• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

D-Hop would be a good add if we had a place for him. We already have 2 #1's and a solid #3, all of whom Herbert loves and trusts, a stellar draftee, a mini-jet and deep speed.
    We're not going to take targets away from a healthy MW or KA and QJ is in notice to play like a #1 and earn #1 targets. No good reason for D-Hop to interrupt the plan. We have a well built receiving group.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Again, you have yet to answer the bigger question that I have asked since the news first came out about DHop?

but never mind, you feel free to carry on as well

Its a forum of ideas - we all want the same thing. and lets be honest. Andy Reid has had success that Telesco hasn't - so maybe doing things the same every year might keep the results similar as well.
      Telesco - Veach or Staley- Reid. Granted past KC has been more successful than the Chargers. All the more reason to kick some KC ass Reid is 3-1 vs Staley by the slimmest of margins per W. I'll be disappointed if we are 1-1 vs KC this year.
      LAC 2- KC -0

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Telesco - Veach or Staley- Reid. Granted KC has been more successful than the Chargers. All the more reason to kick some KC ass Reid is 3-1 vs Staley by the slimmest of margins per W. I'll be disappointed if we are 1-1 vs KC this year.
        LAC 2- KC -0
        The reason I say Telesco v Reid is the fact that those two people have been with their respective organizations the same time. Reid has had varied GMs; Telesco has had varied coaches - but those two are constants. I also think Andy Reid has a lot of say in that organization over the years. And he should - he has the experience, success and gravitas to have a large voice in the building

And I agree - its time to beat the Chiefs not just once, but twice. Also a winning record for the AFCWest, 4-2 at worst.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

All that D. Hopkins talking reminds me the 1985's draft.
          Even if the Chargers didn't need Wr, D. Corryel wanted to draft somebody named Jerry Rice.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

The reason I say Telesco v Reid is the fact that those two people have been with their respective organizations the same time. Reid has had varied GMs; Telesco has had varied coaches - but those two are constants. I also think Andy Reid has a lot of say in that organization over the years. And he should - he has the experience, success and gravitas to have a large voice in the building

And I agree - its time to beat the Chiefs not just once, but twice. Also a winning record for the AFCWest, 4-2 at worst.
            I get the thing about Reid, he's a prominent figure.
            I like what Telesco has assembled here, coaches and players. Staley and Moore both have #1's on their resumes, Offense, Defense and Special Teams have their stars,vets and youth, talent and depth.We ain't too shabby.
            Let's play 2023!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Again, you have yet to answer the bigger question that I have asked since the news first came out about DHop?

but never mind, you feel free to carry on as well

Its a forum of ideas - we all want the same thing. and let’s is be honest. Andy Reid has had success that Telesco hasn't - so maybe doing things the same every year might keep the results similar as well.
              What is the bigger question? Apologies, it got lost in the shuffle. I’d be delighted to answer …

Andy is a coach, TT is a GM. Andy has had a lot of success, he’s a very good coach.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Cook sucks

Zeke was better than Cook last year
                Cook -
                2022 Minnesota Vikings 17 264 1173 4.4 81 8 50 18.9 5 3 3
                Elliott -
                2022 Dallas Cowboys 15 231 876 3.8 27 12 52 22.5 5 0 0
                Eckler -
                2022 LA Chargers 17 204 915 4.5 72 13 46 22.6 4 2 3

Other than TD's Cook had a better year (running the ball) than either Elliott or Eckler. Plus he's a home run hitter with the speed to break the long runs. He and Eckler would immediately become one of the best duos in the league. We'd still need a short yardage guy though.​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

And I agree - it’s time to beat the Chiefs not just once, but twice. Also a winning record for the AFCWest, 4-2 at worst.
                  Yeah but … they have different jobs. Andy has been around a very long time, and he is a good coach. congrats on his very recent new-found ability to win the SB, it should help erase the sting of the two decades and countless coaching blunders he made prior to that.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yeah but … they have different jobs. Andy has been around a very long time, and he is a good coach. congrats on his very recent new-found ability to win the SB, it should help erase the sting of the two decades and countless coaching blunders he made prior to that.
                    Coaching blunders or player blunders? Andy Reid + top 5 QB is absolutely lethal to opponents.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

As long as we have Allen and M. Williams as our starters we will need at least two stud wideouts backing them up. I don't understand how anyone can question that now. Especially if we want to take advantage of what Herbie can do for us. Johnston is the only WR backup I trust. Guyton is okay as a backup but we can't depend on him (see last year). And Palmer is not a deep threat. So yeah, I'd love another deep threat fast dependable WR on this team that can also catch the ball in traffic. Why wouldn't we be looking at Hopkins?
                      Hopkins is not this guy - never was. He's a superior route runner and separator, with exceptional hands. He's very similar to Allen in this regard, but better. He's NOT a deep threat.

2013:
                      Combine: 4.57
                      Pro day: 4.46

Doubt he's this fast today - to be generous call him a 4.50 type guy now. Fast enough, but not blazing by any stretch. Most of our safeties run better - ALL of our corners are faster.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Coaching blunders or player blunders? Andy Reid + top 5 QB is absolutely lethal to opponents.
                        You may be too young to remember the many clock management and questionable game blunders he made in Philly at critical times in the playoffs. Thats why they finally fired a coach that had such a huge winning record. He was practically notorious for it, seriously true. Go read up on history.

I posted this before - his first KC playoff game he was up by 28 points mid-way in the 3rd period and lost. Where are the cries that that was historic collapse, worst loss ever, he’s a horrible coach, that there is no way a team should ever be up by 28 points mid-way through the 3rd period and ever allow a team to beat them? right? We don’t because then he got Mahomes and Mahomes has been utter magic.

so much of KC’s success is key plays that completely get blown up (e.g. the original coaching strategy FAILED) but then Mahomes scrambles and evades and pulls a magic rabbit out of his hat by some unbelievable miracle. Thats awesome for them - but if Andy didn’t have Mahomes doing that - he’d be having the same success now that he had with Smith and losing early in the playoffs. He’d still just be the pass-friendly version of Marty. Andy is a very good coach, spare me on the greatest genius of all time.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You may be too young to remember the many clock management and questionable game blunders he made in Philly at critical times in the playoffs. Thats why they finally fired a coach that had such a huge winning record. He was practically notorious for it, seriously true. Go read up on history.

I posted this before - his first KC playoff game he was up by 28 points mid-way in the 3rd period and lost. Where are the cries that that was historic collapse, worst loss ever, he’s a horrible coach, that there is no way a team should ever be up by 28 points mid-way through the 3rd period and ever allow a team to beat them? right? We don’t because then he got Mahomes and Mahomes has been utter magic.

so much of KC’s success is key plays that completely get blown up (e.g. the original coaching strategy FAILED) but then Mahomes scrambles and evades and pulls a magic rabbit out of his hat by some unbelievable miracle. Thats awesome for them - but if Andy didn’t have Mahomes doing that - he’d be having the same success now that he had with Smith and losing early in the playoffs. He’d still just be the pass-friendly version of Marty. Andy is a very good coach, spare me on the greatest genius of all time.
                          So, let me get this straight; you think it helps a coach to have a great QB? What an idea.

Joking aside, it's still a team game and every HC that has ever won a SB had a good team. Some though, didn't have a great QB.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X