favorable outcomes.
                          Not at all a good analogy to a soul crushing Charger playoff loss.

What if Tom Telesco gets caught shop lifting, and John Spanos replaces him?
                          What if Dean Spanos is bled dry in legal fees and needs to squeeze more money out of this franchise?:goofylol:

Comment

Working...
                          X