• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Drake Maye reminds me of Herbert. Big. Huge arm. Can run. If he declares for the 2024 draft I hope he doesn't end up with the Raiders. If Garoppolo's Raiders contract is voided, McDaniels may decided to just tank in 2023 to be in position to draft Caleb Williams or Maye. The Cardinals have set themselves up to tank too. Williams and Maye may be the first two players drafted. (Though the son of Marvin may have something to say about that.)

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I don't trust Palmer at all downfield. And neither does Herbert.
      Id call that false.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Drake Maye reminds me of Herbert. Big. Huge arm. Can run. If he declares for the 2024 draft I hope he doesn't end up with the Raiders. If Garoppolo's Raiders contract is voided, McDaniels may decided to just tank in 2023 to be in position to draft Caleb Williams or Maye. The Cardinals have set themselves up to tank too. Williams and Maye may be the first two players drafted. (Though the son of Marvin may have something to say about that.)

If Murray is healthy they wont be tanking. I dont think Murray is elite but he is good enough to win games. Caleb Williams is going #1.
        I can see Houston and Indy being up there on the draft list with their rookie QBs. Houston was bad last year but drafted well.

Could see Green Bay take a dive, & The Washington WTF's. Maybe TB without Brady....and of course, The Turds if Jimmy G isnt a go.....lmao. That would be so sweet and if that happens, look for Joshy to be fired after the season.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I don't trust Palmer at all downfield. And neither does Herbert.
          You've been missing a few games. Palmer has good hands and runs a good route.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

There is plenty of shit talking going on right now between LA and S.Florida.

Herbert vs Tua.

We best start gearing up for The Opener.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Herbert vs Tua.

Miami fans are so insecure and jealous that they didnt get Herbert, they have been building up Tua since they signed Tyreek. Well Tua sucked against us and is still injury prone and the main reason i didnt want him. And yes, our week 1 matchup, ...they are really trying to build him up lol. A healhy Herbert and team i think we smoke Miami.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Herbert vs Tua.

Bring them on.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I have to be honest now.
                  Some of these so called football takes are pure garbage.
                  I say that with serious respect.
                  Everyone else's opinions are at least as valuable as mine.
                  The real problem is that we need to be somewhere near the truth.
                  It brings this entire beautiful place down.
                  This is embarassing.
                  Fans of other teams come here.
                  Football takes are always allowed.
                  Just have a good one please.
                  JMO.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

I have to be honest now.
                    Some of these so called football takes are pure garbage.
                    I say that with serious respect.
                    Everyone else's opinions are at least as valuable as mine.
                    The real problem is that we need to be somewhere near the truth.
                    It brings this entire beautiful place down.
                    This is embarassing.
                    Fans of other teams come here.
                    Football takes are always allowed.
                    Just have a good one please.
                    JMO.
                    Somewhere near the truth, or at least logically reasoned - that's my goal . . . . . . . . Not sure I'd be too embarrassed Wu - most takes here have a basis in logic. Have you spent time on other forums?? TPB is top 10 easily. We've been pretty good with holding down the flame wars as well . . . . . . We're on the right track (mostly)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

So, let me get this straight; you think it helps a coach to have a great QB? What an idea.

Joking aside, it's still a team game and every HC that has ever won a SB had a good team. Some thought, I didn't have a great QB.
                      It is indeed. Dan Marino never got a trophy. Andy is a very good coach but the folklore statue-carvers around here ignore the HUGE part of his career to zoom in on the great bits. Fact is he’s been a coach for what, about 24 years or so? He’s got 2 trophies. Thats terrific, it’s also 22 years without them. A lot of long time watchers noted for a long time that he lost big games despite having “great” teams. Some of us even remember some very loud controversies about some of his very questionable moves in many of those games.

And I’m gonna say it again - Andy Reid blew a bigger playoff lead that Staley with less time remaining in the game. Of course nobody here cares - their hate is reserved for Staley because they know as a fact that no good coach could ever blow a lead like … oh, wait.

I’m glad he broke through and got a SB, he’s a good coach and also a good guy as best i can tell. I do think he’s got enough trophies now though lol its time for the Flip.

Its getting harder to win a SB without a great QB than days of yore - league keeps tweaking rules to favor the offense and enforcing rules more against the defense even after that.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He’s got an arm. Doesn’t run quite as fast as.Herbie but that gun is firing.

You think McDoofus will be back if they tank this year?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He’s got an arm. Doesn’t run quite as fast as.Herbie but that gun is firing.

You think McDoofus will be back if they tank this year?
                          Hopefully . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X