• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Every fucking year, it's the same thing. Watching Free agents that could solve problems on this team, fall one after the other. Nothing from the Bolts. I shake my head, and try to tell myself we are making the right decisions, being smart about the money...

But if we go and blow all this cap room we have freed up on Tom fucking Brady, what a huge disappointment.
    Not to worry. I'm sure Coupon Tom is working on the next Old Man Davis signing...

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Every fucking year, it's the same thing. Watching Free agents that could solve problems on this team, fall one after the other. Nothing from the Bolts. I shake my head, and try to tell myself we are making the right decisions, being smart about the money...

But if we go and blow all this cap room we have freed up on Tom fucking Brady, what a huge disappointment.
      & It's looking more & more that way... Hoping the Bucs come up with a stupid amount of money offer so we can build this team for the long term.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Trent for Supa Mel straight up...
        that was my trade

I would even add a 3rd round comp pick in 2021 and a 5th this year

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

& It's looking more & more that way... Hoping the Bucs come up with a stupid amount of money offer so we can build this team for the long term.
          the data shows - winning free agency doesn't mean championships. the problem is - you have to spend your money wisely

Thomas davis - was not wise based on his age.

I am not sure the Chargers have "missed" on anybody yet that I would have given the same money for. Like Hargove signed for 39/3; I think the if Chargers could get Linval J for 16/5 - it would be a good solid signing or Pierce for 30/3 or Wolfe or Shelby Harris.

Data also shows that not too many free agents are pro bowlers - its a VERY small number

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

the data shows - winning free agency doesn't mean championships. the problem is - you have to spend your money wisely

Thomas davis - was not wise based on his age.

I am not sure the Chargers have "missed" on anybody yet that I would have given the same money for. Like Hargove signed for 39/3; I think the if Chargers could get Linval J for 16/5 - it would be a good solid signing or Pierce for 30/3 or Wolfe or Shelby Harris.

Data also shows that not too many free agents are pro bowlers - its a VERY small number
            I'm not as concerned about who we didn't sign. I'm more concerned that the signing is Brady. I just think it's a terrible idea.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

Wow . Miami really having a day. Added DE Shaq Lawson, top CB Byron Jones, a top LB Kyle Van Noy and G Ereck Flowers ( Maybe overpaid a little) . They will be much better next year - on D anyway. Seems everyone got~ $10m/yr.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                Wow . Miami really having a day. Added DE Shaq Lawson, top CB Byron Jones, a top LB Kyle Van Noy and G Ereck Flowers ( Maybe overpaid a little) . They will be much better next year - on D anyway. Seems everyone got~ $10m/yr.
                Jones close to $17 million yearly.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I'm not as concerned about who we didn't sign. I'm more concerned that the signing is Brady. I just think it's a terrible idea.
                    No shit...it's gotten to the point that just not signing Brady is all I care about....they can do what the fuck ever, as long as they don't sign that happy asshole...
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Mariota being looked at as a backup lol. I suppose he will complete with Carr.
                      Not some earth shattering signing imo,.... just glad it isn't us.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Mariota being looked at as a backup lol. I suppose he will complete with Carr.
                        Not some earth shattering signing imo,.... just glad it isn't us.
                        The ultimate Check Down Charlie
                        comes to Allegiant for Chucky.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                          Well we'll see. The favorable thing is they both played in Flores defense in NE but usually signing a bunch of high priced FAs isn't a good formula for success.
                          Van Noy did well in NE but thought he was meh prior to going there.

Comment

Working...
                          X